By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Saw a Wii U in person for the first time yeserday and didn't even know it was a Wii U

My little cousin has a Wii U when I visited my uncle last night and on first sight I thought it was a Wii because he was playing some Mii game with terrible graphics ad the gamepad wasn't in plain sight, what's appalling to me is how similair the design of the two consoles are. Me, someone who plans on buying a Wii U when X releases, who uses a video game forum, didn't even know what the god damn looked like in comparison with a Wii. That's a god damn shame, Nintendo really fucked up by making it look SO similair to the WII....and the Wii U name doesn't help either.

Around the Network

if you care enough about the thing, you'll know which is which.

So the screen on the controller didn't give it away?

"gamepad wasn't in plain sight". Please read completely before pointing fingers.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex Edition FC 0025-4434-1221

MSG ME AS YOU ADD.

They are stupidly alike, even retailers get it wrong with their adverts.

Around the Network
Seece said:
They are stupidly alike, even retailers get it wrong with their adverts.

That's very true, and Nintendo should have done more to separate the systems.

But still, if someone if looking for the system here then they will be looking for the box, which should be simpler. It's still a major oversight though.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

How did you figure out that it was the Wii U?

Hardware looks over what it can do?

So you're blind? Pictures of the WiiU have been posted plenty of time here. And even if you hadn't seen any pictures (which would contradict your previous statement) 'WiiU' being printed right under the disk tray should have given you a pretty good idea of which console is in front of you.

After the 3DS i don`t understand how Nintendo repeated the same mistake: new HW too similar with old HW.