By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Wii U get discontinued soon??

ryuzaki57 said:
dahuman said:
ryuzaki57 said:
EricFabian said:
ryuzaki57 said:
It begins.

But I agree, they will be forced to discontinue it if the holiday sales are poor

Vita too

Vita has more 3rd party support than any other system in Japan

Yeah and you know what kind of games too /wink hehehehehehe....

All type of games actually. And, when we're at it, here are two of the rare 3DS games scheduled for 2014 in Japan

http://gematsu.com/2013/07/super-sonico-games-announced-ps3-3ds

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/10/saucy_jrpg_toushin_toshi_ii_is_getting_remade_for_the_nintendo_3ds

So what was your issue again?

I don't remember mentioning the 3DS you silly silly Sony Defense Force member. -_^b There are a lot of *cough* interesting games on Vita though hehe.

Around the Network

I think it will. It has been a huge failure and will not get any better.

Wii U won't be discontinued. Super Mario 3D world is only 1st system seller game, just imagine

1. Zelda Wii U
2. Xenoblade
3. Metroid
4. Mario Kart
5. Donkey Kong
6. Smash Brothers
7. StarFox

These 7 would sell hardware like 300k/week

and yes, one more thing: Japanese won't surrender.....yeah because they are Japanese...

ziratul said:

Wii U won't be discontinued. Super Mario 3D world is only 1st system seller game, just imagine

1. Zelda Wii U
2. Xenoblade (I guess you mean X)
3. Metroid

4. Mario Kart
5. Donkey Kong
6. Smash Brothers
7. StarFox

and yes, one more thing: Japanese won't surrender.....yeah because they are Japanese...

I doubt that the bolded would on their own move any significant amount of hardware.

Also I would love to know how you came to the conclusion that Zelda and Donkey Kong would move 300k Wii Us per week each while 3D Mario, which has always been bigger than those 2 franchises, just released and didn't even move half of that.

Prob not unless it keeps tanking in sales even worse then now.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
ziratul said:

1. Zelda Wii U
2. Xenoblade (I guess you mean X)
3. Metroid

4. Mario Kart
5. Donkey Kong
6. Smash Brothers
7. StarFox

I doubt that the bolded would on their own move any significant amount of hardware.

Also I would love to know how you came to the conclusion that Zelda and Donkey Kong would move 300k Wii Us per week each while 3D Mario, which has always been bigger than those 2 franchises, just released and didn't even move half of that.

When it comes to me, I doubt I'm gonna touch Wii U before it gets a Metroid Prime (4 or Trilogy HD), X, Mario Kart and at least 2 other core games (a TP style Zelda would count here). Mario, DK, SSB are totally indifferent for me. Sure, I'll pick them up once I own the console, but no matter how many titles from these series they release, I won't buy a console just for them. For me Metroid Prime > Mario.

Nintendo should start working on another FPS game (preferably with multi) and another RPG series. But most importantly - a Pokemon World with HD graphics would sell millions. And I mean bloody millions. A full-blown open-world Pokemon RPG would be a game that would singlehandedly move hundreds of thousands consoles in a very short time, millions in the long run. And the GamePad could really shine in this game. It's just a match made in heaven, wonder if Nintendo execs ever agree with me...

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Guy on my nation-wide ebay clone store wanted to exchange Wii U with 8 games (including pikmin 3, windwaker, nsmbu + others) for XBOX 360 250 GB + GTA V and FIFA 14 he asked few people who wanted to exchange their boxes for something else... both refused Wii U by saying (it has no games, games are expensive, no multiplayer) ... SAD.

I won't be discontinued, but if sales are dissapointing this holiday and games like Mario 3D World are suffering because there is not enough of a userbase to give those games adequete sales, then something must be done and quickly.

I'd quickly transition the Wii U into "Wii 2" basically, remove the tablet pad as standard, but keep it around as an option. That should save you $60+ on manufacturing cost. Another few months and a $50 price reduction was likely going to happen anyway -- so voila, that should let you get to $199.99.

$199.99 US is the price where Nintendo can gain some traction IMO. Keep NSMBU bundled add in Wii Sports Club (tennis, bowling, golf, for free, other sports can be downloaded) also. Release this alongside Mario Kart 8.

Create a unified Nintendo Network ID for Wii U and 3DS. Unify Club Nintendo to this account too. For loyal Nintendo owners and people who buy third party games or tougher sell titles like Bayonetta 2 and Assassin's Creed IV -- reward these folkes with nice but cost effective bonuses. Start to build a community of "premium fans".

Buy out exclusives on indie games like That 90s Racer ... it's probably Nintendo's best bet for getting quick content.

This thread, why you no dead yet!?

So they have these troll thread's here too ? Also wii u isn't going any where, but i can see the tablet getting the ax next year, so it can take a massive price cut. Looking at the 3ds play book, which got rid of the 3d to make a cheaper model. I think they will announce "wii u pro" next year with no tablet for 50-80$ cheaper,maybe with a xenoblade HD pack in.