By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Where did all these Microsoft fans come from?

Where we're MS fans for the last 3 years

Non-existant, XBO made new fans 12 4.55%

Hibernating, XBO made fans crazy again 20 7.58%

Hibernating, 360 was dead, so fans were away 40 15.15%

Busy, playing Kinect 17 6.44%

Busy, playing PS3 24 9.09%

Busy, playing Wii/WiiU 9 3.41%

Always there, just waiting for XBO 39 14.77%

From Microsoft Land (it's real!) 18 6.82%

Paid to advertise? 52 19.70%

I DON'T KNOW? 33 12.50%

Total:264

I don't know. But I definitely remember them annoyingly hyping Reach.

Around the Network
Wright said:
Panicnausia said:
Wright said:

Maybe, you know, he likes the console? Because I'm wondering if you're going to purchase an Xbox One, since it doesn't seem to have dat failure rate.

I usually end up with several consoels so eventually I prob will get an x1, but not for awhile.

What about WiiU? Will you show it some love? It's lacking it...

Probably not, last Nintendo console I liked was N64.

Panicnausia said:
Wright said:

What about WiiU? Will you show it some love? It's lacking it...

Owwww, man, c'mon. You're mean to Nintendo :(

Start of a new generation doesnt just bring more people but it makes people more vocal. JayWood's introduction of the nation threads has also helped in improving the Xbox side of the community, as he runs it right.

Expect numbers to steadily grow for a year or so until things become less interesting. Peaking with Halo 5 release and slowly stagnating again for the next 4/5 Years.

Too_Talls said:
d21lewis said:

Read my post history. I prefer Nintendo but the Xbox 360 was always my favorite 7th gen console. I'm no Microsoft fan, mind you. I just loved that console and the experience it gave me. I guess I don't count because I guess I'm a fan of everything, to a degree. Still, if it came down to only owning one console, I'd have kissed my Wii and PS3 goodbye. Hell, I love the 360 so much, I bought two for two rooms of my house and there were times when both were in use at the same time.

Don't get me wrong.  When a company fucks up, I don't just overlook it.  All three have their flaws.  You may see me bash the 360 and maybe even the Xbox one but I do it out of love.

I have owned 4 360's over the corse of this out going generation.

360 elite: rrod

360 core: e7 (one red light, still dead)

360 arcade: still have that, the disc tray is jamed and thats why I fell in love with digital content.

360 slim: no problems, I just got it for getting it sake. 

Me and my young little brother are both cod fans so I make sure I have 2 360's so we can both play....yeah I bought 2 copies of every call of duty game from mw2 to ghost for that reason. I got a feel of howw it felt to play cod online on the ps3 so as the 360's were breaking down I never got the erge to get ps3's instead......

My little bro while young, kicks ass in call of duty so it was worth everything I invested in having him as my running buddy. He is in college now so.........I hope I drilled cod and xbox in his mind enough for him to get his own xbox one because it ait happening anymore lol. That thing cost too much money right now for me to mess with that lol.

Check me out--

• I bought a 20 GB 360 in Jan 2007.  It RRoD'd in 2007 right when I bought Mass Effect.  I had it fixed.  The disc drive broke so I traded when...
  • I bought a 60 GB 360 in late 2009 (With Kung Fu Panda and Lego Indiana Jones).  It worked so good that...
  • I bought myself a slim 360 (with Kinect) in 2010.  Moved the 60GB to the living room and kept the slim in the game room.
  • Then, I bought my nephew a 360 w/ Kinect for Christmas in 2011 and kept the $100 Wal-Mart gift certificat to buy myself games.  Then,
  • In 2012, VGChartz user, NobleTeam360 reported his 360 was broken.  I bought him a 360, too!
I might buy a 360 in 2013.  I just need a reason.  I got a new PS3 on Black Friday but it just isn't the same.  Buying a 360 almost every year has become a Lewis tradition!

Around the Network
Wright said:
Panicnausia said:

Owwww, man, c'mon. You're mean to Nintendo :(

I know man, I feel bad, grew up with nintendo, but my tastes in games evolved and their games never appealed to me much after. HAve a wii, but that was for my daughter. tried Skywar sword was disappointed, Don't hate me :(, wanted to like it, love zelda but just couldn't.

Paid to advtise .ms pr at its best

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

I'd say I'm a fan of all the big 3 but I do like Xbox a little bit more than the others. So I'm not sure if I count as a Xbox fan, I'm a fan of gaming I guess.

