By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which Nintendo Games Or Franchise Would You Like To See A Comeback On The Wii U ?

Tagged games:

Which Is it ?

Metroid 93 41.52%

Star Fox 54 24.11%

Fatal Frame 13 5.80%

F-Zero 45 20.09%

Kirby 4 1.79%

Sequel To Super Mario Galaxy 2 15 6.70%

Total:224

An advance war game, with local co-op (or online if they can), where the "general" gives orders to the troops using the gamepad and the other players handle each a unit (or super unit).

Around the Network
Rogerioandrade said:
People are making so much fuzz about Nintendo latest announcements (or lack of new announcements), but looking at their previous consoles we can safely say that those franchises will be back anytime soon on the WiiU:

Metroid
Kirby
Paper Mario
Fire Emblem
Zelda

Now, I really hope they make a new Starfox and a new F-Zero game. I also wanted them to experiment again with sports games, like they did in the N64 era with those excellent Excitebike64, Wave Race, 1080 Snowboarding

Agree 100%.

I would really like to see a new Star Fox (by Retro if possible) and a new F-Zero. And some sports games would be excellent also. Another Excite game would be awesome.

F-Zero
Not being able to play GX anymore is killing me already.
And well... a classic Star Fox would be nice, too.

star fox I miss the game :(

Xbox live: kyokusanagiii    Watching: Patlabor The Mobile Police (OAV 1)

Star Fox and F-Zero for me. Metroid doesn't get a "comeback" since its last game was released just three years ago. Or six, depending on how you look at it... Okay we can call it a comeback from bad Metroid games. Ofc I would love a Prime 4.

Yep.

Around the Network

Fatal frame would be game changer for wiiu, if well done. Battalion wars would be tremendus, give a glimpse of RTS/RTT games on wiiu.

Other than that:
Murasame castle
Star tropics

Why? Why not, i ask.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

Anyone who is saying a franchise that had a game last generation obviously does not know the meaning of a comeback. Comebacks mean you are dead for awhile and then you come back. Metriod and Super mario galaxy shouldn't really count.

Anyway I would choose kid icarus (on consoles of course to get a real comeback)
2nd would be star fox

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Battalion Wars. Be damned the reply above!

(But seriously, this series was pretty much made for the gamepad).

Also: F-Zero.

Metroid first ..than maybe Star Fox.  Wii U needs to see some alien worlds and space combat.

Metroid, Star Fox, F-Zero, Eternal Darkness, Mario RPG, Paper Mario ( not that  Sticker Star shit) and many more.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---