By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - You all will be disappointed by Xbox One sales (I can't wait for the truth to come out)

Honestly I do hope the new Xbox fails and for one simple reason. Microsoft is out of touch with it's audience and even though they reversed their initial stance, they still showed their true colors once again. Their products are trash, I have had to replace my 360 twice, have gone through about 4 controllers, and if anyone has an original 360 in great working condition, then they are either lucky, or don't use it. Compare that to my SNES, PS2, and Wii all of which still work great and are considered ancient tech. The 1st Kinect was all hype and was barely supported and barely worked. This honestly isn't a fan boy rant because I bought a 360 a few months after launch and from that time until now Microsoft has annoyed me to the point that I wont even consider getting the X1. I will say the 1st 2 -3 years were great but it has been all downhill since then. So yes, I hope they fail so they can get their act together and eventually create a quality console with good games, that actually does what they say it will.

Around the Network

good luck for the truth of what you wish...

yvanjean said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Now that them anti-consumer stuff got 180'ed, there's no reason to want the XB1 to fail, unless you're into that console war nonsense. Any real gamer would want all systems to do well, XB1 included, so let us hope the system has the best first week ever!

I disagree I'm tired of a three consoles war, I actually don't support all three consoles because I simply don't have the time. I can't wait for next gen were cloud gaming will make console obsolete and the focus will only be on the games.

You don't have to buy every system lol.

toastboy44562 said:

I can see why you think that BUT:

-There were still 7 hours left in the US when they announced that

-Game preorders for Xbox One were similar to PS4's preorders even though all the games have been out for other systems a whole week later and Xbox One costs more too.

-Xbox One launched after PS4 which means that they should have supplied more worldwide

-Microsoft said MORE than one million sold in LESS than 24 hours. Which means that in less than 24 hours they could have sold 1.1 million or 1.5 million...who knows?? Probably somewhere in between

That is nothing more than PR talk. These kinds of statements are carefully crafted to give the most positive message that can be truthfully conveyed. Saying "more than a million" sounds a decent amount better than simply "a million", even though that "more" could be a single unit. If it was 1.5 million, or even 1.1 million, you can bet your ass they would have said so in order to 1 up Sony. Their lack of boasting would suggest they are at the very least a fraction behind.

I say the opposite.

It sold around 200-300k in europe and 700-800k in US.

Good sales but PS4 US+ europe numbers will make xbox one numbers look unimpressive

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

It looks like a good launch anyway you see it, even if PS4 looks stronger atm.

Toastyboy - MS said that based on shipments and assumed sell out. Also, your acting like MOREreally means anything. Sony said More too. Also, 7 hours isnt really going to make a difference. Probably 80% of sales came from midnight launch and a couple hours after stores opened

Max King of the Wild said:
Toastyboy - MS said that based on shipments and assumed sell out. Also, your acting like MOREreally means anything. Sony said More too. Also, 7 hours isnt really going to make a difference. Probably 80% of sales came from midnight launch and a couple hours after stores opened

Many people thar say microsoft only sold 600k in US also say there are many on shelves not being touched. 

toastboy44562 said:

Many people thar say microsoft only sold 600k in US also say there are many on shelves not being touched. 

They are over exaggerating stock levels obviously. They did have some on shelves Sunday morning. But not enough to easily find one.

i didnt really see much talk about if XB1 didnt sell much more that 1M on here it sold whatever MS said it did and what Nov NPD will display

regardless we all knew 1st week sales would be huge for both consoles i dont care about first week sales most are resold for profits on ebay i more interested in end of 2013 sales and total 2014

can XB1 outsell PS4 WW end of this year? and what will there totals be for 2014? will XB1 even be able to keep its home ground sales advantage in US?... i dont think SO!

Play Me