By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My Wii U died! UPDATED!!! Nintendo consoles DON'T die!

snyps said:
sc94597 said:
Question, somewhat relevant: are the game-pads attached to Wii U consoles? If not, there are Wii U only consoles on eBay for like $100 without the game-pad. So if something like this happens and one is not covered by warranty, they could just buy a new console, assuming the game-pad isn't attached to the console, that is.

The gamepad isn't tied to onesystem but the digital downloads are.  But more to your point, it's good to know.  Makes me wonder if a person could get a pro controller and be set with out the pad.  

Hm, that is a good idea for people who don't see the value in the gamepad. Which games are gamepad dependent (if there are any?) 

Here is what I was referring to by the way:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-White-8GB-Wii-U-Console-Only-Brand-New-console-/251397076335?pt=Video_Games&hash=item3a886ef56f#shpCntId

and plenty more like it

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313&_nkw=wii+u+console+only+&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Around the Network
Hibern81 said:

UPDATE (again): All is well in the Mushroom Kingdom It was just a faulty ac adapter after all. Nintendo is sending me another one free of charge, and it should be here by Wednesday. As it turns out, Nintendo consoles are in fact, immortal.  Dying is just not in their repertoire. And for those wondering I went ahead with the impulse buy and got a Ps4 :-} Now if y'all will excuse me, I've got a new toy to set up.

Great news man, glad for ya.

But I have to balance things out a bit...my U console had a bad cpu that had to get replaced, and Ninty didn't bother transfering my save content (21+ games worth) but luckily had the warranty intact, and just had to redownload everything (after they unlinked my NNID from the old console).  Biggest headache I had dealing with consoles, and I've endured 2 RRODs with 360.  Sent my U in early Sept. and about a month later finally got things fixed.

sc94597 said:
snyps said:
sc94597 said:
Question, somewhat relevant: are the game-pads attached to Wii U consoles? If not, there are Wii U only consoles on eBay for like $100 without the game-pad. So if something like this happens and one is not covered by warranty, they could just buy a new console, assuming the game-pad isn't attached to the console, that is.

The gamepad isn't tied to onesystem but the digital downloads are.  But more to your point, it's good to know.  Makes me wonder if a person could get a pro controller and be set with out the pad.  

Hm, that is a good idea for people who don't see the value in the gamepad. Which games are gamepad dependent (if there are any?) 

Here is what I was referring to by the way:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-White-8GB-Wii-U-Console-Only-Brand-New-console-/251397076335?pt=Video_Games&hash=item3a886ef56f#shpCntId

and plenty more like it

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313&_nkw=wii+u+console+only+&_sacat=0&_from=R40

The only good games i know require a gamepad are Zombi U and Sonic Lost World.  Problem is i believe a gamepad is needed for initial setup..  But if a friend has one then problem solved... maybe.

This is why external power supplies are the best. People can mock them, but it's an easy part to replace if something goes wrong versus having to replace the entire console over a power issue.

I really wish my ac adapter would bring its ass already. It was prepared for shipment on Monday, and just barely left Redmond today. I'm starting to shake from Mario 3d World withdrawals. I just need a little fix. Just a taste.

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

Around the Network

My Wii U keep freezing and its a freaking Nightmare to download and install something.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

I agree Nintendo consoles are usually indestructible but i have personally been responsible for killing 2 wiis. I had a gc break down on me and unfortunately my n64 no longer works. : ( Guess i'm a bit too heavy handed!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Suke said:

My Wii U keep freezing and its a freaking Nightmare to download and install something.

That hasn't been an issue in about 10 months. Have you simply never updated the OS? I'm calling shenanigans on you.

superchunk said:
Suke said:

That hasn't been an issue in about 10 months. Have you simply never updated the OS? I'm calling shenanigans on you.

Yes, I did everything I could to update my Wii U, and somehow the Browser gotten even worst. I'm not bashing the Wii U, I'm just getting tire of the freezing and having to fear each time I download a software from the eshop. It took me 2 days just to download The Wonderful 101, error all day long. What a joke.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Just realized I was getting close to 100 replies and my one lonely badge needs a friend, soooo, yeahhhh, help me out peeps.

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto