By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - By this time next year how much will each console have sold: Predictions

Zero999 said:

Seece predicted 7M, genius, so don't speak about what you don't know.

the moment i said i expected the number to be closer to that prediction instead of seece's, it was very clear i didn't expect 9.3m anymore.

So? He predictet 7 million first, then changed it to 6-6.5 million, you did the exact same thing, you predicted 9.3 million and at some that no one has seen, you have changed your prediction to something apparently nobody is allowed to know. And if your comment was so clear then I wonder why people in the thread have still been under the impression that 9.3 mio was your prediction, maybe it wasn't clear after all.

Also let me tell you something, you are nothing but an overly rude, arrogant person without anything to back that attitude up, you have absolutely zero grasp of in what kinda position the Wii U is on the market and you have no idea what the Wii Us problems really are, all of this is indicated by you being wrong on literally every single fucking Wii U sales prediction you have ever made, so seriously you are in absolutely no position to insult the intelligence of any user on this site ever, yet you constantly resort to doing just that. For fucks sake, stop that already.

Around the Network
Seece said:

7m - 8.15m - 9.3m

So do you think it'll be over 8.15m? See how I worded this? I'm asking you.

8.15m would be quite the comedown from your original 10.2m in June wouldn't it?

no, i don't think it will be over 8m anymore.

lt_dan_27 said:
Zero999 said:
Seece said:

XB1 - 11m
PS4 - 13.5m
WiiU - 9.5m
3DS - 58m
Vita - 8m

SHIPPED, not sold.

rofl 9.5m, I'm laughing!

I've read some of your comments. What wiiU lineup are you talking about that makes you think the wiiU will have triple the sales of it's launch year? In one day, the ps4 and xbox one both sold more than the wiiU's life time sales. In two weeks the PS4 is half that of the wiiU's international lifetime sales. The wiiU's best week sold just over 500K units. This week is the wiiU's best week with just over 110k. The wiiU's sales would have to pick up nearly 3 fold in order for the 22m predication to be valid. If its sales for this week were sustained all year, it would be shy of your 22m by 10million units. Based on previous sales, if it sustains the same figures that it did last year. They will reach maybe 8 million. Excluding the launch (2 weeks of rediculous sales comparitively), the wiiU has sold 3.1 million units. So I would say 9.5 might even be an optimistic prediction. 

bolded: no.

bolded 2: fallacy, altough ps4 had an amazing launch, this ratio is due to wii u's low 2013 sales. looking at it more logicaly, ps4 should end up 2013 with under 3M. in other words, just 33% more than wii u in 2012. see the difference? of course you do.

the fact is that sales are picking up for wii u and there's a huge amount of titles already announced for 2014.

DerNebel said:
Zero999 said:

the moment i said i expected the number to be closer to that prediction instead of seece's, it was very clear i didn't expect 9.3m anymore.

So? He predictet 7 million first, then changed it to 6-6.5 million, you did the exact same thing, you predicted 9.3 million and at some that no one has seen, you have changed your prediction to something apparently nobody is allowed to know. And if your comment was so clear then I wonder why people in the thread have still been under the impression that 9.3 mio was your prediction, maybe it wasn't clear after all.

Also let me tell you something, you are nothing but an overly rude, arrogant person without anything to back that attitude up, you have absolutely zero grasp of in what kinda position the Wii U is on the market and you have no idea what the Wii Us problems really are, all of this is indicated by you being wrong on literally every single fucking Wii U sales prediction you have ever made, so seriously you are in absolutely no position to insult the intelligence of any user on this site ever, yet you constantly resort to doing just that. For fucks sake, stop that already.

the bolded part couldn't make less sence.

YOU SAID THAT I LIED ABOUT SEECE'S MAKING A 7M PREDICTION. I SAID IT WASN'T A LIE, HE DID MAKE IT. THEN YOU RESPOND WITH THIS ILOGICAL AND UNRELATED NONSENSE?

This time next year, so including this holiday but not the next. Well, why not:

PS4: 11m
WiiU: 11m
XOne: 7m

3DS: 52m
PSV: 10m

Subject to change in January.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
DerNebel said:
Zero999 said:

YOU SAID THAT I LIED ABOUT SEECE'S MAKING A 7M PREDICTION. I SAID IT WASN'T A LIE, HE DID MAKE IT. THEN YOU RESPOND WITH THIS ILOGICAL AND UNRELATED NONSENSE?

