By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what is your game of the year 2013?

which is the best?

gta v 36 14.40%

the last of us 108 43.20%

tomb raider(2013) 6 2.40%

bioshock infinite 9 3.60%

ac4 black flag 4 1.60%

fire emblem awakening 33 13.20%

tearaway 5 2.00%

dmc devil may cry 1 0.40%

others(next gen) 31 12.40%

others(current gen) 17 6.80%

Total:250

The Last of Us. Amazing game, superb history, incredible multiplayer. Can't stop playing it online, is simply that good. And all of the other big launches are from stabilished franchises. This one seems unique, new and refreshing.

S.Peelman said:
As it stands Luigi's Mansion 2.

However, I haven't beaten The Last of Us yet, only got through the intro, but I fully expect that game to beat it. Haven't gotten Mario 3D World yet, and A Link Between World isn't the winner sadly.

Try the MP after the campaign. I overlooked it at first thinking it wouldn't fit the game style. Then I gave it a shot and it uses all elements (crafting, stealth and so on) perfectly and brings the tension of the game to a online match perspective. It's stealling the attention of my other games since I started playing.

Around the Network

Lightning Returns. Runner-up Tales of Xillia 2.

Why are people saying Bioshock? It's essentially CoD with a slightly better story, visuals, and a good partner (Elizabeth)

Haven't played The Last of Us for more than 2 hours at a friends house, but from what I played it's definitely up there from what I experienced.

If it counts, my GOTY is Wind Waker HD. If not, it's Super Mario 3D World.

xJbownagex said:
Why are people saying Bioshock? It's essentially CoD with a slightly better story, visuals, and a good partner (Elizabeth)

Because the Vigours add a depth and coolness to combat that COD can only dream of.

Because its vibrant world is a joy to explore.

Because the story and visuals are a hell of lot more than "slightly" better than COD.

Because Elizabeth isn't just a good partner, she's the best AI character I've ever encountered, and not just in terms of usefulness. Never before had I cared for a game character so strongly.

The Last of Us
GTA V
Super Mario 3D World
Bioshock Infinite
FE: Awakening
TLoZ: A Link Between Worlds
Stanley Parable
Gone Home
Device 6
Didn't play Teraway yet :P

This was a great year!

Around the Network

Mmmm...I'm divided between The Last of Us, Metro: Last Light and Fire Emblem (Haven't played a Link Between Worlds).

Indie games, I guess you could say State of Decay, Battleblock THeater or Rain.

S.Peelman said:

However, I haven't beaten The Last of Us yet, only got through the intro, but I fully expect that game to beat it. Haven't gotten Mario 3D World yet, and A Link Between World isn't the winner sadly.

:O how does one just not get adicted to beating the last of us once you are introduced to the characters :O

i started playing that game and couldent stop untill i beat it. 24 hours later no sleep and it was worth it , i lived to tell this tail.

curl-6 said:
xJbownagex said:

Because the Vigours add a depth and coolness to combat that COD can only dream of.

Because its vibrant world is a joy to explore.

Because the story and visuals are a hell of lot more than "slightly" better than COD.

Because Elizabeth isn't just a good partner, she's the best AI character I've ever encountered, and not just in terms of usefulness. Never before had I cared for a game character so strongly.

I disagree, but I respect your reasoning. Had they made it more like the first Bioshock, it would probably be my GOTY.

Eador: Masters of the Broken World, coolest RPG/Strategy hybrid I've played in almost a decade.

theleaguegame said:
S.Peelman said:

:O how does one just not get adicted to beating the last of us once you are introduced to the characters :O

i started playing that game and couldent stop untill i beat it. 24 hours later no sleep and it was worth it , i lived to tell this tail.

Heh. I started The Last of Us shorty after it was released, but decided I'd finish some other PS3 games first so I wouldn't skip them in favor of TLoU.

I knew I would get hooked, because holy sh*t that intro, so I thought it best to beat Uncharted 3 (which also took me way too long I know) and God of War Ascension first else I'd forget about those. So quickly after I beat U3, which was awesome of course, I continued with GoW. That dragged on and on because frankly, the game sucks. Which is a shame, because I thought GoW3 was very good. I'm now at a point where I don't deem the game worthy enough anymore to beat so I can continue TLoU, but now there's Wind Waker HD, A Link Between Worlds (which are both nearing completion) and the time-sink that is Rome II: Total War all of a sudden.

Rest assured though, I'll pick up The Last of Us again very soon .