By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - You all will be disappointed by Xbox One sales (I can't wait for the truth to come out)

It did OK,. but the competition is doing a lot better... it's going to get worse in europe for MS. Their only hope is to try to salvage the US. Also, nothing in your post is fact, pure peculation, considering there is a LOT of stock left in stores for x1

Around the Network
toastboy44562 said:

All of you guys and gals who are hoping that Xbox One only sells 600k In North America and and 1 million worldwide first week are set for disappointment. VGChartz is predicting the Xbox One will sell 900k first week in US and 1.2-1.5 million worldwide, I think that's acurate. 

With Xbox One selling around 900k in the US and selling around 100k in Canada and Mexico that is 1 million in North America alone. The system sold 150k in the UK and that accounts for around 40% of Microsoft's sales in Europe which would mean that the Xbox One sold around 400k first week in Europe.

My prediction is Xbox One sold 1.4 million in the first two days of sale (first week). That is not counting first week of Japan sales and the rest of the world.

All of you guys who are hoping that the Xbox One fails will be in for disappointed, just sayin'

Most people forget to take into account that the Xbox One cost more..... and is probably profitable compare to the PS4. IF the Xbox One can get sales any where close to the PS4 and keep up to PS4 they are the winner. I think Xbox One will have less early adopter because of un-certainty. I'm waiting for the system to prove itselft before I fork over any $$$.

yvanjean said:
toastboy44562 said:

All of you guys and gals who are hoping that Xbox One only sells 600k In North America and and 1 million worldwide first week are set for disappointment. VGChartz is predicting the Xbox One will sell 900k first week in US and 1.2-1.5 million worldwide, I think that's acurate. 

With Xbox One selling around 900k in the US and selling around 100k in Canada and Mexico that is 1 million in North America alone. The system sold 150k in the UK and that accounts for around 40% of Microsoft's sales in Europe which would mean that the Xbox One sold around 400k first week in Europe.

My prediction is Xbox One sold 1.4 million in the first two days of sale (first week). That is not counting first week of Japan sales and the rest of the world.

All of you guys who are hoping that the Xbox One fails will be in for disappointed, just sayin'

Most people forget to take into account that the Xbox One cost more..... and is probably profitable compare to the PS4. IF the Xbox One can get sales any where close to the PS4 and keep up to PS4 they are the winner. I think Xbox One will have less early adopter because of un-certainty. I'm waiting for the system to prove itselft before I fork over any $$$.

It doesn't work that way at all. Kinect drives the cost of the system up, then you have marketing R&D.........costing more does not mean more profit ask Sony with PS3...

Now that them anti-consumer stuff got 180'ed, there's no reason to want the XB1 to fail, unless you're into that console war nonsense. Any real gamer would want all systems to do well, XB1 included, so let us hope the system has the best first week ever!

MajorSeizure said:
yvanjean said:
toastboy44562 said:

It doesn't work that way at all. Kinect drives the cost of the system up, then you have marketing R&D.........costing more does not mean more profit ask Sony with PS3...

Oops my bad, I meant cost more to customer $500 compared to $400..... I actually think that the Xbox one is provitable while the PS4 is sold at a minor lost.

Around the Network

If XB1 sold 1 million in 24 Hours, out of which UK : 150 K, then most likely
US : 600-700 K
UK : 150 K
Rest : 150 K -250 K

additional sales increase, I believe will be proportional. Say, if the total sales for the first week 1.2-1.3 million, then the numbers should increase also by 20% - 30%, putting them at,

US : 720 K - 910 K
UK : 180 K - 195 K
Rest : 180 K - 325 K

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

toastboy44562 said:
colafitte said:

I'm one of the people I think you are refering to.... I'm no hoping anything, I wish Xbox One the best sales they can get. My prediction is based on information i get through internet.

If Xbox One sold 150k in UK from the 1 million total (more or less) announced by Microsoft, I assumed that the number of total Europe and Others might be around 350-400k, so....1 million minus 350-400k is something around 600-650 for North America.

Of course i might be wrong, but that's the risk to try to figure out sales numbers....

I can see why you think that BUT:

-There were still 7 hours left in the US when they announced that

-Game preorders for Xbox One were similar to PS4's preorders even though all the games have been out for other systems a whole week later

-Xbox One launched after PS4 which means that they should have supplied more worldwide

-Microsoft said MORE than one million sold in LESS than 24 hours. Which means that in less than 24 hours they could have sold 1.1 million or 1.5 million...who knows?? Probably somewhere in between

1.-The problem is that probably Xbox One suffered the same problem of PS4, being sold out in its first day, so i don't think Xbox One sold much more after the announcement by Microsoft.

2.-Game preorders were not that similar to ps4's... they were around 30-40% lower.

3.-This doesn't mean much, because both have more units than 1 million manufactured at launch and all of them were made months ago. The ps4 and xbox one that are going to be sold in the first week have been stored somewhere months ago. What i'm trying to say, is, a week is not enough to be an adavantage in production.

4.That's true, and i'm willing to accept that maybe they sold 1'1 million, even 1'2...(but i don't think so), but 1'5 is too much.

But, if it's more than 1 million exactly, just take the calculation that NA seems to be around 60-65% of the the launch sales....

Not sure about the title of this thread. "You all will be disappointed...". Apparently even those of us who hope the Xbox One does well :P

enditall727 said:

Edit: i think you should give examples of who you're talking about

I agree. OP should list the names of the suspects. That way, when they are proven wrong, we can personally humiliate them. Preferrably, the humilation would occur in front of family and loved ones. If the humilation is effective, then the family would be so ashamed that they would immediately disown the suspects in question. If all works as planned, then the suspects would fall into a deep depression and suicide on YouTube.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Now that them anti-consumer stuff got 180'ed, there's no reason to want the XB1 to fail, unless you're into that console war nonsense. Any real gamer would want all systems to do well, XB1 included, so let us hope the system has the best first week ever!

I disagree I'm tired of a three consoles war, I actually don't support all three consoles because I simply don't have the time. I can't wait for next gen were cloud gaming will make console obsolete and the focus will only be on the games.