By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft confirms forced day one consoles parity for the multiplats games!

mjk45 said:
gergroy said:
shikamaru317 said:
UltimateUnknown said:
What exactly is "parity" in this case? Is it content parity? Is it launch date parity? Or is it that the game has to be the exact same on both Xbone and PS4 even if that means dumbing down the PS4 version?

I can live with the first two, but the last one isn't acceptable.

Chances are that it's one of the first two, most likely release date parity based on the way that it's worded and the fact that it's the most logical assumption. Microsoft wouldn't be crazy enough to publicly announce forced graphical parity like some of these Sony fans in here are suggesting, they'd keep that under wraps if it was happening, though I highly doubt that it is because I'm sure that Microsoft is smart enough to not risk another huge public outcry after what happened at E3. 

And you would have a lot of developers talking about it.  Especially some of these indie devs that have worked with microsoft in the past and dont seem to have any problem talking smack about them.  

Im sorry, but if a console maker is forcing developers to downgrade their games to appear on their platform, you would know about it.  Nda or no, it would have been explicitly said by this point by some disgruntled developer or another.

this conspiracy crap is nothing but crap

The thing is , because of the relative eveness of PS360  consoles , no 3rd party developers where creating PS360 games last gen that came close to having big enough differences to enforce such a policy , certainly not indie developers.

this leads me to believe that the policy was more about them , stopping multiplats from becoming defacto second party games unless they did it on the 360. ,than any kind of lowest common denominator rule .

This gen now sees  the parity of the two consoles under threat , and people are looking at what does equality between multiplats this gen mean  and has it changed , I think it is like a lot of such corporate policies , a blanket policy deliberately open to interpretation.

If a game like COD could push 1080p on PS4 and 720p on Xbone, I think we don't have to worry about that. COD is one of Xbox's flagship titles and gets timed DLC. I'm sure MS pays Acti a metric ton of money for that exclusivity. If even after the cash Acti decided or could make COD Ghosts better on PS4, then I think we should put to rest all these claims of PS4 getting x-boned. And this is not just Ghosts, almost all multiplats are technically superior on PS4 at LAUNCH! This is only going to get more interesting as time goes on.

Around the Network

Sony gamers that only support Sony no matter what they do, slamming X1 owners for doing the same thing they do as if its wrong.

Now the next time Sony gets a 3rd party exclusive or exclusive content, guess who wont be complaining? The same people here saying its wrong to be that way.

Look folks, the only thing you can really do is #dealwithit It does no good to try and claim its foul because you are only going to look two faced and biased later on. Granted that is the very reason I am no longer a Sony gamer so I don't expect you guys to change at all.

Attoyou said:
Oh well. Multiplat ps4-pc players will still end up with the better looking/running copy 90% of the time. Exclusives are where it matters.

PC gamers will. You know what 2nd and 3rd have in common? They are not the best. Lets not act like the PS4 version is on par with PC, at most the difference is closer to the difference between X1 and PS4. Now if X1 isnt good enough, then certainly PS4 cannot be either, at least not to be considered the best.

ListerOfSmeg said:
Attoyou said:
Oh well. Multiplat ps4-pc players will still end up with the better looking/running copy 90% of the time. Exclusives are where it matters.

PC gamers will. You know what 2nd and 3rd have in common? They are not the best. Lets not act like the PS4 version is on par with PC, at most the difference is closer to the difference between X1 and PS4. Now if X1 isnt good enough, then certainly PS4 cannot be either, at least not to be considered the best.

Of course not, and I'm glad to be a pc gamer nor do I expect massive differnece in multiplats for One and ps4, but there will be differences, 720p-1080p, 30fps-60fps sometimes or just flat out better textures and AA. Lets not act like it won't matter to lots of people, especially on a sites like this where comparing the systems is the only thing that matters. 

There will be differences, bigger than the ps3-360 at the least. If you're console only gamer and you want the faster system with better graphics its going to be the ps4. 

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Attoyou said:
ListerOfSmeg said:
Attoyou said:

Of course not, and I'm glad to be a pc gamer nor do I expect massive differnece in multiplats for One and ps4, but there will be differences, 720p-1080p, 30fps-60fps sometimes or just flat out better textures and AA. Lets not act like it won't matter to lots of people, especially on a sites like this where comparing the systems is the only thing that matters. 

There will be differences, bigger than the ps3-360 at the least. If you're console only gamer and you want the faster system with better graphics its going to be the ps4. 

I predict that both X1 and PS4 will be 100 % 1080p later, but PS4 will get better framerate/textures/ loading time etc. Xbox One specs and games are capable to reach 1080p, its just a matter of time. Of course PS4 will perform better than that. And I agree that differences will be bigger than ps3 - 360.

Around the Network
KingofTrolls said:
Attoyou said:
ListerOfSmeg said:
Attoyou said:

I predict that both X1 and PS4 will be 100 % 1080p later, but PS4 will get better framerate/textures/ loading time etc. Xbox One specs and games are capable to reach 1080p, its just a matter of time. Of course PS4 will perform better than that. And I agree that differences will be bigger than ps4 - 360.

Sure, game engines will get a lot better for the two systems. You'll probably see a handful of games for both systems with lower resolutions as graphics get better too, or lower framrates or poor IQ just like with many games last gen. 

Thankfully it's sounding like this gen won't last as long as last gen. 

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Attoyou said:
KingofTrolls said:

I predict that both X1 and PS4 will be 100 % 1080p later, but PS4 will get better framerate/textures/ loading time etc. Xbox One specs and games are capable to reach 1080p, its just a matter of time. Of course PS4 will perform better than that. And I agree that differences will be bigger than ps4 - 360.

Sure, game engines will get a lot better for the two systems. You'll probably see a handful of games for both systems with lower resolutions as graphics get better too, or lower framrates or poor IQ just like with many games last gen. 

Thankfully it's sounding like this gen won't last as long as last gen. 

I agree that 90 % games will be 30/lower FPS at the end of the 8gen, but I dont think we ll see 720p again, because the difference will be easy noticable to everyone, and o lot of ppl get used with unstable 30 FPS ( GTA V - score 97 %, FPS - 15 - 30 ).

Of course there is the whole ,, Cloud " tech, but I call it BS.

this gen won't last as long as last gen - too early too predict, its 50/50 for me now.

KylieDog said:

Hope a bunch of indies give them the middle finger.  Forced parity held back too many games last gen.

For once, I agree with you.  I hate the idea of holding it back just because of weaker tech.  I feel the same way about consoles vs PC.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
KylieDog said:

Hope a bunch of indies give them the middle finger.  Forced parity held back too many games last gen.

For once, I agree with you.  I hate the idea of holding it back just because of weaker tech.  I feel the same way about consoles vs PC.  

Yup, unfortunately for PC almost 100 % multiplats are console port. But, the most populat games on PC are MOBA/MMO - maybe that is the reason. 

ListerOfSmeg said:
Sony gamers that only support Sony no matter what they do, slamming X1 owners for doing the same thing they do as if its wrong.

Now the next time Sony gets a 3rd party exclusive or exclusive content, guess who wont be complaining? The same people here saying its wrong to be that way.

Look folks, the only thing you can really do is #dealwithit It does no good to try and claim its foul because you are only going to look two faced and biased later on. Granted that is the very reason I am no longer a Sony gamer so I don't expect you guys to change at all.

Same people who suck Destiny's dick (and take pride in it due to minor advantages) after hating on Halo ... and all this despite never playing these games. 

I somehow wish this forced parity to be true (on the technical level) just to make some people loose their sleep.

Ex Graphics Whore.