By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Should we be umimpressed with XB1's 1 million sales, or super amazed with PS4 sales?

Tagged games:

Honestly I was expecting a bit more. 750k for NA, and 500k for Europe. 1.25m WW.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
We only care about total numbers. That's why we call PS3 a victory over 360 despite 360 being totally shunned in Japan.

Being totally shunned in the second(?) biggest gaming market doesn't sound like a way to victory to me..

Aielyn said:

Comparing to the Wii U doesn't make sense, just as comparing to the Xbox 360 doesn't make sense.

It's the first console of the gen, of course it makes sense, and I was simply saying that the Wii U had a great launch, so obviously the One also had a really fantastic launch.

Fusioncode said:
Honestly I was expecting a bit more. 750k for NA, and 500k for Europe. 1.25m WW.

1st week isnt over yet.

Ps4 had an amazing launch. It may even do more than twice as well out the gate.

Around the Network

Both are super impressive relative to last gen and that's what counts!

PS4 has gotten out of the gate very well, XB1 solidly. At the end of the day though we are talking about the the first meters of a marathon, what happens over the next few months is far more important.

The One had a really good launch. It's just going to be completely dwarfed by the PS4 when we get its EU numbers.

To those saying they are the same because MS would have sold 1M if it only launched in NA, that's a silly comparison. If Sony relocated all of their supply to NA, instead of launching in 20+ other countries next week, they probably would have sold ~3M.

I think its great all around atm. I don't think we can really judge while there are clear supply constraints for both systems.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Why is it hard to be really impressed with both consoles releases? Why choose one?