By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Where did all these Microsoft fans come from?

Where we're MS fans for the last 3 years

Non-existant, XBO made new fans 12 4.55%

Hibernating, XBO made fans crazy again 20 7.58%

Hibernating, 360 was dead, so fans were away 40 15.15%

Busy, playing Kinect 17 6.44%

Busy, playing PS3 24 9.09%

Busy, playing Wii/WiiU 9 3.41%

Always there, just waiting for XBO 39 14.77%

From Microsoft Land (it's real!) 18 6.82%

Paid to advertise? 52 19.70%

I DON'T KNOW? 33 12.50%

Total:264

Well, I did not start to post until quite recently, mainly because I didn't prioritized VGChartz. But this new generation has got me excited for X1 and MS in general, they are really trying to reshape the console landscape in a fundamental way and I want to show my support for that.

Around the Network

Excuse me?

A new launch is like a fresh start. Do not accuse Xbox fans of not defending their console when its kinda hard considering Sony fans outnumber them by a sizable ratio......online.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

what microsoft fans?

Michael-5 said:

Carl2291 said:

Expect numbers to steadily grow for a year or so until things become less interesting. Peaking with Halo 5 release and slowly stagnating again for the next 4/5 Years.

Do you really think Halo will be as big as it used to be? Halo 4 knocked a lot of fans of the hype train (I was one of them), and 343 yet yet to prove that they can make a proper Halo (Halo 4 was the lowest rated Halo outside of the remake at 87%. The Remake, also 343, got an 82% on Metacritic)

I don't see much of a plot for Halo anymore, it's dragging on. It's not like Final Fantasy which is a different cast everyt time.

Now I take offense to that. As I am part of the lore fans, not the multiplayer bros fan group. The meta suffered because they rushed the MP, NOT the campaign

Halo 4 was by far at its best with the campaign story. It is the most emotional Halo story for one, which actually explores the relationship between Master Chief and Cortana. Master Chief finally gets back his sense of humanity with Cortanas death. The Forerunners are back from hiding, the political structure with all former Covenant races is in disarray, human rebellion in the colonies is resurging, and there is the inevitable return of the flood/precursors (all previous flood in games were "outbreaks" and not the actual impending invasion. Halo 4 ties in with the Forerunner trilogy novels and graphic novels.

You are either a MP fan of Halo, in which case you are excused. Otherwise, I hereby classify you as the many "fickle" fans who sorta like Halo but didn't actually get invested in it. Shame

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

All my time went to the Gamepro forums back then.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
Michael-5 said:

Carl2291 said:

Expect numbers to steadily grow for a year or so until things become less interesting. Peaking with Halo 5 release and slowly stagnating again for the next 4/5 Years.

Do you really think Halo will be as big as it used to be? Halo 4 knocked a lot of fans of the hype train (I was one of them), and 343 yet yet to prove that they can make a proper Halo (Halo 4 was the lowest rated Halo outside of the remake at 87%. The Remake, also 343, got an 82% on Metacritic)

I don't see much of a plot for Halo anymore, it's dragging on. It's not like Final Fantasy which is a different cast everyt time.

Now I take offense to that. As I am part of the lore fans, not the multiplayer bros fan group. The meta suffered because they rushed the MP, NOT the campaign

Halo 4 was by far at its best with the campaign story. It is the most emotional Halo story for one, which actually explores the relationship between Master Chief and Cortana. Master Chief finally gets back his sense of humanity with Cortanas death. The Forerunners are back from hiding, the political structure with all former Covenant races is in disarray, human rebellion in the colonies is resurging, and there is the inevitable return of the flood/precursors (all previous flood in games were "outbreaks" and not the actual impending invasion. Halo 4 ties in with the Forerunner trilogy novels and graphic novels.

You are either a MP fan of Halo, in which case you are excused. Otherwise, I hereby classify you as the many "fickle" fans who sorta like Halo but didn't actually get invested in it. Shame

I disagree, the game score suffered because of boring enemy types and weapons in the game. Literally the most commin enemy in the game is a dog, and all the for-runner weapons are clones of covanent/human weapons.

Halo 4 felt like a kids game with that villain. Back during Halo 1-3 Master Cheift was only a solder, the last of the elites, leading a desparate battle against the flood/covanent. Halo 4 feels like some lame villain, who was never even mentioned in Halo 1-3, has become some odd super threat.

