By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is completely out of touch with reality.

I think the only game Nintendo could have shown that would have registered a positive blip of interest from non-Nintendo gamers that we already know about is Monolith's X

A trailer, highlighting the epic scope, the online, etc

Everything else Nintendo does is only relevant to the Nintendo gamers who are already good at keeping themselves well informed.

In fact I think what Reggie did is basically slap hard any of the Nintendo fans that do expect some "core" appeal games by having Retro go up there and show a new character for a DK game with two boring stages.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:

You keep trying to throw genre in their and missing the point. Sonic is within the same genre but not the same series. So even if its not as good as Mario 3 it is different enough to be worth the play. I cant say the same for the NSMB series because it is in the same series so essentially you are playing a lesser version of a game youve already played. Now that doesnt make it bad, there still good. But to each their own. IMHO if i know its at least not going to be close or at the very least try to be different then they are not worth playing. ANother example Mario Land 2 is not as good as Mario 3 either, but it was so different in tone, aesthitics, worlds items, etc. that IMHO it was worth playing becasue it still kept the core Mario element while still doing its own thing.

Well, NSMBU doesn't quite have the same mechanics, aesthetics, etc as World and Bros 3, (it ertainly doesn't handle the same) but like you say, to each their own.

but it does have the same aesthetics and mechanics as the last THREE Mario games before it and thats my point, hell they released two in the same year. Now if your not burnt out by now, more power too you. Enjoy

I don't play 3DS.

Hynad said:
oniyide said:
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:

You keep trying to throw genre in their and missing the point. Sonic is within the same genre but not the same series. So even if its not as good as Mario 3 it is different enough to be worth the play. I cant say the same for the NSMB series because it is in the same series so essentially you are playing a lesser version of a game youve already played. Now that doesnt make it bad, there still good. But to each their own. IMHO if i know its at least not going to be close or at the very least try to be different then they are not worth playing. ANother example Mario Land 2 is not as good as Mario 3 either, but it was so different in tone, aesthitics, worlds items, etc. that IMHO it was worth playing becasue it still kept the core Mario element while still doing its own thing.

Well, NSMBU doesn't quite have the same mechanics, aesthetics, etc as World and Bros 3, (it ertainly doesn't handle the same) but like you say, to each their own.

but it does have the same aesthetics and mechanics as the last THREE Mario games before it and thats my point, hell they released two in the same year. Now if your not burnt out by now, more power too you. Enjoy

Here, let me tell you a secret.

It's... Hum... A Mario game. Do you expect a Mario game to look and play  like... I don't know... Halo or Resident Evil? ¬_¬

thats just a cop out i expect them to at least change the style up at the very least between four different games. Hell the difference between Mario 1, 3, World, Land 2 was almost night and day. They did things different back then with much more limited tech, why are some willing to give them a free ride now?

oniyide said:
Hynad said:
oniyide said:

It's... Hum... A Mario game. Do you expect a Mario game to look and play  like... I don't know... Halo or Resident Evil? ¬_¬

thats just a cop out i expect them to at least change the style up at the very least between four different games. Hell the difference between Mario 1, 3, World, Land 2 was almost night and day. They did things different back then with much more limited tech, why are some willing to give them a free ride now?

Giving them a free ride? Their level design didn't stagnate one bit. But you have to play the game to understand this. Something I doubt you've done. Even though I fully expect you to say otherwise...  -__-

curl-6 said:
oniyide said:
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:

I don't play 3DS.

fair enough

Around the Network
Hynad said:
oniyide said:
Hynad said:
oniyide said:

Giving them a free ride? Their level design didn't stagnate one bit. But you have to play the game to understand this. Something I doubt you've done. Even though I fully expect you to say otherwise...  -__-

played all four of them, only the first one to completion, got bored with the rest