By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should i trade my ps3 in for a Wii U?

What should be my Secondary Console for this gen? (PS4 primarily)

Wii U 258 72.68%

PS3 97 27.32%

Total:355

i used to be a gamer who loves to replay great experiences....but then online gaming caught me and nowdays once i beat a game i jump right into the MP and continue playing for a long time, if it hasn't then it starts to cellect dust. Sad but true :/

Around the Network
AmericanAli said:
@TheBlackNaruto : Yes i played the whole uncharted games, ratchet and clank games,little big planet games,killzone games,infamous games,the last of us and last but not least the entire god of war series except for gow:A which i never got to buy. Not sure if it's worth to waive on a Wii U though.

Did you play Folklore, Kindom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix(2.5 is not out yet), FF X/x-2 HD remake is coming out, Tales of Grace F and Tales of Xillia, Tales of Xiliia 2, Tales of Symphonia Chronicles 2, The Resistance series, Ni No Kuni, Star Ocean Last Hope, Metal Gear Solid 4, Metal Gear Solid collection, Eternal Sonata, Journey, Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls, Valkyria Chronicles, Buzz Quiz, the Yakuza games and those are just some of the exclusives that I could think of off teh top of my head that you didn't mention. Now those are all games that I personally enjoyed and I didn't name any mulitplats that you may have played on 360...

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

i played ni no kuni but i somehow didn't liked it because i was expecting a dragon quest, and yes i played kingdom hearts 1.5 remix but there's actually no reason for me getting 2.5 since i played KH2 back in the ps2 days. And all the other games i am aware of but either their not my type of games or never heard of them :/

i mean the only ps3 game i sm looking forward next year is south park: stick of truth and even with that i am not sure if it will actually will deliver something promising since i am very careful of purchasing tv/movie branded games.

get a wiiu its a great system, i love the gamepad as its my primary controller of choice. monster hunter 3 ultimate is awesome, pikmin 3, super mario 3d world is great, then u got bayonetta 2,xenoblade 2 (x), and many more coming in 2014.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

The Wii U is a very good console, people who say its bad has either had little to no experience with it. As a Wii U launch adopter i have been very happy with my purchase. There is slowly but surely a stellar line up for the system, especially the exclusives, 3rd party is hit and miss (mainly miss), but that is no fault of the hardware ,more the fault of lazy devs and unoptimised ports. The gamepad is the single most useful controller i have ever encountered in gaming,( i call it the swiss army knife of gaming) seriously i cant believe the bad press it gets. Off tv play is useful and having inventorys at the touch of a screen and map dispays makes a lot of games much smoother to play. If you dont mind me saying, a gamer such as yourself may actually make the Wii U more of a success, as i believe outside of Nintendo fans Wii U could find an audience as a secondry console.
Yes im a Nintendo fan, but i wouldnt recommend a poor console to people. Wii U is a very good console :)

Keep your PS3 because Persona 5

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

well like others have said, if you like Nintendo games then yes if not then no

why is it so hard for people to know what they want? just look at the games. if you like you get you don't you don't get

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

thanks for the advices you guys were giving me, but another concern i have with the wii u is: will the storage of 32GB be enough?! Especially if i get the zelda bundle which comes with a !Downloadeable! code for wind waker. How much space will a game take?

AmericanAli said:
i played ni no kuni but i somehow didn't liked it because i was expecting a dragon quest, and yes i played kingdom hearts 1.5 remix but there's actually no reason for me getting 2.5 since i played KH2 back in the ps2 days. And all the other games i am aware of but either their not my type of games or never heard of them :/

Well befoer you get rid of it atleast try some of those games out! And I personally say keep your PS3 and just get a Wii U as well! No rush the games are not going anywhere!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23