Covanent classes were always in disarray, an Elite is a playable character in Halo 2 . Cortana became very emotional in Halo 4, they made her almost human, which was just really annoying.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

I spend my time here to talk about the business side of console gaming. The last 2 years honestly were really stagnant in that regard nothing really changed. Wii died, Xbox 360 and PS3 really stayed the same for the most part. So nothing really to talk about. Now that the next generation is upon us we can talk about that stuff again. Much more interesting again.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Michael-5 said:
sales2099 said:

I disagree, the game score suffered because of boring enemy types and weapons in the game. Literally the most commin enemy in the game is a dog, and all the for-runner weapons are clones of covanent/human weapons.

Halo 4 felt like a kids game with that villain. Back during Halo 1-3 Master Cheift was only a solder, the last of the elites, leading a desparate battle against the flood/covanent. Halo 4 feels like some lame villain, who was never even mentioned in Halo 1-3, has become some odd super threat.

Covanent classes were always in disarray, an Elite is a playable character in Halo 2 . Cortana became very emotional in Halo 4, they made her almost human, which was just really annoying.

The Didact was mentioned in Halo 3, and in novels that predated Halo 4. You'd know this if you actually invested in the story. The Foreunner weapons were similar to Covenant/Human weapons but still offered strategic differences all the same. It is also because the Covenant have modelled their weapons/ships after Foreunner bluprints/relics, and the Humans were implanted with a "geas" from the Librarian 100 000 years ago to subtely progress the way they have been technologically speaking. So it goes beyond coincidental similarities, the lore explains why. You'd also know this too. I did agree that the enemy types weren't more varied. but then again so was the origional Halo, and that game turned out all right :)

The MP had left out modes present in Reach. That is why the score suffered....it is pretty universal that the MP brought it down.

I can't speak for you thinking the Didact was like a kids game villian. That is just perspective that depends on your personal level of outlook and bias. He came across as bitter and had the righteous purpose that the novels set him up as. During Halo 1-3 Master Chief was NOT the last spartan. There were others in the lore at the same time....even during Halo 4 there are still a few Spartan IIs still alive.

Do you always expect the humans to be fighting a losing battle? Because the point of the lore is for Humans to ascend and take "the mantle", and essentially be the caretakers of all living life in the galaxy liek the Forerunners were before them. They can't do this if they are always near-extinction. The story must move forward. Humans have some breathing room, but still have a ways to go......that is where the Didact steps in. He was the Foreunner military commander that doesn't think humans deserve the mantle. He has a personal vendetta against them, he has more then sufficient motivation and power to be the new villian, to prevent humanity from attaining the mantle and try to make them extinct too. You'd know this if you kept up with the lore.

SInce the Covenant broke up, each race essentially fends for themselves and there is no locked alliances between any race anymore. This is not the same as how they were Halo 1-3. Your dismissal of Cortana seals it that you are just another fickle Halo fan. It even explains that her rampancy is what makes her more emotional/human rather then a AI in function. It's her unrestrained emotion that teaches Master Cheif his own humanity, rather then just being a pure soldier following orders without question.

Im sorry, im done here, but just wanted to say your opinion is wrong in that it is ill informed :P

Michael-5 said:

Sony's okay, but not good, I read the original fat PS3's have between a 10-22% fail rate, which is decently high. I owned a PS ever since the PS1, and every system has broken on me once. However to be fair, a typical 360 lasts me 1-2 years. A Typical playstation lasts me 4-8 years. A typical Nintendo is forever (still yet to break one). Wright is right, if you really cared about reliability, Nintendo would always be your first choice.

I went from PS to XB last gen because I was sick on my PS's breaking on me.....boy did I mess up....

Next gen, I'm getting a WiiU first, and then a PS4 when a Slim model releases, and then an XBO when they announce 9th gen consoles. My PC can play XBO games, and I don't see too many exclusives releasing for the XBO and not the PC. Very excited for Titanfall.

I've had hardware failures with the Wii (more so than the PS3 or 360, oddly enough) and SNES. The NES is known for the 72-pin fault. The only one that didn't have a unanimous hardware fault was the N64, and that's most likely because it didn't have any moving parts whatsoever.

But hey, I guess a system needs to spell out the specific error for you on a silver platter before it's deemed unreliable. *shrugs*

I think that Microsoft fans kinda went quiet when PS3 started dominating them in sales and exclusives; now that it's a new gen and a new opportunity to come out on top, so the fanatics come out of the woodwork.

Don't want to point fingers, but Xbox Fans got pretty hardcore when the Xbox 360 launched, and remained bad till about 2008 or 2009 when the PS3 started to really be a threat. MAybe there's an issue with them being a little too confident? Either way, new generation, new opportunities to belittle the competition. That's my theory. Will remain that way till the 'winner' of the gen is decided upon.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android