By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what is your game of the year 2013?

which is the best?

gta v 36 14.40%

the last of us 108 43.20%

tomb raider(2013) 6 2.40%

bioshock infinite 9 3.60%

ac4 black flag 4 1.60%

fire emblem awakening 33 13.20%

tearaway 5 2.00%

dmc devil may cry 1 0.40%

others(next gen) 31 12.40%

others(current gen) 17 6.80%

Total:250

I don't know, didn't get very hyped for any games this year. I usually never get overhyped in the years before next gen consoles takes off, because I wait for the second year of a console when games that actually show that "this wasn't possible last gen". Or at least makes you feel like it.

But overall I found A Link Between Worlds to be the most fun game I played this year, so I voted (others next gen).

I really wanted Wii U's 3D Mario to be as cool as Galaxy when it was first revealed, that would make it GOTY for me, but in the controls department the game has been truly "casualised", like it has been accomodated to d-pad and the joystick is unneccesary. Sort of.

Yep.

Around the Network

from the list the only game that I played is gta v and I only play like 6 hours and stop playing is a really good game but so far from the games that I played from this year rayman legends ,pikmin 3 , gta v, between those in my opinion rayman legends specially the levels with music is awesome.

Xbox live: kyokusanagiii    Watching: Patlabor The Mobile Police (OAV 1)

I obviously need to play last of us, if only I never needed to sleep, argh!

persona 4 golden didn't like Last of Us the enemies is very dump & can be tricked easily thats what I dont like about the game.

Even though I haven't played all games that I want from 2013, I don't think anything can top The Last of Us for me, for a long time, nothing on the horizon that looks like it may top it. Maybe the new Uncharted...but I don't see it honestly.
I wish something would top it though, that would make me a happy gamer no doubt.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network

I played only a handful of new games this year - of the list only The Last of Us and Bioshock Infinite. Both are good games but I give the nod to TLOU.

Fire Emblem: Awakening. It was my first game in the series, and it was just so damn good. I had never played a SRPG, but I got really into Awakening. Awesome game.

Last of Us was good, but honestly it didn't leave me satisfied. The ending was cool, but I just wasn't...thrilled with it. Really, really good game, but something about it just didn't click with me.

I'm playing through GTAV and SM3DW at the moment. So far it's gotta be TLOU. Fantastic game.

Mario 3D World

Mensrea said:
Fire Emblem: Awakening. It was my first game in the series, and it was just so damn good. I had never played a SRPG, but I got really into Awakening. Awesome game.

Last of Us was good, but honestly it didn't leave me satisfied. The ending was cool, but I just wasn't...thrilled with it. Really, really good game, but something about it just didn't click with me.

Last of Us is something new which never been done before with emotional attachment and the experience like we are in that world ourself. You seem to live more RPG games which lets to spend and grind more time on the game to have fun instead of giving a experience in short time. So, i think you do like games like games that makes you to addict to the game for long time instead of providing a experience in short time.

No offence, just saying beacuse of your commnet about last of US. Last of us was a new thing which never happened before and is great. No other developer could do such a feat with a new IP.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.