By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - You all will be disappointed by Xbox One sales (I can't wait for the truth to come out)

The XBONE very well could have sold 2 million this week, but man are you jumping to conclusions with the data in the OP. VGCHARTZ's prediction was made a day or two before the XBONE went on sale. Using that prediction for anything now that we have official numbers is silly.

What we know is that in the first few days the system sold 150k in the UK and over a million world wide. Now if I did my math right using the 360 ratios from last week, 150k in the UK would be 922k USA plus Europe or just 489k in the states. Sure you have to factor in supply constraints and different ratios of desire for each market, but your prediction of 900k for the USA seems very high.

I'd guess 150k UK, 250k Europe (excluding UK), and 650k USA. 1,100k total first two days and slightly above that for first full week. Are my predictions correct? Probably not.

Around the Network

Dude are you awere you are comparing the sales  of a consola that lauched in 1 country against another that launched in 13???? and still couldnt beat ps4??? i wasnt going to post nothing fanboyish against xbox one , and i wont, but you are just a fantard, if xbox one sells 1k units in japan it will be a lot,  and not been able to outsell sony with the sales of 13 country, i think is says everything, anyway its not microsoft fault to have such retarded fans, so for microsoft a congratulation on the 1mill sales, both consoles did great so STFU and let real players do the gaming

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

Bohound said:

Dude are you awere you are comparing the sales  of a consola that lauched in 1 country against another that launched in 13???? and still couldnt beat ps4??? i wasnt going to post nothing fanboyish against xbox one , and i wont, but you are just a fantard, if xbox one sells 1k units in japan it will be a lot,  and not been able to outsell sony with the sales of 13 country, i think is says everything, anyway its not microsoft fault to have such retarded fans, so for microsoft a congratulation on the 1mill sales, both consoles did great so STFU and let real players do the gaming

You've had your account for over four years and this is your first post?

You honestly think the One sold over 1M in NA and MS didn't announce anything? Sorry, but that would never happen. MS wants to make their launch look on par with Sony's, hence the 1M announcement, even though it was 2 countries vs 13. If they had actually been able to pull off 1M in NA, like Sony, they would have made a 2nd announcement. Most likely the One has reached 600K-700K in NA.

thismeintiel said:

You honestly think the One sold over 1M in NA and MS didn't announce anything? Sorry, but that would never happen. MS wants to make their launch look on par with Sony's, hence the 1M announcement, even though it was 2 countries vs 13. If they had actually been able to pull off 1M in NA, like Sony, they would have made a 2nd announcement. Most likely the One has reached 600K-700K in NA.

Exactly this... This brings to mind the statements MS  would release for the 360. "xbox 360 is the number one selling consol for 40 straight weeks!!!!!!!" they would scream, and then hide a little blurb somewhere near the bottom that reads .....in north america.

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

Around the Network

I'm disappointed.

How stupid it is to say one console launched in 1 country and the other in 13,

They both made about a million units for launch. They just allocated the units differently.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Now that them anti-consumer stuff got 180'ed, there's no reason to want the XB1 to fail, unless you're into that console war nonsense. Any real gamer would want all systems to do well, XB1 included, so let us hope the system has the best first week ever!

One could argue that MS showed their hand with the whole online check and DRM/no used games thing and thus, is bad for the industry. Imagine if they got their way? The PS4 would have online checks, no used games and so would the next Nintendo system.

JoeTheBro said:
Bohound said:

You've had your account for over four years and this is your first post?

ROFL!!! xD

prayformojo said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Now that them anti-consumer stuff got 180'ed, there's no reason to want the XB1 to fail, unless you're into that console war nonsense. Any real gamer would want all systems to do well, XB1 included, so let us hope the system has the best first week ever!

One could argue that MS showed their hand with the whole online check and DRM/no used games thing and thus, is bad for the industry. Imagine if they got their way? The PS4 would have online checks, no used games and so would the next Nintendo system.

I guess we should also hate Germany still...

Don't kill me for the comparison!