By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My Wii U died! UPDATED!!! Nintendo consoles DON'T die!

I will post for you man! That badge sure looks lonely...

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network
Hibern81 said:

UPDATE (again): All is well in the Mushroom Kingdom It was just a faulty ac adapter after all. Nintendo is sending me another one free of charge, and it should be here by Wednesday. As it turns out, Nintendo consoles are in fact, immortal.  Dying is just not in their repertoire. And for those wondering I went ahead with the impulse buy and got a Ps4 :-} Now if y'all will excuse me, I've got a new toy to set up.

Guess that's the advantage of having external power supplies, right?

Anfebious said:
I will post for you man! That badge sure looks lonely...

Thanks dude!

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

ChristianTheAtheist said:
Hibern81 said:

UPDATE (again): All is well in the Mushroom Kingdom It was just a faulty ac adapter after all. Nintendo is sending me another one free of charge, and it should be here by Wednesday. As it turns out, Nintendo consoles are in fact, immortal.  Dying is just not in their repertoire. And for those wondering I went ahead with the impulse buy and got a Ps4 :-} Now if y'all will excuse me, I've got a new toy to set up.

Guess that's the advantage of having external power supplies, right?D

Definitely! Just wish it was sold locally so I could have just went out and bought one.  Free is good too though.

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

Hibern81 said:
binary solo said:
Check your consumer protection laws. In some countries, like mine, consumer protection laws require product to be repaired or replaced at no expense to the consumer "for the reasonably expected minimum lifetime" of the product. In the case of a console I'd say the reasonably expected minimum lifetime would be 3 years. So here if my console was just over a year old and it died without me doing something to break it our law would require replacement or repair without cost to me. This is why I never buy extended warranty because the law covers my ass and it doesn't cost me anything extra.

Where do you live?

I live in Montréal and in my Province (Québec, Canada), the law is working the same way. Since this law is what we call in french ''d'ordre public''  it overules any contract  that would try to lower your protection or limit the legal warranty given by the law. You can also use this warranty directly at the shop you bought the defective product. I think we have one of the best consumer protection law in NA. 

Around the Network
Hibern81 said:
Just realized I was getting close to 100 replies and my one lonely badge needs a friend, soooo, yeahhhh, help me out peeps.

Gonna be funny when you realize the badge system was turned off months ago.

Badge system doesn't award badges anymore, or does it? I haven't gotten a badge in quite a while.