By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Where should Nintendo go from here? How can they take back the Console Crown?!

I'm not saying the Wii U isn't going to pull off some nice profits in the end for Nintendo.  But it's clear right now that Xbox and Playstation brands have swallowed up the majority gaming audience.  I didn't think(yet i knew i'd be wrong) consumers would pay $400+ for a system crispier looking than the one they own.  Of coarse that was dumb because i spent $800 on a nextgen quality pc 2 years ago.  So, here we are.. Xbox One and Playstation 4 kicked ass right out of the gate and made mucho dinero for 3rd parties.  Wii U is not going to take 1st place, so I ask, What can Nintendo do to have the No. 1 home console?  

It could be anything.  Let's hear your thoughts.. 

Around the Network

This:

http://youtu.be/t_4A_uClLSU

Well, this is new.

Read.

They need some new games and shit load more third party support.

]

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

I think Nintendo is having an identity crisis. Nintendo is trying to regain their hardcore audience with the Wii U but they're still marketing it for casual gamers. I don't think they should abandon the Wii U but they should rebrand it, make normal controllers again, and get a Zelda game or some hot games to move the system off shelves.

Around the Network

microsoft and sony are the ones who gotta fight to take that crown back.

Wii U is still above any of the other consoles, so, until it gets surpassed this thread title is misleading.

Reported :p

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Watch out mang, two face will come after you now ;(

Basil's YouTube Channel

Nintendo only held the console crown when they had third parties. I don't know how you guys can ignore the obvious so badly. The Wii reached a great number of people but the chances of them coming back for a true gaming experience is slim to none.

My guess is that they should focus on having a low-cost console. The ideal range would be for their hardware to cost roughly half that of their competitors, without selling it for a loss. If this means less power, so be it.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Nintendo only held the console crown when they had third parties. I don't know how you guys can ignore the obvious so badly. The Wii reached a great number of people but the chances of them coming back for a true gaming experience is slim to none.

They held the console crown with the Wii.