By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Wii U get discontinued soon??

ryuzaki57 said:
EricFabian said:
ryuzaki57 said:
It begins.

But I agree, they will be forced to discontinue it if the holiday sales are poor

Vita too

Vita has more 3rd party support than any other system in Japan

and still has only 15% of markeshare

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
Seece said:
Zero999 said:
Seece said:
Zero999 said:
Seece said:

He obviously genuinely believes there are more unsold WiiU's out there than sold.

Have you ever heard such a thing? Retailers ordering more stock over the next 6 weeks than they've EVER sold since its launch.

fallacy, typical of you. this would only apply when the number since launch is higher.

Well it's what you expect. There are 4m sold, you expect 6m to be made, in warehouses and retailer stores ect.

how could I possibly expect 6M to be made?

You're expecting 10m end of the year, oh wait did you lower it to 9.3m? I guess you expect 5m made then :P

ignoring your petty tries of mocking me, that doesn't mean ALL those units have to be manufactured starting now.

With assembly, packing, distribution including 2-3 weeks delivery for shipments (the majority beeing by sea with consumer electronics), warehouse allotment and finally; internal logistics actually freighting the units to the retailer, those units would have to have been manufactured in early-mid October at the latest. This despite the 9 million fiscal forecast in March and retailers all over actually returning shipments from the initial, very first shipment in November 2012.

I'm going to choose to believe that you're some sort of comedian, I refuse to believe that anyone can be as thoroughly lost as you appear to be these days. For your own sake, I think it would be best to take a break from all this, all you're doing is producing yet more embarrassing quotes people can fling at you in the coming months.

KylieDog said:
dahuman said:
A.) Nintendo has money.
B.) Nintendo Games.
C.) Nintendo Games.
D.) More Fucking Nintendo Games.
E.) Crack Cocaine is Bad for You.

They had the virtual boy too.  Proof they will discontinue products early!

That, was a real pile of shit, at least Wii U is not that, thank goodness.

I disagree, Wii U has a whole life span to do yet. Out of the 3 next gen games, it's so much cheaper and already has some amazing games out. Nintendo will be behind it all the way, even if it does as well as the gamecube did

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

The irony here is people are arguing this point yet the U's sales in the past few weeks has been increasing, last week was a few thousand short of 360's WW sales.

Around the Network

Hahahahaha

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

No way! They will ride out wii u for 5-6 yrs. No its probably not going to be crazy popular for another year or so but as soon as xbox1 and ps4 get there base built up it will become everyones second console. It just came out too early. In another year or so it will be a little cheaper and there will be more games and a large number of people will have bought there primary system. Thats when the wii u will do well. I think in the end the wii u will sale about 50 million and it will make nintendo a nice profit.

toastboy44562 said:

I think it's unwise to buy a Wii U. You never know if it might get discontinued in a year or two..

-Nintendo stopped production on the original Wii (which had similar sales to Wii U at the time)

-Each Wii U is sold at a loss while the Wii was sold for profit

-Xbox 360/ PS3 are selling better than Wii U despite the older systems being just as expensive

-PS4 and Xbox One just launched

-Despite new games and a price cut happening Wii U sales haven't really picked up

-Even if the system was cheaper I don't think anyone would buy it, it doesn't have that casual feeling the Wii did

-Does not play DVDs or blue rays so price can be justified

-Tablet controller is weird, if I wanted to use a tablet for gaming I would just buy a samsung tablet or Ipad

-Same or even less 3rd party support than the GameCube

Nintendo themselves aren't even releasing THAT many games for the system. Most are for 3DS (Which is pretty dope btw).

What do you think? Will the Wii U get discontinued in a couple years similar to dreamcast?

Please for the love of all that is holy be a microsoft fan boy, and not a sony supporter cause otherwise we are gonna have to kick you out the club your embarassing us all just stop it already, that is all have a nice day :)

Wyrdness said:
The irony here is people are arguing this point yet the U's sales in the past few weeks has been increasing, last week was a few thousand short of 360's WW sales.

Do you own a calendar? We're almost in December, every console ever released in the history of gaming gets a holiday boost. The boost is percentage-wise perfectly normal, the baseline is so low, however, that it makes a very small impact overall.

The only weird thing here is that people are using holiday boosts as the sign of the second coming. You're right though; it was only a few thousand short of the 360, that has been on the market for 8 years and has been plummeting yoy for some time. Hooray? It still managed only half of the PS3's number and the PS4 likely beat the Wii U's entire European lifetime sales in a single day and next week will see some fairly heavy Black Friday boosts for the PS3 and 360 with amazing deals at all major retailers.

Now, I'm not agreeing with the OP, discontinuing it now would be ridiculous and a proper waste. But, there is no reason to treat holiday boosts as a miracle.

gergroy said:
Nope. The wii u isnt going anywhere soon.

Instead of discontinuing the wii u, if nintendo was smart they would integrate their successfull handheld software with the wii u hardware. Seriously! I thought that was going to be the whole point of having a tablet controller! Why hasnt nintendo linked the wii u and 3ds acounts and enable software purchased for the 3ds to be playable on the wii u already? Seems like such a duh move! At the very least make it so that the virtual console software can be shared!

Yup completly agree, they might think it would reduce the 3ds sales and weaken the 3ds brand. The wiiU will not be discontinued simply because nintendo still has a lot o money in the bank, but they will simply start making less and less games for it until it doens't matter.