By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Wii U get discontinued soon??

becaus I never ownd a wii and haven't played anything else than wii sports I have to say that Even if I would know that the wii u gets discontinued lets say by end of 2015 I would still want one over a xbox one or a playstation 4 right now.
because there are atleast 20 wii games and by end of 2014 about 15 games which are worth buying and I think that is def. an amount of games that justifies the purchase of a wii u

Around the Network
aikohualda said:
toastboy44562 said:
ziratul said:
Sold my Wii U and I am happy

Wasn't there negative sales in europe one week from people doing that? Or was that a joke?

the only negative sale i can think off is when more people return the product more than other people buying a new wii u... which is almost impossible to happen

selling a wii u wont make  negative sales....

That's what I'm saying. A couple months ago i think the Wii U was selling ~10k a week in all of europe so it might just be possible a bunch of people returned theirs

toastboy44562 said:
aikohualda said:
toastboy44562 said:
ziratul said:
Sold my Wii U and I am happy

Wasn't there negative sales in europe one week from people doing that? Or was that a joke?

the only negative sale i can think off is when more people return the product more than other people buying a new wii u... which is almost impossible to happen

selling a wii u wont make  negative sales....

That's what I'm saying. A couple months ago i think the Wii U was selling ~10k a week in all of europe so it might just be possible a bunch of people returned theirs

It did -10k last quarter in Europe and -10k rest of world. Basically stores shipped units back to Nintendo since they ordered too many units the previous quarter.

wow.

Another "nintendo is doomed" thread.

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

"-Tablet controller is weird, if I wanted to use a tablet for gaming I would just buy a samsung tablet or Ipad"

Its not a tablet controller. For the last time.

Its a gamepad. A controller with a touchscreen,
it is not made for portable gaming, it is not trying to compere with samsung or apple for the mobile market, and it is certainly a whole lot more capable as a gaming accessory than an ipad

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

Around the Network

I think its ridiculous to think the WiiU will get discontinued any time soon. The sales for the first year compared to the 360 is not bad and I think once it will get good games it will pickup in sales drastically. Myself I'm considering the WiiU, I tried the PS4 with knack and I was very much underwhelmed with the console.