By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which Nintendo Games Or Franchise Would You Like To See A Comeback On The Wii U ?

Tagged games:

Which Is it ?

Metroid 93 41.52%

Star Fox 54 24.11%

Fatal Frame 13 5.80%

F-Zero 45 20.09%

Kirby 4 1.79%

Sequel To Super Mario Galaxy 2 15 6.70%

Total:224

F-zero U

Pikmin 4

Around the Network
Kawaiix33 said:
SuperMarioWorld said:
No Wave Race on the poll yet you put F-zero? What is wrong with people!!?!?! Wave Race shits all over F-zero and it has better sales!

Never heard of this wave race. Is it popular and play better than F-zero ?

haha yeh man it's a way better game. There was a Wave race on N64 and Gamecube and it sold more than F-Zero on both consoles. I can't work out why F-zero is discussed more these days. Maybe because it came first and people get nostaligic for shit like that.

Mother
F-Zero
Metroid
Star Fox
Eternal Darkness
Sin and Punishment
Duck Hunt
Kid Icarus
Ice Climbers
Balloon Fighter
Golden Sun
Advance Wars
Hotel Dusk
Custom Robo
Urban Champion
Battle Clash
Teleroboxer

If we're allowing any franchise that isn't already on the Wii U (as people who list Kirby, Metroid, Endless Ocean, etc appear to be doing), here's my list, in order (most wanted at top). Note: practically guaranteed games (like Kirby) and announced titles (like Art Academy) aren't listed.

1. Endless Ocean
2. Pokemon Snap
3. Ice Climbers
4. Battalion Wars
5. Pokemon (Orre)
6. Metroid
7. 1080 Snowboarding
8. Wii Music (yes, really)
9. Diddy Kong Racing
10. Brain Training (AKA Brain Age)

Fzero, Metroid and Starfox

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
Around the Network

F2P Mario party, with all the old minigames available to buy for $1 each.

F2P Warioware, with all the old microgames available to buy for $1 in packs of 10.

F2P F-Zero, with all the old tracks available to buy for $ 1 each.

F2P Nintendogs with microtransactions.

F2P Endless Ocean with microtransactions.

F2P Mario Kart Classics, with all the old tracks available to buy for $ 1 each.

F2P Pilotwings, with all the old tracks available to buy for $ 1 each

F2P Wave Race, with all the old tracks available to buy for $ 1 each

F2P Advance Wars, with all the old tracks available to buy for $ 1 each.

F2P Mario Golf, with all the old tracks available to buy for $ 1 each.

F2P Brain Age with microtransactions.

F2P Wii music, with microtransactions.

If the regular staff hasn't the time or are considered too costly, they could let the interns refurbish the old games whitout it taking too much time or money.

Kawaiix33 said:
Rogerioandrade said:
People are making so much fuzz about Nintendo latest announcements (or lack of new announcements), but looking at their previous consoles we can safely say that those franchises will be back anytime soon on the WiiU:

Metroid
Kirby
Paper Mario
Fire Emblem
Zelda

Now, I really hope they make a new Starfox and a new F-Zero game. I also wanted them to experiment again with sports games, like they did in the N64 era with those excellent Excitebike64, Wave Race, 1080 Snowboarding

Same. It a shame that the N64 and Wii had more variety of games than the Wii U did.

Yes.

I know that those games were produced with partnerships, but man... Excitebike 64 and 1080 Snowboarding were just... fantastic ! I wonder how these franchises would look like on the WiiU.

Unfortunately, it seems that in today´s market there´s no room for those kind of games anymore. But who knows what would happen if Nintendo makes some experiments in the genre again, like it did with NSMB exactely at a time when platformers were considered dead....

Whilst Wave Race U would be gorgeous, personally I'd prefer F Zero. (Although both for preference)

Golden Sun would also be a good game, but Camalot has never made an RPG above 64 bits. I don't think they would be capable.

I wouldn't mind a 3rd Chrono game, Trigger was so awesome, and I hear good things about Cross.

Other then that and maybe some of their bigger IP's (Metroid, Starfox, F-Zero, etc), I think Nintendo should focus on new IP's. XenoBlade is argueably Wii's best game, and same goes for SMRPG for SNES. I would like to see another new JRPG, or just a new IP in general. Pikmin was nice on Gamecube, but I want more.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Well, mine have already been said by others, but

• F-Zero
  • Art Academy (Not really a comeback as it has never been on a home console, and we know it's coming since the tools they used for Miiverse come from the game)
  • Advance Wars (like the handheld ones, not a Battalion Wars)

And not strictly comebacks but new games from

• Endless Ocean
  • Metroid

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.