By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is completely out of touch with reality.

Turkish said:
green_sky said:
Turkish said:

Geoff himself said yesterday 4 million people were watching while Nintendo Direct streams hover around ~50k viewers, it was a bit more during E3 but then again it was E3.

Bahahah. You've got be kidding me. If they got 4 million concurrent people watching, Spike would have made these their oscars. 

So what you're trying to say is that Nintendo Direct streams have more viewers than a show which is more popular and got shown on tv. Bahahahaha keep believing that.

You have reading comprehension fail and that's just the beggining. I didn't once mention Nintendo Direct as i was refuting your VGX statement and number. Why i even bother...

Around the Network
torok said:
Metallicube said:

Yeah, cause we haven't heard this EXACT SAME "hardcore" talking point 2114234435 times.. Do you guys really think you're being original/smart with these arguements? I could litterally prove every one of these points wrong, but you know what? Fuck it. 8 years of tearing this stupid argument to pieces over and over again is enough.

I need to learn to just let it go and let the hardcore believe their bullshit. I'm just burnt out.. I think I'll just play some NSMB U instead.

Calm down, there is no need to be aggressive over a simple argument. Wii sold like crazy and lost steam mid-way exactly when phones grabbed the casuals. Of course it was a casual oriented console, it even doesn't come with a regular controller. Besides Nintendo games, it only got casual games, shovelware and film adaptations (please, don't list the few exceptions, it can't be compared with the number of titles on PS360). That's why Wii U isn't selling, it's Wii's fault not Wii U. They abandoned the market that could buy their products and tried a new one. But then Apple and Google stole it. If they had a hardcore 40M base on the Wii, Wii U would sell well with those guys upgrading (and forget PS4/One. If that hardcore base existed and bought Wii without caring for the graphics on PS360, they would grab Wii Us without caring for PS4 and One).

Wii U's problems are due to the way it was handled, not the Wii.

The Wii didn't abandon or lose any audience; traditional games were provided  alongside the casual ones throughout its lifespan. It still had Zelda, Metroid, Xenoblade, etc. The gamers the Wii is accused of losing had already left on the Gamecube.

green_sky said:
Turkish said:
green_sky said:
Turkish said:

Geoff himself said yesterday 4 million people were watching while Nintendo Direct streams hover around ~50k viewers, it was a bit more during E3 but then again it was E3.

Bahahah. You've got be kidding me. If they got 4 million concurrent people watching, Spike would have made these their oscars. 

So what you're trying to say is that Nintendo Direct streams have more viewers than a show which is more popular and got shown on tv. Bahahahaha keep believing that.

You have reading comprehension fail and that's just the beggining. I didn't once mention Nintendo Direct as i was refuting your VGX statement and number. Why i even bother...

Thats not the point I was making though, it seems you have reading comprehension fail, my claim is that VGX is much bigger than any nintendo direct, I dont give a fuck how many viewers vgx had, its much bigger than nintendos stream which only caters to nintendo fans while vgx caters to the entire gaming world. if you're only gonna laugh at the claim that vgx has 4 million viewers then go ahead no one is stopping you, you missed the point spectacularly. Is that the only reason you replied to me? "ahahaha Turkish actually believes vgx had so many viewers LMAO". Ha, ha, ha... ? So funny! Yawn. Dont ever reply to me if you dont even know what I'm talking about and I have no time to educate you.

nintendo isn't in touch with reality, but reality sucks

That was the best looking game at the show.

And what's-his-face mentioned it specifically as something he'd show his kids.

I'm pretty sure Nintendo are more in touch with reality than most game makers and indeed game players.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:

You keep trying to throw genre in their and missing the point. Sonic is within the same genre but not the same series. So even if its not as good as Mario 3 it is different enough to be worth the play. I cant say the same for the NSMB series because it is in the same series so essentially you are playing a lesser version of a game youve already played. Now that doesnt make it bad, there still good. But to each their own. IMHO if i know its at least not going to be close or at the very least try to be different then they are not worth playing. ANother example Mario Land 2 is not as good as Mario 3 either, but it was so different in tone, aesthitics, worlds items, etc. that IMHO it was worth playing becasue it still kept the core Mario element while still doing its own thing.

Well, NSMBU doesn't quite have the same mechanics, aesthetics, etc as World and Bros 3, (it ertainly doesn't handle the same) but like you say, to each their own.

but it does have the same aesthetics and mechanics as the last THREE Mario games before it and thats my point, hell they released two in the same year. Now if your not burnt out by now, more power too you. Enjoy

Nem said:
ICStats said:
Nem said:

Nah, a review score doesn't make a game superior to all other games.  For example to someone who likes driving games Forza, or Need For Speed Rivals, will do the job more nicely than any of Nintendo's top rated games.

