By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Where did all these Microsoft fans come from?

Where we're MS fans for the last 3 years

Non-existant, XBO made new fans 12 4.55%

Hibernating, XBO made fans crazy again 20 7.58%

Hibernating, 360 was dead, so fans were away 40 15.15%

Busy, playing Kinect 17 6.44%

Busy, playing PS3 24 9.09%

Busy, playing Wii/WiiU 9 3.41%

Always there, just waiting for XBO 39 14.77%

From Microsoft Land (it's real!) 18 6.82%

Paid to advertise? 52 19.70%

I DON'T KNOW? 33 12.50%

Total:264

Carl2291 said:

Expect numbers to steadily grow for a year or so until things become less interesting. Peaking with Halo 5 release and slowly stagnating again for the next 4/5 Years.

Do you really think Halo will be as big as it used to be? Halo 4 knocked a lot of fans of the hype train (I was one of them), and 343 yet yet to prove that they can make a proper Halo (Halo 4 was the lowest rated Halo outside of the remake at 87%. The Remake, also 343, got an 82% on Metacritic)

I don't see much of a plot for Halo anymore, it's dragging on. It's not like Final Fantasy which is a different cast everyt time.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

Been a xbox fan for while, been here since last year, never posted that much because I don't find most of the topics that interesting.

Just joined VGCharts.

The CLOUD brought my homies together

So I think the conclusion here is, the XB 360 made new X-Box fans, and these X-Box fans took a few years before they joined forums and fully nerded out.

It's just a coincidence that this "time to mature" happened to coincide with the XBO release. Plus maybe the XBO release made them more vocal.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

Known about VGCartz since 2010, but I never knew there was a forum till E3. I lurked around for a couple of months, then finally decided to make an account. Xbox fan all the way.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

Michael-5 said:

Carl2291 said:

Expect numbers to steadily grow for a year or so until things become less interesting. Peaking with Halo 5 release and slowly stagnating again for the next 4/5 Years.

Do you really think Halo will be as big as it used to be? Halo 4 knocked a lot of fans of the hype train (I was one of them), and 343 yet yet to prove that they can make a proper Halo (Halo 4 was the lowest rated Halo outside of the remake at 87%. The Remake, also 343, got an 82% on Metacritic)

I don't see much of a plot for Halo anymore, it's dragging on. It's not like Final Fantasy which is a different cast everyt time.

I feel like Halo 3: ODST was the lowest rated Halo game and to me it should be as in my eyes it was the worst of the series.

Welfare said:
Known about VGCartz since 2010, but I never knew there was a forum till E3. I lurked around for a couple of months, then finally decided to make an account. Xbox fan all the way.

good for you, but why so long a lurker ?

Muffin31190 said:
Welfare said:

good for you, but why so long a lurker ?

With the XOne getting laughed at by members here, and already spending some time posting on other websites, I didn't feel like I had much to discuss on this site. I decided to join now because I believe members have tonned down with the ridicule of the XOne, and more topics are being brought up that I would like to post on.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

The gates of Hell, like all the other demons.