By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Saw a Wii U in person for the first time yeserday and didn't even know it was a Wii U

domflo said:
SxyxS said:

1)When people want to buy a new console,they want to buy something that looks new in their shelve/tv rack and not something that looks like the forth 360 and second ps4.

2)Most nintendo gamers are casual gamers,they still don't know the difference between a Wii and a Wii U and if the new system looks so similar to the old one that even core gamers fail to tell the difference on first,second and third sight in a quiet small room how the hell should casual-mom in a huge mall with 1000 technical devices,noisy music and lots of people tell the difference???

2. If you can't tell the difference between Wii and Wii U at this point, you're probably not a "hardcore gamer" to begin with. For "casuals" this holds true though.

The difference there is they modelled that 360 on the Xbox One, not vice verser.

Around the Network
Seece said:
domflo said:
SxyxS said:

1)When people want to buy a new console,they want to buy something that looks new in their shelve/tv rack and not something that looks like the forth 360 and second ps4.

2)Most nintendo gamers are casual gamers,they still don't know the difference between a Wii and a Wii U and if the new system looks so similar to the old one that even core gamers fail to tell the difference on first,second and third sight in a quiet small room how the hell should casual-mom in a huge mall with 1000 technical devices,noisy music and lots of people tell the difference???

2. If you can't tell the difference between Wii and Wii U at this point, you're probably not a "hardcore gamer" to begin with. For "casuals" this holds true though.

The difference there is they modelled that 360 on the Xbox One, not vice verser.

And how does that matter for casuals that see the systems (like, in a mall)? That supposedly have no idea about this kind of stuff?

Nintendo Network ID: domflo

Add me if you like!

Ask me about 3DS Friend Code if interested. All other things are in the profile!

domflo said:
Seece said:
domflo said:
SxyxS said:

And how does that matter for casuals that see the systems (like, in a mall)? That supposedly have no idea about this kind of stuff?

One has a price tag of $499 the other is $99 :P

Seriously though it's obviously not a problem unlike Wii/WiiU. Nobody has had any issues figuring out Xbox One is a new console.

ListerOfSmeg said:
So you're a casual gamer then?
1. Any Mii game on Wii U is in HD, yet you couldn't tell.
2. you are not into games enough to look into these things.

1. The game had shitty graphics, HD or not.

2. Right, because a "casual"gamer would actually fucking be on Vgchartz posting in the forums. 

PattonFiend said:
If people don't know the difference between a Wii and Wii U, there is something far more wrong with them then being dumb, lol.

Grow the fuck up, who the hell sends insults at someone over something as petty as this? So apparently I'm dumb for not knowing it was a Wii U and not a Wii, nevermind the fact I'm majoring in Computer Science and starting up my own indie studio for the mobile. I'm dumb because Nintendo made a fuck up? Really? Gtfo

User was banned for this post

yo_john117

Around the Network
Incubi said:
S.Peelman said:
Incubi said:

Heh. Basically my argument in the post above yours, but with a single picture instead of my thousand words... Guess the saying is true .

Yeah. The confusion about the look of Wii, WiiU and how that guy cant see the difference between a Wii and WiiU game? All i can say to that guy is this:

And what reason would I have to lie for? You guys seriously need to seriously grow up. Like I said the game had shitty graphics.

NintendoPie said:
It's really not that difficult to discern. It's incredibly sad that you indeed are apart of a video game forum and this still dazes you. Also, by the numerous pictures shown above, Nintendo wasn't the first or only to make something that looked slightly like their last iteration.

I guess to each his own eye.

No, it's incredibly sad a member on a Video game forum couldn't tell the difference between a Wii and Wii U without the gamepad present, Nintendo's fault more than anything, especially when you consider most people don't even know what the fuck a Wii U is.

Ooh! Ooh! Me next! Curse me out next!!

d21lewis said:

You know I wouldn't be so upset if the Nintendo army didn't assault me over a simple misconception, if they came at me like adults I would've easily returned the favor. 

Daisuke72 said:
d21lewis said:

You know I wouldn't be so upset if the Nintendo army didn't assault me over a simple misconception, if they came at me like adults I would've easily returned the favor. 

I know.  Sometimes, people get upset over anything negative about their plastic of choice.  I assume you just came into the thread and saw what seems like several peopl attacking you all at once.  Don't let it get you fired up, though.  It's just games.

*edit* and you know what you saw and what you didn't.  You don't have to prove anything to anyone.  You posted your experience.  We can't ask for more than that.