By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze details (New Stuff+Spoilers)

This month’s issue of Game Informer contains a feature on Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. We’ve rounded up details from the magazine’s report below.

- Snowmads are made up of penguins, owls, rabbits, sea lions, and walruses

- Diddy Kong’s cartwheel attack useful for close attacks

- Use Kong Pow with Diddy to turn all enemies on the screen into extra balloons

- As previously mentioned, Dixie’s Kong Pow turns onscreen enemies into gold hearts

- Dixie’s ponytail is like a propeller underwater for extra speed

- Enemies will get tougher as you progress

- Tucks (penguin-like enemies) start out with Donkey Kong being able to take them out by jumping on their heads or rolling into them

- Later, they’ll have spears and helmets at their disposal, so you can only attack them from behind

- Tucks will then come with double-sided spears and spiked helmets, so they must be stunned first before you can attack

- 6 islands

- 6-7 levels per island

- Boss stage and a bonus level as well

- Bonus level unlocks after collecting all KONG letters in each level

- World 1: Lost Mangroves (rainforest, vine grabbing, zip-lining)

- World 2: Autumn Heights (Bavarian-like mountain, mine carts, hot-air balloons, giant owls, jagged cliff faces)

- World 3: Bright Savannah (tall grass, orange/brown colors, like an African safari, dodge brush fire and penguins with spears)

- World 4: Sea Breeze Cove (blue harbors, sandy inlets, lots of swimming, dodge electric seaweed and manage air supply)

- World 5: Juicy Jungle (tropical forest that produces a rare fruit, home to an elaborate processing plant, jump off jellies to reach new heights)

- World 6: DK Island (Donkey Kong’s tree house has been frosted over, has homages to levels from Donkey Kong Country Returns)

- Will always control Donkey Kong in single-player

- Side characters add to Donkey Kong’s abilities

- Subtle differences between the side characters

- Can switch between side characters by breaking barrels in the levels

- Icons on the barrels rotate slowly so that you can pick your partner

- Offers challenging gameplay

Be sure to check out Game Informer’s full article on Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze this month, which is accompanied by a batch of new screenshots.

http://nintendoeverything.com/donkey-kong-country-tropical-freeze-details-3/

Around the Network

I think the classic 2D platformer genre is dead, basically no one cared for NSMBU and now people are actually getting mad at nintendo for talking about the sequel to last generation's best exponent of that genre, you should not post this here

6-7 levels on 6 islands. Even with Bonus and Boss stages that doesn't seem too long.... Personally don't think its worth shelling out $60 considering there is only single player.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex Edition FC 0025-4434-1221

MSG ME AS YOU ADD.

ash3336 said:
6-7 levels on 6 islands. Even with Bonus and Boss stages that doesn't seem too long.... Personally don't think its worth shelling out $60 considering there is only single player.

Well looks like ur in luck, the game costs $50

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
ash3336 said:

How do you know? All other Nintendo games cost $60 on WiiU. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

Only 40 or so levels? NSMB2's 80+ levels have spoiled me.

I suspect they might be hiding something. Perhaps a third of the game is hidden behind the credits, a la 3D World?

Love and tolerate.

Fusioncode said:
zorg1000 said:
ash3336 said:

How do you know? All other Nintendo games cost $60 on WiiU. 

Nintendo said so a few months back and not all Nintendo games are $60 on Wii U

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Salnax said:

I suspect they might be hiding something. Perhaps a third of the game is hidden behind the credits, a la 3D World?

How many levels were in DKC Returns

zorg1000 said:
Salnax said:

How many levels were in DKC Returns

Sixty-something.Basically, you had 8 "Worlds" with 6 regular levels each and two unlockable ones.

If there really are only forty-something levels in Tropical Freeze, they'd better be something special. But knowing Retro, if there are only that many levels, they'll probably be levels of epic proportions.

Love and tolerate.

ash3336 said:

Incorrect; it has multiplayer just like DKCR.