Panicnausia said:
Too_Talls said:

the times inbetween getting the systems was pretty significant. and I only got 2 from retail. thee other 2 were obtained on sweet deals.

Still makes zero sense to me but it's your life I guess.  I would never re-purchase a bad product like that ..ever.

Well thats just one side of my story for the sake of this thread.

For the GTA craze I jus had to get a ps2 because it was exclusive. In ONE MONTH.  two ps2's gave me the old "disc read error" both from retail one brand new and one referbrished. I was against sony more or less from then. in the 7th generation, I din't rush to get a 360 oor ps3. I had a cheap wii, that was fun, played smash bros a whole lot. I craved more power though as I could bareley tell the difference in power from the gamcube that I also owned. 

Before I got anything, like clock work a friend brought be a ps3 and asked if I could fix it. (I do a lot of work with eletronic parts so he assumed I could do something about it). And so my introduction to the ps3 was th same as my last memories of the playstaysion series. a console that didn't work. My decision to get a 360 was set soon after that encounter as my original xbox's (2 of them) never gave me any trouble.

and it took about 2 years for the elite to red ring. I did do my research before buying and the elite was new at the time and had a different cooling system than the previous modles. I was convinced it was red ring proof. I was wrong.....buy the time it  died I had already bought a core system for my brother. 

Then I found a guy selling his console for just 100 along with halo 3, couldn't pass it up. at that point, I was convinced every system had a chance to fail except for the nintendos that never ever messed up on me. but the playstations.......mostly bad experiences.

I was unlucky because in a little over a year the street purchase e7'd. and the last deal I did was trade a 19' plasma and a ipod touch aand nano for a 360 slim with 2k12 and a 350 gb hard drive..those were old things I never used, I didn't even think to tally the value becuse to me they were worthless. and the 360 got use almost every day sense. and now the 360 I bought for my bro years ago about 4 or 5 is still working, the disc tray just is stubburn.

when it comes to counting on something to work, nintendo certainly had them both beat but after I got a feel of the 360, my wii did nothing but collect dust. I would stick with nintendo if they stayed reletivley even on the power output.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

d21lewis said:
Too_Talls said:
d21lewis said:

Read my post history. I prefer Nintendo but the Xbox 360 was always my favorite 7th gen console. I'm no Microsoft fan, mind you. I just loved that console and the experience it gave me. I guess I don't count because I guess I'm a fan of everything, to a degree. Still, if it came down to only owning one console, I'd have kissed my Wii and PS3 goodbye. Hell, I love the 360 so much, I bought two for two rooms of my house and there were times when both were in use at the same time.

Don't get me wrong.  When a company fucks up, I don't just overlook it.  All three have their flaws.  You may see me bash the 360 and maybe even the Xbox one but I do it out of love.

I have owned 4 360's over the corse of this out going generation.

360 elite: rrod

360 core: e7 (one red light, still dead)

360 arcade: still have that, the disc tray is jamed and thats why I fell in love with digital content.

360 slim: no problems, I just got it for getting it sake. 

Me and my young little brother are both cod fans so I make sure I have 2 360's so we can both play....yeah I bought 2 copies of every call of duty game from mw2 to ghost for that reason. I got a feel of howw it felt to play cod online on the ps3 so as the 360's were breaking down I never got the erge to get ps3's instead......

My little bro while young, kicks ass in call of duty so it was worth everything I invested in having him as my running buddy. He is in college now so.........I hope I drilled cod and xbox in his mind enough for him to get his own xbox one because it ait happening anymore lol. That thing cost too much money right now for me to mess with that lol.

Check me out--

• I bought a 20 GB 360 in Jan 2007.  It RRoD'd in 2007 right when I bought Mass Effect.  I had it fixed.  The disc drive broke so I traded when...
  • I bought a 60 GB 360 in late 2009 (With Kung Fu Panda and Lego Indiana Jones).  It worked so good that...
  • I bought myself a slim 360 (with Kinect) in 2010.  Moved the 60GB to the living room and kept the slim in the game room.
  • Then, I bought my nephew a 360 w/ Kinect for Christmas in 2011 and kept the $100 Wal-Mart gift certificat to buy myself games.  Then,
  • In 2012, VGChartz user, NobleTeam360 reported his 360 was broken.  I bought him a 360, too!
I might buy a 360 in 2013.  I just need a reason.  I got a new PS3 on Black Friday but it just isn't the same.  Buying a 360 almost every year has become a Lewis tradition!

I love you for that man!!!!