By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS has 11mil+ Sold For 2013! Does Anybody Here Doubt It Cant Do 15mil+ By Years End? O.o

What Do you think 3DS will Be around By Years End?

Just Barely Up YoY (14.5mil) 59 19.87%

15mil 60 20.20%

15.5mil 33 11.11%

16mil 54 18.18%

16.5mil 22 7.41%

17mil 21 7.07%

17.5mil 7 2.36%

18mil+ 41 13.80%

Total:297

Well Here on VGChartz we have the Total Sales of 3DS at between 11.8mil - 11.9mil. I'll be an A$$**** and put it at 11mil as of Nov 30th saying its Overtracked in NoA+Europe by around 800k-900k lol!

That said there were some (just a few actually) that didn't and still doesn't think 3DS will be up YoY. 2012 sales are 14.46mil. So even if overtracked 3DS needs an avg of 700k weekly WW in the next 5 weeks to pass it.

There is Also the fact for anybody following Japan sales a game called Puzzles and Dragon Z is being released on Dec 12th and will factor in the last 4 remaining weeks of 2013. Also 1 week of LoZ there!

My Question to you is how much at this point and time how can the 3DS sell up to by years end (Total Sales of 2013), even if overtracked? 

All I know is 3DS this year  >>> 2012 outside Japan!!!

I think it'll do another 4.5mil (yes a 900k weekly avg) which totals up between 15.5mil -16.5mil in 2013! Your thoughts?

Around the Network

it needs to sell 1mil every week of dec, I don`t know. Maybe 14mil

Click HERE and be happy 

EricFabian said:
it needs to sell 1mil every week of dec, I don`t know. Maybe 14mil

Ummmmm..... Not sure if serious??? Its at 11.8mil here and like i said even if overtracked and its 11mil there are 5 weeks left of the year.

For 14mil it needs 600k Weekly Avg. There is no way in the hell this is happening. If it sold 1mil per week on avg it would put it at 16mil - 17mil by years end!

Only 900k weekly average, tbone? I think it will average over a million weekly. All of its Holiday sales are crammed into 5 weeks.

Last year, Black Friday was the 3DS's third-highest week of hardware sales, with the two weeks of and before Christmas exceeding it. If that's the case again this year, we can expect to see two of the next four weeks have over 700k in NA alone.

For Europe, Black Friday didn't cause a 'peak' at all last year. The 3DS increased in hardware sales for 4 consecutive weeks after Black Friday, dropping the week of Christmas. The story is similar in Japan, and I know you're aware of what kind of December we can expect from the 3DS in Japan.

So even if the 3DS was overtracked by 100k-200k in NA and Europe for Black Friday, I think we'll see over 4 million 3DS sales the next 4 weeks. If it was overtracked by 400k like SOME PEOPLE seem to think, yeah maybe it'll only average 300k weekly or whatever.

i doubted tbone for his insane 15 million prediction! i wanna eat a crow!

Around the Network
aikohualda said:

it'll be 15mil at LEAST. If it can do 1mil per week avg it'll have 16mil+!

Dunno man, i'm not used to it, i will go with 15.5. Remember they need 18m fy to hit sales projection of iwata, and problably 25 m to fill the gap that wiiu will leave to hit the 100billion yen profit that iwata want to meet. Lucky 3DS got a decent advertise campaing.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

the_dengle said:
Only 900k weekly average, tbone? I think it will average over a million weekly. All of its Holiday sales are crammed into 5 weeks.

Last year, Black Friday was the 3DS's third-highest week of hardware sales, with the two weeks of and before Christmas exceeding it. If that's the case again this year, we can expect to see two of the next four weeks have over 700k in NA alone.

For Europe, Black Friday didn't cause a 'peak' at all last year. The 3DS increased in hardware sales for 4 consecutive weeks after Black Friday, dropping the week of Christmas. The story is similar in Japan, and I know you're aware of what kind of December we can expect from the 3DS in Japan.

So even if the 3DS was overtracked by 100k-200k in NA and Europe for Black Friday, I think we'll see over 4 million 3DS sales the next 4 weeks. If it was overtracked by 400k like SOME PEOPLE seem to think, yeah maybe it'll only average 300k weekly or whatever.

there are 5 weeks left! Week of Dec 30th - Jan 5th is the final week of 2013! Also i put in the op 11mil just so there aren't any surprises for us (overtracked)!

An avg of 800k will put it at 15mil at least!  1mil at 16mil at least! (both assuming overtracked lol)

tbone51 said:
aikohualda said:

it'll be 15mil at LEAST. If it can do 1mil per week avg it'll have 16mil+!

i was mocking you when you said 3ds will seel 15 million early this year

0 chance. It needs to sell 700,00 each week post-Black Friday for that to happen.