By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS has 11mil+ Sold For 2013! Does Anybody Here Doubt It Cant Do 15mil+ By Years End? O.o

What Do you think 3DS will Be around By Years End?

Just Barely Up YoY (14.5mil) 59 19.87%

15mil 60 20.20%

15.5mil 33 11.11%

16mil 54 18.18%

16.5mil 22 7.41%

17mil 21 7.07%

17.5mil 7 2.36%

18mil+ 41 13.80%

Total:297
KingdomHeartsFan said:
Lawlight said:
0 chance. It needs to sell 700,00 each week post-Black Friday for that to happen.

Have you seen the front page recently?

Dont be silly. He does not let silly things like facts get in the way of his anti nintendo agenda.

Around the Network
bubblegamer said:
No chance!

No chance? Care to explain your 100% theory?

The weeks before Christmas will be even higher, because that's when Europe will also start their spending. Next week is obviously lower than this incredible week was, maybe 800k. After that over a million again, then at least 1.5m, then 700k again and the last week after Christmas around New Year will be a drop-off naturally to something like 500k.

So at least I expect it to sell another 4.5m. I'm hoping those Christmas weeks will ramp up towards the 2m though. So any way it should reach 16m, but I'm optimistic and vote 17m in the poll .

tbone51 said:
bubblegamer said:
No chance!

Don't be silly. Its nintendo so they will fail. That seems to be the logic certain people go with on here.

acdcste said:
tbone51 said:
bubblegamer said:
No chance!

Don't be silly. Its nintendo so they will fail. That seems to be the logic certain people go with on here.

Do you have any bets? i have 4 currently so i cant do anymore but you should bet him if helets you! Easy win

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
acdcste said:
tbone51 said:
bubblegamer said:
No chance!

Do you have any bets? i have 4 currently so i cant do anymore but you should bet him if helets you! Easy win

Bets? I dont even have a sig haha. I just dont see how anybody thinks it will average less than 700k per week when we already know the two weeks before xmas will be no less than 1m weeks, based on last year when the 3ds did not have 2ds, pokemon and zelda.

edit. Plus i also forgot this is animal crossing, luigi's mansion first xmas as well. You only havevto look at bf luigi sales to see its going to sell.

Lawlight said:
DanneSandin said:
Lawlight said:
benji232 said:
Lawlight said:
0 chance. It needs to sell 700,00 each week post-Black Friday for that to happen.

Wanna bet on that one with me? You seem so convinced that it has absolutely no chance to achieve 15M+ in sales for 2013 so you have nothing to lose! 3months sig control.

Yeah, sure. But we'll have to use official Nintendo numbers in January.

Don't forget you have a bet with me as well. Although, we never specified the deal of it.

Can you remind me what we bet? I have so many bets going on. I hope when people lose they will graciously come to me and admit to losing.

It's in here somewhere: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=171706&page=1# around post #70

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

acdcste said:
tbone51 said:
acdcste said:
tbone51 said:
bubblegamer said:
No chance!

Bets? I dont even have a sig haha. I just dont see how anybody thinks it will average less than 700k per week when we already know the two weeks before xmas will be no less than 1m weeks, based on last year when the 3ds did not have 2ds, pokemon and zelda.

edit. Plus i also forgot this is animal crossing, luigi's mansion first xmas as well. You only havevto look at bf luigi sales to see its going to sell.

Only japan down YoY but with PDZ releasing, i bet its last 4 weeks do very well! At least 1mil more in japan for the remainder of the year!

15.5 imo.

the_dengle said:
Only 900k weekly average, tbone? I think it will average over a million weekly. All of its Holiday sales are crammed into 5 weeks.

Last year, Black Friday was the 3DS's third-highest week of hardware sales, with the two weeks of and before Christmas exceeding it. If that's the case again this year, we can expect to see two of the next four weeks have over 700k in NA alone.

For Europe, Black Friday didn't cause a 'peak' at all last year. The 3DS increased in hardware sales for 4 consecutive weeks after Black Friday, dropping the week of Christmas. The story is similar in Japan, and I know you're aware of what kind of December we can expect from the 3DS in Japan.

So even if the 3DS was overtracked by 100k-200k in NA and Europe for Black Friday, I think we'll see over 4 million 3DS sales the next 4 weeks. If it was overtracked by 400k like SOME PEOPLE seem to think, yeah maybe it'll only average 300k weekly or whatever.

It's not the same this year though. 3DS performed very poorly last year so it had no where to go but up really. I do think it might get a 1 million/week streak the whole of December.