By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Love vgchartz,but it get's boring sometimes.

Join us on GAF's off-topic board. A variety of things to talk about.

Around the Network

its been like that for years only reason why it was fresh back then its b/c console sales/gaming forums was new and all the unique posters have been banned or have moved on with there lives

alot of gaf plugs in here, i also have been lurking and posting on gaf much more frequently this year compared to others only thing i dont like about gaf is they need to separate there forums more gaming, sony, ms, nintendo, off topic everything is to clustered in gaming

Play Me

The website got boring for me once they removed the database & gamrfeed, separated VGReview or whatever it's called and limited data. VGChartz today is just a stripped down version of its former self.

Also, I put the blame on the nation threads; most of the news gets posted there which makes the site look less active, and many feel discouraged discussing the news there because of the number of posts the thread has.

Open an account at Gaf or the Bodybuilding forums; the off topic sections are pretty good there.

even sales predictions have lessend from before, barely 1 reply in the gen 8 ww ltd prediction thread were like 6 years ago you would get 50-100 predictions

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

d21lewis said:
That's when you get off of the internet and live your life.

Around the Network

Yeah, I find myself going into threads ready to post only to realize I'm about to post something that I've already posted in a similar thread. Nowadays, I just check VGC once or twice a day for any interesting threads and go about my day.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

I use this site for news more than anything anymore. It was hard for me to avoid the fanboyish propaganda for a long time but I got to a point where I can ignore it most of the time and just obtain the news.

So to answer your question yes and no. Yes it is because like you said the "Not-so-creative or completely unoriginal threads" and no because there is only one place I can obtain news and sales numbers alike.

The problem isn't the site but the few people (Ok more than a few because "eye for an eye") who are disrespectful and believe their opinions are the only ones that matter.  This site isn't really much about games a lot of times and is more about worshiping a brand.  The worst always comes out with exclusives wether a person is interested or has played the game or not *looks at Forza and Gran Turismo*.

From what I've learned this site is great for sony fans, ok for Nintendo fans, and hell for Xbox fans.  The multifans are stuck in between the bickering.  PC elitists are far and few between on this site (No PC numbers)

VGChartz is boring for the following reasons:

1) A lot of redundant and junk threads that really aren't funny. Moderators should be more strict and try to channel those types of threads in the off topic section.
2) Redundant "official" Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo threads that have dozens of pages. Whereas point 1 is about having too many redundant threads, this point is addressing the fact that you pretty much have an entire subforum jammed into a single thread. Threads should not change topics over and over again. Threads should address one topic and die so that new ones can come about.
3) Discouragement of constructive discourse/anti-fanboyism. This has been in the making for a number of years. Because the moderators banned people liberally and because of constant threads and complaining about fanboyism, now you don't see any interesting debates. And in the end, stupid fanboy debates still haven't been eliminated either, they're just indirect/passive aggressive now. People have just learned to avoid the punishment, and haven't learned the lesson.

Ultimately, the problem is with the posters. It's a self perpetuating cycle. The forum starts to smell, and the good posters start to leave, making it smellier, so on and so on.

Chart is much better than GAF! Finding news is that it is full of huge thread is impossible ... it sucks balls it

d21lewis said:
That's when you get off of the internet and live your life.

This. I had a 4 year break from VGChartz.