By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - By this time next year how much will each console have sold: Predictions

Zero999 said:
Seece said:
Zero999 said:

the numbers you are using would more than confirm 6m+

Not really, it'd put the WiiU at 4.5m WW end of November, with 5 weeks of sales left. The 2 weeks after Black Friday are always lower for every system, and then the following 2 weeks are on par with Black Friday, the week after that is new years and that's usually the lowest out of the lot.

bolded: only in america.

Europe and Japan don't make up the fall in the US, WW sales drop for 2 weeks after Black Friday, go look at the sales last year on this site.

Around the Network

Lol, Seece and Zero still going at it?

Seece said:
Zero999 said:
Seece said:
Zero999 said:

the numbers you are using would more than confirm 6m+

Not really, it'd put the WiiU at 4.5m WW end of November, with 5 weeks of sales left. The 2 weeks after Black Friday are always lower for every system, and then the following 2 weeks are on par with Black Friday, the week after that is new years and that's usually the lowest out of the lot.

bolded: only in america.

Europe and Japan don't make up the fall in the US, WW sales drop for 2 weeks after Black Friday, go look at the sales last year on this site.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

BlowoverKing said:

Seece said:
BlowoverKing said:

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

Around the Network
BlowoverKing said:
Seece said:
BlowoverKing said:

Cat got your tounge :P

Seece said:

Cat got your tounge :P

Besides, my cat is in the living room

Wiiu: 7.5m
PS4: 15m
X1:9m
psvita: 7m
3DS: 45m

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

Zero999 said:
lt_dan_27 said:
Zero999 said:
Seece said:

XB1 - 11m
PS4 - 13.5m
WiiU - 9.5m
3DS - 58m
Vita - 8m

SHIPPED, not sold.

rofl 9.5m, I'm laughing!

I've read some of your comments. What wiiU lineup are you talking about that makes you think the wiiU will have triple the sales of it's launch year? In one day, the ps4 and xbox one both sold more than the wiiU's life time sales. In two weeks the PS4 is half that of the wiiU's international lifetime sales. The wiiU's best week sold just over 500K units. This week is the wiiU's best week with just over 110k. The wiiU's sales would have to pick up nearly 3 fold in order for the 22m predication to be valid. If its sales for this week were sustained all year, it would be shy of your 22m by 10million units. Based on previous sales, if it sustains the same figures that it did last year. They will reach maybe 8 million. Excluding the launch (2 weeks of rediculous sales comparitively), the wiiU has sold 3.1 million units. So I would say 9.5 might even be an optimistic prediction. 

bolded: no.

bolded 2: fallacy, altough ps4 had an amazing launch, this ratio is due to wii u's low 2013 sales. looking at it more logicaly, ps4 should end up 2013 with under 3M. in other words, just 33% more than wii u in 2012. see the difference? of course you do.

the fact is that sales are picking up for wii u and there's a huge amount of titles already announced for 2014.

I messed up the first bolded quote, let me rephrase that. I meant to say both the xbox one and ps4 have overtaken the wiiU's lifetime sales in the UK. Sorry about that. Also, the ps4 IS at 2.1 million units. That's a quote FROM SONY. So you're right, the ps4 has sold more than half the lifetime of the wiiU's sales, and it was in 16 days, not two weeks, sorry.  I don't see where your under 3m for ps4 idea comes from for the ps4. We know that the ps4 has over 2 million back orders in the US alone. So, the PS4 will easily be to 3 million by the end of the year, and possibly more if they can keep up with demand. Theny you're also ignoring the fact demand for the wiiU fell off a massive cliff after 2012, and it has NEVER recovered. Also, just under 3 million means 50% more than 2 million. Your so called recovery in sales is simply because of the holiday season, and it's sales aren't nearly as good as it's launch. Look at every other launch, the next years holiday season sales are usually higher, NOT a quarter. So no, I don't see your point. The ps4 clearly has a higer demand. Also, you can't say low 2013 sales, when 2013 has made up over 85% of it's time on the market. So yeah, none of your points are valid. 

lt_dan_27 said:
Zero999 said:

bolded: no.

bolded 2: fallacy, altough ps4 had an amazing launch, this ratio is due to wii u's low 2013 sales. looking at it more logicaly, ps4 should end up 2013 with under 3M. in other words, just 33% more than wii u in 2012. see the difference? of course you do.

the fact is that sales are picking up for wii u and there's a huge amount of titles already announced for 2014.

I messed up the first bolded quote, let me rephrase that. I meant to say both the xbox one and ps4 have overtaken the wiiU's lifetime sales in the UK. Sorry about that. Also, the ps4 IS at 2.1 million units. That's a quote FROM SONY. So you're right, the ps4 has sold more than half the lifetime of the wiiU's sales, and it was in 16 days, not two weeks, sorry.  I don't see where your under 3m for ps4 idea comes from for the ps4. We know that the ps4 has over 2 million back orders in the US alone. So, the PS4 will easily be to 3 million by the end of the year, and possibly more if they can keep up with demand. Theny you're also ignoring the fact demand for the wiiU fell off a massive cliff after 2012, and it has NEVER recovered. Also, just under 3 million means 50% more than 2 million. Your so called recovery in sales is simply because of the holiday season, and it's sales aren't nearly as good as it's launch. Look at every other launch, the next years holiday season sales are usually higher, NOT a quarter. So no, I don't see your point. The ps4 clearly has a higer demand. Also, you can't say low 2013 sales, when 2013 has made up over 85% of it's time on the market. So yeah, none of your points are valid. 

wii u sold 2.25m in 2012, so just under 3m IS 33% more. the wii u sales HAVE recovered and the killer 2014 lineup will only make it better and better.

considering ps4 WORLDWIDE preorders of around 1.6M, I don't see where your idea that ps4 has 2m orders in US alone, AFTER LAUNCH. what i know is that those 2.1m indicate a black friday of around 220k in america, and the prospects are that it will go down on the next weeks.

OF COURSE I CAN SAY LOW 2013 SALES, why wouldn't I? the whole point is to prove your fallacy that tries to inflate ps4's situation when a better comparison shows it won't end 2013 that much better than wii u 2012.