By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft confirms forced day one consoles parity for the multiplats games!

Dark_Feanor said:
Cobretti2 said:
this explains why COD on PS4 released in 720p. To be on parity. Then it needed a patch to get it to 1080p.

No, this has nothing to do with IW QA incompetence.

It´s "day one parity" means the game must be released at the same day (or before) on the One than other platforms.

It´s the same policy from 360´s games.

lol i was being sarcastic. Guess it reads to seriously. 

Around the Network
Jereel Hunter said:
KylieDog said:

Hope a bunch of indies give them the middle finger.  Forced parity held back too many games last gen.

Are you a fanboy of a different system, or do dislike consumers? They require developers give them a decent product. How is this a bad thing? They are saying, if you want to release an inferior version on our hardware - don't bother. Giving them an inferior product IS a middle finger. "Hey indies, MS won't let you give them the middle finger... SO GIVE THEM THE MIDDLE FINGER"

Maybe giving the developers an inferior console hardware is a middle finger?

ListerOfSmeg said:
Attoyou said:
Oh well. Multiplat ps4-pc players will still end up with the better looking/running copy 90% of the time. Exclusives are where it matters.

PC gamers will. You know what 2nd and 3rd have in common? They are not the best. Lets not act like the PS4 version is on par with PC, at most the difference is closer to the difference between X1 and PS4. Now if X1 isnt good enough, then certainly PS4 cannot be either, at least not to be considered the best.

There is no definite performance of a Pc version for any game. Its performance depnds on your PC specs, and at the moment, PS4 crushes most PCs (while being cheaper too)

Par for the course.

bananaking21 said:
KylieDog said:

Inferior hardware should get inferior products.  Why should those who buy the better hardware get lesser games.  

This likely extends to MS forcing pay DLC too, are devs who wanted to give away fee DLC last gen, but MS forced them to make people pay for it, so other versions had to force people to pay for it.

could you give a link/source for that claim?

I have one! Record of Agarest War! All DLC was free on PSN and every piece of DLC cost money on XBL. First hand experience.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

This is the type of horrendous practice that gaming does not need. People are missing the point. Small indies don't have resources to do 2 platforms at once, numerous devs have complained about this. It is a way to try and force smaller devs to either follow MS rules, and either launch on x1 first and have nothing extra for other platforms, or do without MS indie program all together. This is dispicable imo, anti developer, and anti consumer. What's sadder is people defending this.

This is one of the reasons many indies have soured on MS, see another one on twitter not happy, saying this needs to go if MS wants good relations with developers.

TimCliveroller said:
ListerOfSmeg said:
Sony gamers that only support Sony no matter what they do, slamming X1 owners for doing the same thing they do as if its wrong.

Now the next time Sony gets a 3rd party exclusive or exclusive content, guess who wont be complaining? The same people here saying its wrong to be that way.

Look folks, the only thing you can really do is #dealwithit It does no good to try and claim its foul because you are only going to look two faced and biased later on. Granted that is the very reason I am no longer a Sony gamer so I don't expect you guys to change at all.

Same people who suck Destiny's dick (and take pride in it due to minor advantages) after hating on Halo ... and all this despite never playing these games. 

I somehow wish this forced parity to be true (on the technical level) just to make some people loose their sleep.

We saw a very large game get dumbed down and downgraded because of this policy last generation. It made me sad.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Tin foil hatters unite.

The leap from release parity to content parity was funny.

http://i.imgur.com/i9rLz3y.png

Perfect example why this is just wrong......This is bad for indies and gaming.

J_Allard said:
Tin foil hatters unite.

The leap from release parity to content parity was funny.

http://i.imgur.com/i9rLz3y.png

I'll take developers who have gone through it over you. It's a terrible practice.