By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My Wii U died! UPDATED!!! Nintendo consoles DON'T die!

Fusioncode said:
_crazy_man_ said:
Hibern81 said:
_crazy_man_ said:
Nintendo tech support?

Or the store you bought it from?

Nintendo tech support...

Sounds odd, max I've heard people having to pay was $80.

That was probably to replace the controller. Repairing the console costs 175$. 

http://wiiudaily.com/2012/12/wii-u-console-costs-175-to-repair-gamepad-costs-85/

Odd.  Maybe they sent theirs in for different reasons?

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Around the Network

That sucks.

Oh boy, the withdrawal symptoms can be heavy. Stay strong brother.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

Thats quite rare and must be frustrating!!! I never had a Nintendo hardware fail on me but I can understand the pain... Hope you get can it fixed

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

What is exactly broken? $200 is ridiculous to pay for repair, so maybe you should ask to speak to a supervisor.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network

Check your consumer protection laws. In some countries, like mine, consumer protection laws require product to be repaired or replaced at no expense to the consumer "for the reasonably expected minimum lifetime" of the product. In the case of a console I'd say the reasonably expected minimum lifetime would be 3 years. So here if my console was just over a year old and it died without me doing something to break it our law would require replacement or repair without cost to me. This is why I never buy extended warranty because the law covers my ass and it doesn't cost me anything extra.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

RIP In Peace OP's Wii-U.

adriane23 said:
What is exactly broken? $200 is ridiculous to pay for repair, so maybe you should ask to speak to a supervisor.

Power issues. The console does nothing when plugged in. I'm calling back tomorrow.

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

I hope this helps you find out your warranty

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/lookup/repairs/warrantyLookup.do

binary solo said:
Check your consumer protection laws. In some countries, like mine, consumer protection laws require product to be repaired or replaced at no expense to the consumer "for the reasonably expected minimum lifetime" of the product. In the case of a console I'd say the reasonably expected minimum lifetime would be 3 years. So here if my console was just over a year old and it died without me doing something to break it our law would require replacement or repair without cost to me. This is why I never buy extended warranty because the law covers my ass and it doesn't cost me anything extra.

Where do you live?

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto