By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS has 11mil+ Sold For 2013! Does Anybody Here Doubt It Cant Do 15mil+ By Years End? O.o

What Do you think 3DS will Be around By Years End?

Just Barely Up YoY (14.5mil) 59 19.87%

15mil 60 20.20%

15.5mil 33 11.11%

16mil 54 18.18%

16.5mil 22 7.41%

17mil 21 7.07%

17.5mil 7 2.36%

18mil+ 41 13.80%

Total:297

I made a thread earlier with a poll (I don't want this thread locked btw :P), adn interestingly it skewed at over 16m and up to 20m+ for some. It won't do that, I thought it would get close to 17-18m, but 16m seems the the most unlikey baring no adjustments in its numbers.

Around the Network

Next weeks numbers: 800k + 1000k + 1350k + 1050k + 700k.
16 million is not out of question.

Fanatismo não leva a nada, apenas a colecionar antipatias.

Collection: Telejogo Ford-Philco, Dactar, TV Game 2600, Master System (2x), Master System Portable, NES, Dynavision 3, Mega Drive 3 (2x - Tectoy and Show Do Milhao Edition), Genesis 3, Genesis Arcade Motion, MD Play, SNES (2x), Super Famicom, Neo Geo CD, 3DO, Saturn, Playstation, Nintendo 64 (2x), Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Game Cube, Xbox, Zeebo, Playstation 3, Xbox 360 (Kinect Bundle), Wii (2x - White and Red), Game Boy Pocket, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, DS Lite, 3DS, Vita, Wii U, Playstation 4 and Xbox One. Around 800 games. Preferred Generation: 16 bits. 

I see it do 2 .1 million one of the following weeks

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

what games are they coming out with from now till christmas the only reason it jumped 2 mil in a month was because of games.. i dont see them going above 13mil.

kirby007 said:

Thats so crazy if it does 2.1mil for the biggest week! Its not impossible but still O.o

If its true i can see 3DS other weeks being massive and sell around 18mil for the year!

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
kirby007 said:

Thats so crazy if it does 2.1mil for the biggest week! Its not impossible but still O.o

If its true i can see 3DS other weeks being massive and sell around 18mil for the year!

keep an eye out for the week ending the 20th

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kopstudent89 said:

It's not the same this year though. 3DS performed very poorly last year so it had no where to go but up really. I do think it might get a 1 million/week streak the whole of December.

I disagree. The 3DS had nothing driving its sales last December, and Black Friday came a week earlier, which should theoretically result in a greater chance for a "cooling off" period before the Holiday really kicks into gear. Zelda alone is a bigger Holiday release than Paper Mario was, and in Japan the 3DS has a big lineup for December, which should result in great hardware sales for the month.

It's possible that the 3DS will decline globally next week, but by how much? It's also possible that it's overtracked, but again, by how much?

I think it's pretty clear that the answer to both of those questions is "not enough." Not enough to prevent the console from averaging 1 million per week for the next four weeks.

And if it is NOT overtracked, or does NOT decline? We're going to have a good laugh at those saying 15-16 mil was unpossible.

Lets just say its gonna end the year with a masisve bang

I hope it goes above 1.5m+ for 2 weeks. That would be insane. Long shot but insane.

the_dengle said:
kopstudent89 said:

It's not the same this year though. 3DS performed very poorly last year so it had no where to go but up really. I do think it might get a 1 million/week streak the whole of December.

I disagree. The 3DS had nothing driving its sales last December, and Black Friday came a week earlier, which should theoretically result in a greater chance for a "cooling off" period before the Holiday really kicks into gear. Zelda alone is a bigger Holiday release than Paper Mario was, and in Japan the 3DS has a big lineup for December, which should result in great hardware sales for the month.

It's possible that the 3DS will decline globally next week, but by how much? It's also possible that it's overtracked, but again, by how much?

I think it's pretty clear that the answer to both of those questions is "not enough." Not enough to prevent the console from averaging 1 million per week for the next four weeks.

And if it is NOT overtracked, or does NOT decline? We're going to have a good laugh at those saying 15-16 mil was unpossible.

Thing is I still think it's overtracked in Europe even though they adjusted it upwards which was strange.