By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Where should Nintendo go from here? How can they take back the Console Crown?!

First, they should dicth big publishers or gaming media, they just can't be thrusted. So, they have to know that they are all by themselves now.

Second, stop marketing the wiiu for retards. Really, all 3DS ads seems cool, even for kids, but the pitch makes me miss the dubsteps commercials.

Use their IP's better. Nintendo has a bunch of ips that they don't put to good use since a while. Remenber when 3DS was lacking games and they put some eshop games like pushmo, roller dylon? They should put more of those out. Its incridible how the best ips that could use the gamepad don't even get announced(fatal frame, metroid, battalion wars, star fox). And please, advertise those games properly, not only mario and pokemom.

Embrace indies, the ones that can be trhusted to fill their gaps.

Embrace emerging countries. Here, the price account much more than out there.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mensrea said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Nintendo only held the console crown when they had third parties. I don't know how you guys can ignore the obvious so badly. The Wii reached a great number of people but the chances of them coming back for a true gaming experience is slim to none.

They held the console crown with the Wii.

The reached an audience who doesn't care for gaming outside of a passing fling. Those people will not return, which is why Nintendo will have an uphill battle in gaining respect from the people they neglected. Its the same reason the PS4 and Xbone wont have such a hard time compared. You'll have to see what I mean in time. Most people just don't get it.

I do agree with you, but that doesn't change the fact that the Wii held the crown last gen. Most profits, most consoles sold, etc.

Mensrea said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mensrea said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Nintendo only held the console crown when they had third parties. I don't know how you guys can ignore the obvious so badly. The Wii reached a great number of people but the chances of them coming back for a true gaming experience is slim to none.

They held the console crown with the Wii.

The reached an audience who doesn't care for gaming outside of a passing fling. Those people will not return, which is why Nintendo will have an uphill battle in gaining respect from the people they neglected. Its the same reason the PS4 and Xbone wont have such a hard time compared. You'll have to see what I mean in time. Most people just don't get it.

I do agree with you, but that doesn't change the fact that the Wii held the crown last gen. Most profits, most consoles sold, etc.

Never argued that, but theres a reason why people overlook those factors. Its amazing how a console who sells so much could be so overlooked compared to the competition.

They don't need to. They will still be awesome and relevant even in 30 years from now. I don't really mind if Xbox One or PS4 sells more, look at those games released in the holidays. Everybody doubted Nintendo for 3D World, and now the game is one of the highest-rated game of the year. And Zelda is also super-high rated compared to the lackluster games of PS4 and XBOne launch. We should be confident in them and keep playing their games, enjoying Wii U for the excellent system it is. Nintendo never stopped creating awesome games for Gamecube even if its sales never picked up...

The first thing they need to do is another price cut for the Wii U. Period. Unless you really are into Nintendo's games, doesn't make much sense to pay $300 for it when you can get a PS3 bundled with two games for $250, with BluRay capabilities and seven years worth of games to back it up. And this is coming from someone who really likes the Wii U concept, and who will eventually buy one (when it is a lot more affordable and has more games).

After that, they really need to start planning VERY CAREFULLY their strategy for the 9th generation.

Around the Network
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

That is true, but then your favorite console would get discontinued and you didnt even knew why. The Saturn was pretty popular in Portugal back in the day. All of a sudden, there was no choice but to get a Playstation cause games stopped coming out for the Saturn.

Atm, my advice to Nintendo is buy SEGA. Despite this backfiring on me personally. Have SEGA restructured, with more teams working on some of their popular IP's and make the Wii U and the next console the only place where you can play Nintendo and SEGA games.

It's hard because you can't just greenlit a game, anything starting now won't be ready until 2015/16 which doesn't do a lot of good to a struggling console.

If the system is still struggling at the beginning of the New Year ... I'd start prepping for a "nuclear option" which I mentioned in the other thread

- Drop the expensive gamepad as standard. $199.99 SKU w/NSMBU + Wii Sports Club (tennis and bowling for free) bundled with the system. Release this new bundle alongside Mario Kart 8 in April.

- Keep the tablet gamepad around as an option for those who want it. Bundled with a new updated Nintendo Land v.2.0 with a few new attractions (Kid Icarus, Wave Race, etc.). $89.99 all together. Existing Wii U owners get Nintendo Land 2 for free as a thank you.

- Fan service. Give the fans the dark, edgy Zelda game they've been clamouring for. Indulging in the creative fetishes of designers when a system is going great is one thing, but when it's not, it's time to get realistic and go for what sells. Sorry Aonuma, if that's not the Zelda style you wanted to make up. Suck it up and make a great game anyway. Unveil it at the VGX awards.

- Cloud in Super Smash Bros. Why not. Again, fan service, it will generate a lot of crazy hype.

- Pre-order Bayonetta 2, and you get Bayonetta: Director's Cut for free several months before from the eShop. Pre-order X and you get Xenoblade HD for free from the eShop several months before. Gotta incentivize these types of games as they're likely to struggle to find an audience otherwise.

Nintendo should be shitting out bricks and all right now. They have a product that hasn't resonated with the market. I have no idea how they are going to get out of this hole

FrancisNobleman said:
microsoft and sony are the ones who gotta fight to take that crown back.

Wii U is still above any of the other consoles, so, until it gets surpassed this thread title is misleading.

Reported :p

You reported him for this thread? Jeez, overreaction much? 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
FrancisNobleman said:
microsoft and sony are the ones who gotta fight to take that crown back.

Wii U is still above any of the other consoles, so, until it gets surpassed this thread title is misleading.

Reported :p

You reported him for this thread? Jeez, overreaction much? 

one word: sarcasm

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.