And you did make that 9.3 million prediction. But you called me a liar when I used that, subtracted the 4 million Wii Us we're at now and thus arrived at 5.3 million units sold in the last week of November + December, since you had apparently already changed your prediction again at that point. You did the exact same thing, you took Seece's prediction and assumed it was up to date, he then simply told you that you were wrong and what his new prediction was. If you can't understand that then you might have to polish up your english skills a bit...genius. ;)

But I see that you have now finally come out and said that your new prediction (for now) is below 8 million, does that mean that you're now ready to take responsibilty for your words, since Seece's "super pessmistic" 7 million prediction, is even in your eyes going to be closer to the reality than your previous 9.3 million prediction? You know what? Don't answer that, I can pretty much imagine already what you're going to say.

PS4: 12m
WiiU: 7.4m
XB1: 8.5m
3DS: 54m
PSV: 9m

DerNebel said:
Zero999 said:
DerNebel said:
Zero999 said:

And you did make that 9.3 million prediction. But you called me a liar when I used that, subtracted the 4 million Wii Us we're at now and thus arrived at 5.3 million units sold in the last week of November + December, since you had apparently already changed your prediction again at that point. You did the exact same thing, you took Seece's prediction and assumed it was up to date, he then simply told you that you were wrong and what his new prediction was. If you can't understand that then you might have to polish up your english skills a bit...genius. ;)

But I see that you have now finally come out and said that your new prediction (for now) is below 8 million, does that mean that you're now ready to take responsibilty for your words, since Seece's "super pessmistic" 7 million prediction, is even in your eyes going to be closer to the reality than your previous 9.3 million prediction? You know what? Don't answer that, I can pretty much imagine already what you're going to say.

I made the 9.3 m prediction at the very beggining of november wich would put it roughly at 2m nov and 3m december. you're the one who came full of nonsense saying i expected 5m in december.

bolded 2: WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? SEECE SAID HE EXPECTED 7M A WHILE AGO. WHEN HE LOWERED IT TO 6M A FEW DAYS AGO, I MERELY CONFIRMED THAT HE WAS LOWERING IT. HOW IS THAT "you took Seece's prediction and assumed it was up to date"? I MADE HIM A QUESTION AND GOT AN ANSWER, CAN YOU UNDERSTAND THAT?

Zero999 said:
DerNebel said:

I made the 9.3 m prediction at the very beggining of november wich would put it roughly at 2m nov and 3m december. you're the one who came full of nonsense saying i expected 5m in december.

bolded 2: WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? SEECE SAID HE EXPECTED 7M A WHILE AGO. WHEN HE LOWERED IT TO 6M A FEW DAYS AGO, I MERELY CONFIRMED THAT HE WAS LOWERING IT. HOW IS THAT "you took Seece's prediction and assumed it was up to date"? I MADE HIM A QUESTION AND GOT AN ANSWER, CAN YOU UNDERSTAND THAT?

You made it at the beginning of November and restated that you still believe in 9.3 million or at the very least strongely suggested that you still believed in that 5 days ago, by once again that post:

"Of course my original 10M prediction won't happen, i even told you that quite a while ago. when i made that prediction I also said 9M was a worse case scenario. and recently, on the 10 week countdown, my prediction would put wii u at around 9.3M by the end of the year."

If you didn't believe in that prediction anymore why didn't you say that? Why didn't you just state your most recent prediction like Seece did? All you basically said was: "What if my prediction is more accurate then yours, Seece?" That is not, saying that you don't believe in that prediction anymore, not in the slightest.

Also do you not realize that before you asked him, you said:

"the big point is, are you ready to take responsability for your words when your super pessimistic 7M prediction is less accurate than mine?"

You called it his prediction, you assumed that this was his prediction, do you understand? And sure you asked him if 6 million was his new prediction after he stated it was, but look at what I did

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5858007

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5858041

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5858557

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5859259

I asked you 4 times what your new predictions was and you didn't answer once and instead repeatedly called me a liar, even though all I did was use the numbers that considering all indications, I had every right to believe were still up to date.

But you know what, I won't bother responding anymore after this, this discussion is completely pointless. I might as well talk to a brick wall, that would probably be a discussion more worthwile than what we've been having here.

Zero999 said:
Seece said:

7m - 8.15m - 9.3m

So do you think it'll be over 8.15m? See how I worded this? I'm asking you.

8.15m would be quite the comedown from your original 10.2m in June wouldn't it?

no, i don't think it will be over 8m anymore.

So your prediction is getting lower and lower and is on par with what mine was less than a month ago. Well at least you have the grace to admit things aren't shaping up how you'd expect, unlike someone else who is sticking to their 12m end of year prediction.

IF Black Friday results (US) show about 300k WiiU, will you admit it'll be under 6m for the year?