By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft confirms forced day one consoles parity for the multiplats games!

Panicnausia said:
J_Allard said:
Tin foil hatters unite.

The leap from release parity to content parity was funny.

http://i.imgur.com/i9rLz3y.png

I'll take developers who have gone through it over you. It's a terrible practice.

That has nothing to do with what I said though. Better luck next time.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:

Hope a bunch of indies give them the middle finger.  Forced parity held back too many games last gen.

Huh?  Like what?

outlawauron said:
bananaking21 said:
KylieDog said:

Inferior hardware should get inferior products.  Why should those who buy the better hardware get lesser games.  

This likely extends to MS forcing pay DLC too, are devs who wanted to give away fee DLC last gen, but MS forced them to make people pay for it, so other versions had to force people to pay for it.

could you give a link/source for that claim?

I have one! Record of Agarest War! All DLC was free on PSN and every piece of DLC cost money on XBL. First hand experience.

How was that game?  I keep looking at it because i like strategy games, but... It looks kind of cheap.  Is it better than it looks?

SxyxS said:
Zekkyou said:
kowenicki said:
good work.

How is being anti consumer good work? :/

no matter what MS did-It's always good work for kowenicki.No matter what they do they simply can do no wrong for him.Haven't seen one single critical comment from him about ms in this year,and this year was full of strange decisions made by MS.

To be honest, he did sound like a MS shill (i.e. worse than just a mindless MS fanboy).

outlawauron said:
bananaking21 said:
KylieDog said:

Inferior hardware should get inferior products.  Why should those who buy the better hardware get lesser games.  

This likely extends to MS forcing pay DLC too, are devs who wanted to give away fee DLC last gen, but MS forced them to make people pay for it, so other versions had to force people to pay for it.

could you give a link/source for that claim?

I have one! Record of Agarest War! All DLC was free on PSN and every piece of DLC cost money on XBL. First hand experience.

THE 360 VERSION NEVER MADE IT TO EUROPE! That's worse than having to pay for the DLC, not playing at all! D:

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
Jereel Hunter said:
KylieDog said:

Hope a bunch of indies give them the middle finger.  Forced parity held back too many games last gen.

Are you a fanboy of a different system, or do dislike consumers? They require developers give them a decent product. How is this a bad thing? They are saying, if you want to release an inferior version on our hardware - don't bother. Giving them an inferior product IS a middle finger. "Hey indies, MS won't let you give them the middle finger... SO GIVE THEM THE MIDDLE FINGER"

Your argument holds no water. It would be one thing if they were releasing some AAA exclusive where they toiled endlessly to squeeze every last drop out of the PS4's power and they X1 simply couldnt' match it. We're talking about early gen games with graphics that both systems can handle easily.

Did you own a PS3 last gen? Do you remember how all multiplats were clearly inferior for the first 2-3 years? Was it necessary? Developers could have spent extra time optimizing their game, but Sony didn't demand parity. (Though it was their own fault, due to inferior developer tools and a more complicated architecture)  MS on the other hand has godo developer tools and similar arcitecture this gen, there's no good reason they shouldn't have parity.

If a company released a game with dumb, worthless AI on the PS4 and average AI on the X1 due to cloud processing, would you think that's fair because the X1 has superior processing power available for it's AI? Or would you think it was lazy of the devs to not bother achieving parity in a task they easily could? Just like it's going to take time for games to fully realize the power of the cloud, and devs can't use this as an excuse to cut corners on the AI processing for the PS4 saying "no cloud", they can't cut corners on X1 resolution it can attain.

Wright said:
outlawauron said:

THE 360 VERSION NEVER MADE IT TO EUROPE! That's worse than having to pay for the DLC, not playing at all! D:

Considering they ported the game to 360 specifically for the NA release, and then decided to be digital only for the original platform's release. There's plenty to complain about.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

ToyBoxDX said:
SxyxS said:
Zekkyou said:
kowenicki said:
good work.

How is being anti consumer good work? :/

no matter what MS did-It's always good work for kowenicki.No matter what they do they simply can do no wrong for him.Haven't seen one single critical comment from him about ms in this year,and this year was full of strange decisions made by MS.

To be honest, he did sound like a MS shill (i.e. worse than just a mindless MS fanboy).

His behaviour has always resulted in a forum full of headscratching.  I didn't wanna pin the F-word on him, but if we were looking for an example of a Fanboy, he'd be it. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android