By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Where did all these Microsoft fans come from?

Where we're MS fans for the last 3 years

Non-existant, XBO made new fans 12 4.55%

Hibernating, XBO made fans crazy again 20 7.58%

Hibernating, 360 was dead, so fans were away 40 15.15%

Busy, playing Kinect 17 6.44%

Busy, playing PS3 24 9.09%

Busy, playing Wii/WiiU 9 3.41%

Always there, just waiting for XBO 39 14.77%

From Microsoft Land (it's real!) 18 6.82%

Paid to advertise? 52 19.70%

I DON'T KNOW? 33 12.50%

Total:264
Wright said:
Panicnausia said:
Too_Talls said:

the times inbetween getting the systems was pretty significant. and I only got 2 from retail. thee other 2 were obtained on sweet deals.

Still makes zero sense to me but it's your life I guess.  I would never re-purchase a bad product like that ..ever.

I guess the only videogame hardware you buy is Nintendo's, then.

Fell for the bait

Around the Network

I didn't join VGC until this year.

Also, I spent time on the SEGA forums for a while first (joined there shortly after Sonic Generations was announced).

Also, I was too busy playing games on my 360 to care about people who were complaining that there weren't any games on the 360.

Slade6alpha said:

Damn! I always thought you were one of those 2008? 2007? members, like Pie, Rol, and Kowen. You make my February 2013 start look horrible :(

Damn, do I really seem that old already?! I thought I was still hip and cool?

They came from their mommas.

I don't think xbox really inspires the same kind of platform loyalty as the other platforms. It seems like most xbox fans are multi console owners. I would consider myself an xbox fan, but I'm also a playstation fan and a nintendo fan.

It could be a regional bias I suppose, since xbox is most dominant in America where people probably have more money to throw around. Maybe it makes American's less passionate about their products?

Whatever the reason, it seems like people are more likely to latch onto playstation or nintendo systems exclusively.

Around the Network
Wright said:
Panicnausia said:
Wright said:

Maybe, you know, he likes the console? Because I'm wondering if you're going to purchase an Xbox One, since it doesn't seem to have dat failure rate.

I usually end up with several consoels so eventually I prob will get an x1, but not for awhile.

What about WiiU? Will you show it some love? It's lacking it...

I try to show my wii u some love... but it just lays there...

I am sure their opinions will be silenced soon enough. once a PS fan who has mod protection attacks them and they say the slightest thing back and get banned for it.

I switched from PS2 to Xbox 360 and never looked back.
Everything about 360 back in 2006-07 was way different than what the two other Japanese companies were offering.
Plus the controller itself was oooh... makes wanna slap yo mamma.
During the years of "drought" (last 3 years?), I've been giving mad attention to Arcade Games.
Oh, I used to watch European Soccer leagues on ESPN app religiously.

Wright said:

I joined VGC in 2013, that's why.

But I'm an Xbox fan, not a Microsoft fan!

Why don't you like Miscrosoft, but you like X-Box? I have a Windows phone, and to be honest I think it's pretty decent (not as good as Android, but cheap and being Nokia, super reliable). Windows OS also is the only way you can play PC games.

Too_Talls said:
d21lewis said:

Don't get me wrong.  When a company fucks up, I don't just overlook it.  All three have their flaws.  You may see me bash the 360 and maybe even the Xbox one but I do it out of love.

I have owned 4 360's over the corse of this out going generation.

360 elite: rrod

360 core: e7 (one red light, still dead)

360 arcade: still have that, the disc tray is jamed and thats why I fell in love with digital content.

360 slim: no problems, I just got it for getting it sake. 

360 was my primary console last gen, but it's more so because I wanted something different, because I thought the 360 would be more reeliable then the PS3 (haha), and because Gears of War won me over.

However unlike you, after 3 broken consoles (on my 4th now, and it's starting to freeze often), I can't overlook it. What makes it worse is MS customer support has treated me like shit. I'm a huge racing game fan, and 360 has a lot of racing exclusives (3 Forza's + Horizon, + 2 PGR games, and Race Pro). So in the early days of 360 I bought 2 racing wheels for my 360. Around the time Forza 3 came out, my dog chewed the power cable to one of them, and being MS, even if I match the voltage and amps, the wheel won't recognize third party power supplies. Ontop of that MS recalled all their wheels for Kinect (another reason why I dislike Kinect), and didn't stock on replacement parts. MS basically told me FU, so this is why I'm so rigid against the XBO....

NNN2004 said:
I am here before you but who's that much insane to go against sony fanboys ! And to be honest I will be one of them soon I will be one of them because xbo disappoint me in many ways ... the only lose I will have from shifting to ps is my gamerscore I already convinced my xbox frinds to get ps this time.

Sorry man.

You can't fight it, there are a lot more Sony hardcore fans on forums then X-Box. MS does a great job at attracting casual gamers though.

Panicnausia said:
Wright said:
Panicnausia said:

Still makes zero sense to me but it's your life I guess.  I would never re-purchase a bad product like that ..ever. 

I guess the only videogame hardware you buy are Nintendo's, then.

?? Sony's failure rate with PS3 was continuously low and not even clso to 360's ...so your post makes zero sense. I still have my 5 year old original PS3...so why would I only buy nintendo?? never had any issues with sony's.. i said if I had gone through 3-4 consoles like him I would have never bought another one, Not hard to figure out.

Sony's okay, but not good, I read the original fat PS3's have between a 10-22% fail rate, which is decently high. I owned a PS ever since the PS1, and every system has broken on me once. However to be fair, a typical 360 lasts me 1-2 years. A Typical playstation lasts me 4-8 years. A typical Nintendo is forever (still yet to break one). Wright is right, if you really cared about reliability, Nintendo would always be your first choice.

I went from PS to XB last gen because I was sick on my PS's breaking on me.....boy did I mess up....

Next gen, I'm getting a WiiU first, and then a PS4 when a Slim model releases, and then an XBO when they announce 9th gen consoles. My PC can play XBO games, and I don't see too many exclusives releasing for the XBO and not the PC. Very excited for Titanfall.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

MS fans were always here. They just aren't as vocal as Sony fans tend to be.

I mean how many anti-MS threads do you expect us to be apart of?

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)