By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft confirms forced day one consoles parity for the multiplats games!

TimCliveroller said:

Same people who suck Destiny's dick (and take pride in it due to minor advantages) after hating on Halo ... and all this despite never playing these games. 

I somehow wish this forced parity to be true (on the technical level) just to make some people loose their sleep.

Impossible, not after 1080p Ghost, 900p BF4 and 1080p AC IV. Look at the sales of next gen games - Call of Duty is 1st on both, BF4 is second on both, AC IV is 4th on both. 3rd party rules on PS4/X1 and everyone agrees with that. 

Destiny is more like Borderlands than Halo imo.

Around the Network
KingofTrolls said:
TimCliveroller said:

Same people who suck Destiny's dick (and take pride in it due to minor advantages) after hating on Halo ... and all this despite never playing these games. 

I somehow wish this forced parity to be true (on the technical level) just to make some people loose their sleep.

Impossible, not after 1080p Ghost, 900p BF4 and 1080p AC IV. Look at the sales of next gen games - Call of Duty is 1st on both, BF4 is second on both, AC IV is 4th on both. 3rd party rules on PS4/X1 and everyone agrees with that. 

Have you read my post (in its corresponding context)? I don't understand what all this has to do with it. It was all about hypocrisy ... but then again - knack and your nickname.

Ex Graphics Whore.

TimCliveroller said:
KingofTrolls said:
TimCliveroller said:

Have you read my post (in its corresponding context)? I don't understand what all this has to do with it. It was all about hypocrisy ... but then again - knack and your nickname.

Yes I did.

1 - Halo haters loves Destiny coz its on PS4 too < hypocrisy> U are right here, for me this is so funny, but Xbox fans are also happy with FFXV,MGS5/KH3 etc. WHat now ?

2 - u wish forced parity to become true < let them no sleep ! > I said no, this is just unfair. 

And I quoted only 2. 

KingofTrolls said:
Attoyou said:
ListerOfSmeg said:
Attoyou said:
Oh well. Multiplat ps4-pc players will still end up with the better looking/running copy 90% of the time. Exclusives are where it matters.

PC gamers will. You know what 2nd and 3rd have in common? They are not the best. Lets not act like the PS4 version is on par with PC, at most the difference is closer to the difference between X1 and PS4. Now if X1 isnt good enough, then certainly PS4 cannot be either, at least not to be considered the best.

Of course not, and I'm glad to be a pc gamer nor do I expect massive differnece in multiplats for One and ps4, but there will be differences, 720p-1080p, 30fps-60fps sometimes or just flat out better textures and AA. Lets not act like it won't matter to lots of people, especially on a sites like this where comparing the systems is the only thing that matters. 

There will be differences, bigger than the ps3-360 at the least. If you're console only gamer and you want the faster system with better graphics its going to be the ps4. 

I predict that both X1 and PS4 will be 100 % 1080p later, but PS4 will get better framerate/textures/ loading time etc. Xbox One specs and games are capable to reach 1080p, its just a matter of time. Of course PS4 will perform better than that. And I agree that differences will be bigger than ps3 - 360.

I would not make that prediction yet.

The problem for X1 1080p current games is that they either: have Zero AA (Forza and NFS) or have old gen 3D engine like 2xMSAA Fifa sports games which don't even have decent shadows or lightings (FIFA) but just use FullHD old gen 3D engine.

All the  modern 3D engine with deferred engine, the 3D engines which give us dynamic lighting (Ryse, DR3, COD, BF4) and lots of shaders effect and post processing AA (MLAA, edge detection, SMAA with 900p Ryse, TXAA), are sub-1080p on X1. Even the first exclusive games which took 1 to 2 years to develop. I mean Forza 5 took at least 2 years with 300 people and it is the first Forza ever to miss some minimum AA? Not even some easy cheap edge detection (SMAA, MLAA) on the Windshield? Right maybe the 300 people during 2 years just forgot it! No it is because of the 32MB Vram, if they choose to run the game at 1080p they can't do deferred shaders nor post effects, only 2XMSAA (like Fifa sports games) but MSAA is too GPU expensive with Forza 5.

Before making this prediction I will wait when we see one game on X1 at 1080p, with AA and deferred modern 3D engine (dynamic lighting and such). Which we haven't yet seen. Unfortunaltely.

In fact it is not because of the X1 GPU. The GPU is perfectly sufficient to run modern 3D deferred engines. Trying to boost the GPU like getting back the 10% reserved for Kinect will not make the things better. The problem lies in the memory architecture. Slow main memory with fast (not extremely fast mind you) Vram. the memory architecture is similar with the dreadfull PS2. main ram + fast VRAM. but on PS2 the vram at least was 4MB which was consequent vs 32MB main memory. Here the 32MB vram is a joke compared to the 8000MB-ish main memory.

They should have put 48MB and we would not have seen so much disparities between PS4 and X1. X1 could run all PS4 games at 1080p resolution with deferred engine, even if the framerate would have been worse with less effects. And the sports games would have been better than those old gen FullHD ports we have now, for everybody.

"Microsoft required exclusivity, timed exclusivity or at the very least launch date parity for Xbox 360 games - but it has confirmed it is willing to work with developers on a case-by-case for games that have already released on other platforms when it comes to Xbox One."

Is that really so hard to grasp?

Around the Network

this explains why COD on PS4 released in 720p. To be on parity. Then it needed a patch to get it to 1080p.

With each and every MS spokesperson's statement, I reach the conclusion that the company has suicidal tendencies. That statement was really not necessary and the spokesman should have been better prepared in terms of wording.

Now, if this parity stuff means that devs should keep PS4 version to lower standards, then fire and brimstone to them. If it doesn't and it has to do with simultaneous launch or content, then I see no harm. Just a company caring for it's consumers' interest.

Nevertheless, once said, the gates of hell opened again. Let them try to fix it.

PS. By the way, I'm pretty disappointed by some heavily selfish statements here.

This, I stole from grandpa...It's called soap.

XboneWins said:
"Microsoft required exclusivity, timed exclusivity or at the very least launch date parity for Xbox 360 games - but it has confirmed it is willing to work with developers on a case-by-case for games that have already released on other platforms when it comes to Xbox One."

Is that really so hard to grasp?

Isn´t it the exactly same thing that was with the 360?

I don´t remember any indie that came first in the PS3 and PC ports were always case by case.

Here, OXM sets it clear!

http://www.oxm.co.uk/67538/nuclear-throne-announced-for-xbox-one-idxbox-day-one-parity-clause-revealed/

I quote:

"Ismail also shed a bit of light to Joystiq on the inner workings of ID@Xbox - apparently, Microsoft insists that developers release their games on Xbox at the same time as on other platforms, though there's no such restriction on games that are already announced for other platforms (hence the confirmation yesterday that PS timed console exclusives Divekick and Cosmic Star Heroine will release on Xbox One).

Numbering just two people, Vlambeer is ill-equipped to develop and release a game for multiple platforms at once. Accordingly, it got in touch with Sony - which doesn't insist on release parity - to secure a PS4 deal first, and escape the simultaneous release requirement.".

This, I stole from grandpa...It's called soap.

Cobretti2 said:
this explains why COD on PS4 released in 720p. To be on parity. Then it needed a patch to get it to 1080p.

No, this has nothing to do with IW QA incompetence.

It´s "day one parity" means the game must be released at the same day (or before) on the One than other platforms.

It´s the same policy from 360´s games.