By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS has 11mil+ Sold For 2013! Does Anybody Here Doubt It Cant Do 15mil+ By Years End? O.o

What Do you think 3DS will Be around By Years End?

Just Barely Up YoY (14.5mil) 59 19.87%

15mil 60 20.20%

15.5mil 33 11.11%

16mil 54 18.18%

16.5mil 22 7.41%

17mil 21 7.07%

17.5mil 7 2.36%

18mil+ 41 13.80%

Total:297
Lawlight said:
0 chance. It needs to sell 700,00 each week post-Black Friday for that to happen.

Wanna bet on that one with me? You seem so convinced that it has absolutely no chance to achieve 15M+ in sales for 2013 so you have nothing to lose! 3months sig control.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

Around the Network

My prediction all year has been 16-18m and im sticking with it

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

tbone51 said:
the_dengle said:
Only 900k weekly average, tbone? I think it will average over a million weekly. All of its Holiday sales are crammed into 5 weeks.

Last year, Black Friday was the 3DS's third-highest week of hardware sales, with the two weeks of and before Christmas exceeding it. If that's the case again this year, we can expect to see two of the next four weeks have over 700k in NA alone.

For Europe, Black Friday didn't cause a 'peak' at all last year. The 3DS increased in hardware sales for 4 consecutive weeks after Black Friday, dropping the week of Christmas. The story is similar in Japan, and I know you're aware of what kind of December we can expect from the 3DS in Japan.

So even if the 3DS was overtracked by 100k-200k in NA and Europe for Black Friday, I think we'll see over 4 million 3DS sales the next 4 weeks. If it was overtracked by 400k like SOME PEOPLE seem to think, yeah maybe it'll only average 300k weekly or whatever.

there are 5 weeks left! Week of Dec 30th - Jan 5th is the final week of 2013! Also i put in the op 11mil just so there aren't any surprises for us (overtracked)!

An avg of 800k will put it at 15mil at least!  1mil at 16mil at least! (both assuming overtracked lol)

Ehh? Wouldn't a week ending Jan 5th count as the first week of 2014 instead?

Lawlight said:
0 chance. It needs to sell 700,00 each week post-Black Friday for that to happen.

He lives! Where ya been for the last couple weeks? You were needed in the MH4 thread to supply shipment data.

benji232 said:
Lawlight said:

Wanna bet on that one with me? You seem so convinced that it has absolutely no chance to achieve 15M+ in sales for 2013 so you have nothing to lose! 3months sig control.

Yeah, sure. But we'll have to use official Nintendo numbers in January.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
benji232 said:
Lawlight said:

Yeah, sure. But we'll have to use official Nintendo numbers in January.

Ah, you're using shipped numbers, not sold? Very different and I am pretty sure this thread is about sold numbers and not shipped. There was obviously still a lot of 3DS's on store shelves from december 2012 to january 2013 meaning that they probably shipped a bit less then they sold. But I would be willing to take the original bet (how much it sold, not how much it shipped). 

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

inb4 lawlight

ohwait

Lawlight said:

Have you seen the front page recently?

Lawlight said:

1. Welcome Back

2. Its going to do over 700k every week for the rest of the year maybe beside next week

the_dengle said:
tbone51 said:
the_dengle said:
Only 900k weekly average, tbone? I think it will average over a million weekly. All of its Holiday sales are crammed into 5 weeks.

Last year, Black Friday was the 3DS's third-highest week of hardware sales, with the two weeks of and before Christmas exceeding it. If that's the case again this year, we can expect to see two of the next four weeks have over 700k in NA alone.

For Europe, Black Friday didn't cause a 'peak' at all last year. The 3DS increased in hardware sales for 4 consecutive weeks after Black Friday, dropping the week of Christmas. The story is similar in Japan, and I know you're aware of what kind of December we can expect from the 3DS in Japan.

So even if the 3DS was overtracked by 100k-200k in NA and Europe for Black Friday, I think we'll see over 4 million 3DS sales the next 4 weeks. If it was overtracked by 400k like SOME PEOPLE seem to think, yeah maybe it'll only average 300k weekly or whatever.

there are 5 weeks left! Week of Dec 30th - Jan 5th is the final week of 2013! Also i put in the op 11mil just so there aren't any surprises for us (overtracked)!

An avg of 800k will put it at 15mil at least!  1mil at 16mil at least! (both assuming overtracked lol)

Ehh? Wouldn't a week ending Jan 5th count as the first week of 2014 instead?

No, i dont think so, cuz if yoy look at data it shows that last year ended on Jan 4th!