By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digital Foundry vs SM3DWorld. Those framerate drops...

with all the copy and pasted textures, I would be extremely surprised if it wasnt running at 60fps.
the foilage is hardly impressive, yet its covering more than 60% of the screen and areas where there isnt grass, its covered by low textured platforms.

Around the Network
fps_d0minat0r said:

with all the copy and pasted textures, I would be extremely surprised if it wasnt running at 60fps.
the foilage is hardly impressive, yet its covering more than 60% of the screen and areas where there isnt grass, its covered by low textured platforms.

3D World's textures are almost all quite high resolution. And this isn't just "running at 60fps" in the way that COD and such claim to be (when it reality they frequently drop to the 50s and 40s) but a real, flat-line, v-synced 60fps.

It's not exactly pushing the hardware to its limits, but its a gorgeous game that puts 99% of games to shame in terms of performance.

As expected. Probably no studio in the world that doesn't make such polished games as EAD. Game will be mine around Christmas !

zippy said:

The Skyward sword glitch was patched, im not sure but thats the only Wii game i can think of that had to be patched?

Besides, to even trigger that glitch one would have to go pretty far out of their way; not talking to some Goron which every normal person would talk to since he blocks your path, then do something else elsewhere for no reason, then come back to do what you were supposed to do, then go talk to some other Goron in an area you aren't supposed to be yet (or something like this) .

Best Digital Foundry comment:

"No day one patch?
No micro transactions?
No Bugs?
No shoddy frame rate?
No DLC?

Yeah, definitely not a next gen game."

curl-6 said:

"No day one patch?
No micro transactions?
No Bugs?
No shoddy frame rate?
No DLC?

Quite.

ITS NEXT-NEXT GEN

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

"No day one patch?
No micro transactions?
No Bugs?
No shoddy frame rate?
No DLC?

Very true, sadly.

Mr Puggsly said:
I think that game could be 60fps PS360 as well.

Perhaps they should have shown a scene with more happening.

nope

Zero999 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

nope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEAKPh_h3Eg

kupomogli said:
Zero999 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

nope

let's see if I follow your excuse for logic. you are saying that since an unoptimized ps360 port doesn't run perfectly on wii u, then ps360 are more powerfull than wii u? i guess you must also think ps4/xone are weaker than ps360. thank goodness mario and other wii u exclusives are a lot superior over ps360 games, thus proving my point, wich you quoted.

Zero999 said:
kupomogli said:
Zero999 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

nope

let's see if I follow your excuse for logic. you are saying that since an unoptimized ps360 port doesn't run perfectly on wii u, then ps360 are more powerfull than wii u? i guess you must also think ps4/xone are weaker than ps360. thank goodness mario and other wii u exclusives are a lot superior over ps360 games, thus proving my point, wich you quoted.

"then PS360 are more powerful than the Wii U?"

You said that.  I think the Wii U is more powerful.  Better GPU and more ram.  Not that it matters as much, but weaker CPU than the 360 which is weaker than the PS3 CPU.  Even though it's more powerful, it's barely more powerful.   

I'm only pointing out your inherent bias.  You know the reason I think you don't think the PS360 could handle Super Mario 3D World 60fps.  Hell.  Everyone knows that reason.  Mr. 22 million Wii U's sold by December 2014.

Super Mario 3D World while colorful as it may be, lacks any sort of detail to even require any sort of processing power to reach that 60fps.  So I'm pointing out that a game that looks far and away better than Super Mario 3D World runs at an almost consistent 60fps on the 360 in single player and stable 60fps for PS360 multiplayer.  Black Ops 2 as well with multiplayer.  Stable 60fps.  It was a poor choice because it was the newest iteration of the game, and the best running games in the series were Modern Warfare 1 and 2  that  ran 60fps without framedrops on the 360. 

Here are some other games that run at a consistent 60fps and have a lot more detail in their ennvironments and a lot more going on.  Games that actually use processing power and make you go wow, this is running in 60fps, rather  than a game that it's obvious is going to be running 60fps.  I should have used one of these instead.  Forza 4, Devil May Cry 4, Wipeout HD, God of War 1 and 2 HD, Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection, Tekken 6, Tekken Tag 2, Virtua Fighter 5, Metal Gear Rising, and others.  I'll also mention Rage.  Running at 1080p and 60fps, it's one of the best looking open world titles on the PS360, looking better than most non open world games.  I don't like the game, but graphically it's pretty amazing