Then what entitles them to say Nintendo is "out of touch with reality"? When in the end its up to personal preferance.

Majority rule.

Sadly while Wii U is shining in platformers, it is lacking in other core genres like sports, driving, shoters and action adventure.  It's also mostly ports from last gen but generally without improvement.

Honestly I want SM3DW, but that's about it for now, so I keep looking for more reasons to get a Wii U.  Cranky Kong is not the one.  X might be the one.

So, if the majority says we jump down a well, we all should cause its the "in touch" thing to do.

When majority applies, individuality disappears. Again its contradictory in essence. It boils down to peer pressure. Its not the games, its wether its deemed acceptable by the society you live in. The individuality is in not caving in to it and choose what you choose because its what you want. Wether its Wii U, PS4 or X1. The dumb part is when people try to tell you what to do in an atempt to legitimate their choice and have social acceptance while trying to chase out the others choices. In short, a plea for acceptance by rejection of other options.

Society... its always the same. The invisible and often irrational laws that bind us.

You're being over dramatic.  1st nobody is telling you what to do.  2nd if a business doesn't make products that catch on with consumers, it's not the consumer's fault.  Blaming consumers is really in touch (roll eyes).

Arguably part of the rise of PlayStation was thanks to the breadth of games.  Platforming, fighting, action, role playing, sports, rhythm, casual, social, cartoony and realistc, etc.  More people got into gaming because more tastes were covered.  Then Xbox added more FPS and brought in more gamers to consoles that would otherwise be on PC.

There's nothing wrong with making a product that targets a niche - just don't try to make it look like more than what it is.

Personally I play games from most genres, so I like a console that represents them all well.  PS4 still has just a few titles, but the potential is clearly there.  Pretty much all the developers that aren't under contract to make exclusives for other platforms are signed on and developing for PS4.  Most of them have written off the Wii U, so a lot of the potential is not there.

My 8th gen collection

oniyide said:
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:

You keep trying to throw genre in their and missing the point. Sonic is within the same genre but not the same series. So even if its not as good as Mario 3 it is different enough to be worth the play. I cant say the same for the NSMB series because it is in the same series so essentially you are playing a lesser version of a game youve already played. Now that doesnt make it bad, there still good. But to each their own. IMHO if i know its at least not going to be close or at the very least try to be different then they are not worth playing. ANother example Mario Land 2 is not as good as Mario 3 either, but it was so different in tone, aesthitics, worlds items, etc. that IMHO it was worth playing becasue it still kept the core Mario element while still doing its own thing.

Well, NSMBU doesn't quite have the same mechanics, aesthetics, etc as World and Bros 3, (it ertainly doesn't handle the same) but like you say, to each their own.

but it does have the same aesthetics and mechanics as the last THREE Mario games before it and thats my point, hell they released two in the same year. Now if your not burnt out by now, more power too you. Enjoy

Here, let me tell you a secret.

It's... Hum... A Mario game. Do you expect a Mario game to look and play  like... I don't know... Halo or Resident Evil? ¬_¬

ICStats said:

You're being over dramatic.  1st nobody is telling you what to do.  2nd if a business doesn't make products that catch on with consumers, it's not the consumer's fault.  Blaming consumers is really in touch (roll eyes).

Arguably part of the rise of PlayStation was thanks to the breadth of games.  Platforming, shooting, fighting, action, role playing, sports, rhythm, casual, social, cartoony and realistc, etc.  More people got into gaming because more tastes were covered.

There's nothing wrong with making a product that targets a niche - just don't try to make it look like more than what it is.

But, they are. Look at this thread. If i like Nintendo games and nintendo consoles im "out of touch" with reality. Thats what this thread is saying. What makes you think that the consumers on group 1 are more legitimate than the consumers on group 2? Yes, there it is again rearing its ugly head. :P

Nem said:
ICStats said:

Arguably part of the rise of PlayStation was thanks to the breadth of games.  Platforming, shooting, fighting, action, role playing, sports, rhythm, casual, social, cartoony and realistc, etc.  More people got into gaming because more tastes were covered.

But, they are. Look at this thread. If i like Nintendo games and nintendo consoles im "out of touch" with reality. Thats what this thread is saying. What makes you think that the consumers on group 1 are more legitimate than the consumers on group 2? Yes, there it is again rearing its ugly head. :P

Nah, I thought people were talking about "Nintendo" being in touch with reality, not about Nintendo players being in touch.  There's a difference :P

I'd say they're kind of out of touch with the market as a whole, and a little bit even with their own fans.  Haven't you been disappointed at all?

My 8th gen collection