By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digital Foundry vs SM3DWorld. Those framerate drops...

And thats why Nintendo fans always buy first party efforts, they are polished within an inch of their lives. Whilst 3rd parties release shitty buggy games that rely on online patches, and thats not just on Wii U.

Around the Network
zippy said:
And thats why Nintendo fans always buy first party efforts, they are polished within an inch of their lives. Whilst 3rd parties release shitty buggy games that rely on online patches, and thats not just on Wii U.

Didn't this Mario sell less than the other Mario's?

zippy said:

that's not always true. Skyward Sword has a gamebreaking bug that never was fixed, Pokemon had a gamebreaking bug they had to patch.
Pokemon has the battle analyzer hack, that ruins hurts online battles. But Pokemon isn't technically first party (gamefreaks 2nd party)... so maybe you're more right. :P

While I do agree they are more polished than other companies games.

KylieDog said:
It is graphically unimpressive and running at 720p. It damn well better be 60fps.

That wasn't what the article was about. It was about how consistently it runs at 60fps, when most games rated at 60fps have framerate drops, regardless of their graphical fidelity (which while 3D World isn't pushing boundaries, it's definitely a high end title.) 

"There's actually very little to be critical about from a technical standpoint here. Sure, we were able to notice minor flaws including lower-resolution depth-of-field and alpha effects, minor aliasing, and a lack of anisotropic filtering. Keeping in mind the limitations of the hardware, however, we feel the right trade-offs are made in order to hit the very strict performance target. It's a balance that few developers seem to strive for these days and one that has seemingly become commonplace with Wii U exclusive titles. Nintendo's output has been extremely consistent in delivering a perfect balance of performance and visual quality."

"All of these features would be for nothing if the performance wasn't there, of course. Mario titles demand precision and a quick response that call for a solid 60 frames per second update. More so than most games aiming for this goal, EAD has managed to deliver a 100 per cent consistent update. Every moment of the game, every menu transition, and every element of the user interface all operate at 60fps without a single hitch. Shooting for 60fps is no small task and requires cooperation from the entire team throughout the development cycle, but Nintendo takes it further by taking a zero-tolerance approach to frame-rate dips."

"

kupomogli said:
Euphoria14 said:

Those framerate drops are nowhere to be seen, all while running at a super smooth 60fps.

A game that could easily run on the Wii aside from being in HD, I sure hope it could run at 60fps. 

Here's an image of Super Mario Galaxy upscaled to 720p on the Dolphin Emulator.  If comparing to the Wii and not an upscaled image, resolution aside, Super Mario Galaxy looks a whole hell of a lot better than Super Mario 3D World. 

"A game that could easily run on the Wii aside from being in HD"

LOL!  Give me some of that crack.  First of all, think about what you said.  That's like me saying that COD on PS4 could easily run on PS3 except not in HD.  Oh wait,  it does.  And you know, going from sub 720 to native 1080 is nothing hard to do.   So therefore PS4 is weak.  /Sarcasm.  People REALLY need to stop using EMULATORS for comparisons.

Two, the image above STILL doesn't look as good as 3D World as many here have stated.  You've clearly never played it.  So again, deal me some of what you're having kiddo.

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
Euphoria14 said:

Those framerate drops are nowhere to be seen, all while running at a super smooth 60fps.

A game that could easily run on the Wii aside from being in HD, I sure hope it could run at 60fps. 

Here's an image of Super Mario Galaxy upscaled to 720p on the Dolphin Emulator.  If comparing to the Wii and not an upscaled image, resolution aside, Super Mario Galaxy looks a whole hell of a lot better than Super Mario 3D World. 

Mario 3D World, run on the Wii without the HD?

Dude, at least look at some good quality screens/footage before you spout such nonsense. The textures and shaders alone are clearly WAY out of the Wii's league.

Nsanity said:
zippy said:

Didn't this Mario sell less than the other Mario's?

Isnt the cliche only Nintendo games sell on Nintendo systems? thats what i was refering to. Third parties need to start doing a better job if they want better sales. I also was thinking more than just Mario...Pikmin 3, Nintendoland etc are all highly polished efforts.

ishiki said:
zippy said:

that's not always true. Skyward Sword has a gamebreaking bug that never was fixed, Pokemon had a gamebreaking bug they had to patch.
Pokemon has the battle analyzer hack, that ruins hurts online battles. But Pokemon isn't technically first party (gamefreaks 2nd party)... so maybe you're more right. :P

The Skyward sword glitch was patched, im not sure but thats the only Wii game i can think of that had to be patched?

zippy said:
ishiki said:
zippy said:

The Skyward sword glitch was patched, im not sure but thats the only Wii game i can think of that had to be patched?

Treyarch patched Black Ops 1 and Modern Warfare 3 on  Wii, IIRC.

But yeah, Nintendo's first party games are generally of an impeccable quality standard, especially when the industry as whole has sunk to releasing half-baked products that require day  1 patches just to be playable.

kupomogli said:
Euphoria14 said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKdpGD-F2UI

Bwahaha ! It is quite apperent that you haven´t played it youself.

3D World wipes the floor with Galaxy.