Tagged games:

SM3DWorld sales are bad

Where's Metroid? 91 30.74%

Outsold by Knack 95 32.09%

I want Galaxy 3 49 16.55%

I want 64-2 38 12.84%

I want Sunshine 2 22 7.43%

Total:295

Nintendo needs to think outside the box. If Nintendo developed a platformer/action game called Super Mario vs Zelda World and made it sidescrolling,while dropping price of Wii U by $80-100, they would crush everything.

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

Around the Network

Is the tc serious? you cant expect to be taken seriously with half information

No game will be able to "save" the WiiU at this point, still I think Mario Kart 8 will likely be the lifetime best seller, and the closest thing to a killer app the console will get.

Nintendo needs to sell this 'next gen' marketing at full force for the Wii U. The only way to see it move units at a good rate is to value and price it at $249 w/ NSMBU+NSLU bundle and a 3DW bundle (coupled with the 'next gen' marketing). Make similar bundles for DKCTF, MK8, and SSMB when they release (and future big releases such as Zelda).

It would eat into their profits for quite some time but I think it should pay off in the long term, not to mention keeping a healthy market share assuming PS4 and X1 track higher than it for some time as it looks to be that way (at least for PS4).

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Also, it would help to release Bayonetta 1 on eShop, and Super Mario Sunshine HD (like Wind Waker) sometime next year.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Around the Network

Even as a Nintendo fan, I must admit that I am very happy that Mario 3D World is not having success and that the game is not moving console, eventhough I would like the Wii U to succeed.

The flop of 3D World would mean Nintendo stopping now with this approach of Mario and going back to full fledged 3D Mario like Galaxy, Sunshine and 64. I would have bought the Wii U for one of these game. Now Nintendo will have to wait the SB, MK8 and Zelda.

Lucas-Rio said:
Even as a Nintendo fan, I must admit that I am very happy that Mario 3D World is not having success and that the game is not moving console, eventhough I would like the Wii U to succeed.

The flop of 3D World would mean Nintendo stopping now with this approach of Mario and going back to full fledged 3D Mario like Galaxy, Sunshine and 64. I would have bought the Wii U for one of these game. Now Nintendo will have to wait the SB, MK8 and Zelda.

While I'm not happy about it, it is part of my op that now Nintendo can focus on other kind of traditional flops. I'd be more excited for a real Galaxy succesor (not Galaxy3) where I can explore, solve puzzles and all that needed to collect a star.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Mr Khan said:
sabastian said:

Dude the title has "MARIO" in it..... Mario Kart. Kart game with mario/ A Mario game with Karts. 

Mario game.

You and frequency are both determined to misunderstand things, clearly. Gameplay is all that matters in this regard, because that's what people buy them for. I had hoped to not have to spell it out quite so plainly.

I'm 100% sure he understands.

Videokameras said:
Anyway i still think mario 3d moves consoles, it has a culminative effect though together with Other games.

Just look at Wind waker, some didnt pick it up at the beginning, but picked it up when 3d world came.

Its just Not like a big push, its more like a snowball that gradually increases with other games coming out. Mario 3D world is a great foundation

This man is a genius.

Mr Khan said:
Frequency said:
Soundwave said:

It's still a bit much even if they are different genres. 

Brain Training and Wii Sports do not sell as much if they were Mario's Math Class and Mario Sports. Nintendo needs to understand that while slapping Mario on the box of 15 different types of games may be an easy way for a game to turn a profit, it hurts their overall brand by having so many games with the same character in them even if they are different games.

From November 2011 to November 2013 we've had ...

Mario Party 9, Paper Mario 3DS, Mario & Luigi 3DS, Luigi's Mansion, New Super Mario Bros. U, New Super Mario Bros. 2, Mario & Sonic London Olympics, Mario & Sonic Sochi Olympics, Mario Vs. DK 3DS, Super Mario 3D Land, Super Mario 3D World, Mario Tennis 3D, Mario Kart 7, Mario Party 3DS, New Super Luigi U ... that's 15 games in a 24 month period, that means more than 1 new Mario or Luigi branded game every second month for 2 straight years basically. 

I can totally understand an exasperated parent being pissed off if they went to store to get the "new" Mario game, and ended up buying say "New Super Mario Bros. U" instead of Mario 3D World, not understanding the difference, because there's like 10 other Mario games staring back at them from the store shelf. 

And this, boys a girls, is oversaturation.

2 party games, two RPGs, a semi-horror gametype, 2 2D Platformers, 3 sports games, 2 3D Platformers, a racing game, and a DLC pack onto a 2D platformer.

I fail to see the merits of your argument beyond a purely superficial level. Customers aren't dumb.

and across 3 platforms.