By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My Wii U died! UPDATED!!! Nintendo consoles DON'T die!

As somebody else indicated, did you use a credit card to purchase it? My Discover card automatically doubles all manufacturer warranties (adding up to a year), and you just have to go through them and they will resolve it for you.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Around the Network

Keep in mind, being a Nintendo console their repair transfers all your stuff to the new system, a new system has nothing attached to it (depending on what you have on your system).

Wow lol Nintendo Tech Support is just awesome

jigokutamago said:
I hope this helps you find out your warranty

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/lookup/repairs/warrantyLookup.do

Thank you very much! I just checked it and it said my warrant is still valid! I'm going to call back tomorrow and make a supervisor listen to the conversation that took place and demand justice!!! 

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

Baalzamon said:
As somebody else indicated, did you use a credit card to purchase it? My Discover card automatically doubles all manufacturer warranties (adding up to a year), and you just have to go through them and they will resolve it for you.

I used cash to preorder and then my card to pay it off. Does it still cover it like that?

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

Around the Network
Hibern81 said:
Baalzamon said:

I used cash to preorder and then my card to pay it off. Does it still cover it like that?

I would certainly contact your credit card company (they probably have an easy online chat) to find out. There is no guarantees, obviously, but it is definitely worth a try, as it would result in quite a bit of savings for you.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Make sure you speak with a manager this time and even if your warranty has ended (which I doubt because you registered the system online) you should raise some hell with the management and I am sure they will reduce the price of the repair (this works for most tech companies btw). Anyways good luck :D

Hibern81 said:

It happened right in the middle of me playing Super Mario 3d World.  The guy I spoke to at tech support was about the dumbest person alive, and to add insult to injury they are trying to charge me almost $200 to send it in for repair because the warranty ended 2 weeks ago.  I told him for that much I could almost buy a new one.  His words exactly were: "I don't recommend buying a new one because if that one breaks then you'll have two broken Wii U's.".....,FUCKING IDIOT!  Sorry for the rant. Just needed to get this off my chest.

Not to make light of your situation, but I am...

I think you're confusing died with committed suicide.

Hibern81 said:
Baalzamon said:

If it's a credit card, not a bank debit card it might.  Knowing a CC company, they'd likely need 100% of the purchase be made on the card, but idk. 

If it's a CC, call 'em, let them know you purchased the console on your card (don't offer the details unless they ask) and see where it leads.  I don't recommend you lie, because they likely can look-up the transaction (you'll likely need your receipt too), but they'll let you know if it applies or not.

Did you buy your Wii U when it first came out?

In that case, I have two reasons to feel bad for you.