By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Should we be umimpressed with XB1's 1 million sales, or super amazed with PS4 sales?

Tagged games:

Any comparisons at this point are pointless. We can start drawing the first conclusions after the first week of PS4 sales in Europe, this is why:

NA = EU <- they are pretty much equal in terms of market size.

XO will be available 2 weeks in NA and 2 weeks in EU = 4 weeks. I know it's not available everywhere (fuck you MS!), but it is available in the largest markets and 2nd week sales mean more than the third's, so XO being out here for the 2nd week means more than PS4 being out for the 3rd week in NA.

PS4 will be out 3 weeks in NA and 1 week in EU = 4 weeks.

So now we will have both consoles available for 4 weeks in almost the same territory, since XO wouldn't sell like crazy in the countries that they ignored either way. That will be the time to start comparisons. Now both sides are grasping at straws and manipulating facts in their favour. We have to wait 11 more days and it will be undeniably clear who won the launch.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network
iamdeath said:
Capulous said:
iamdeath said:

BS, Major nelson and MS have SAID there is plenty of x1 stock available....Here most stores have multiple consoels still. MS split up their lauynch because they knew they could not match sony in NA, so they launched in 13 countries to try to make it sound like they are in as much demand.. MS sold 500-600K max and never sold out in NA.....The damand is NOT has highe for x1.

Fact is, if Sony launched in the same number of countries, they would have sold a lot more then MS.

Also wrong about PS beng around longer being relevant. Nintendo has been around way longer then both, yet wii-u is not selling much at all... Business is what have you done for me lately type of deal. Sony keeps PS relevant and strong.

Really? Where and when did they say that? Also, where are they available? I have a few friends who are looking to pick one up.

PS being around longer has a lot to do with. They built a big fanbase due to it; especially during the PS2 era. The experiences offered on the Nintendo consoles differs from the experience offered on the PS and Xbox. Nintendo tried to replicate their success from the wii by offering another new type of console gaming experience. They took a risk with the tablet and so far it does not have the success of it's predecessor.

MICROSFT said themselves they have stock available... GO to any forum, look on web sites, people are seeing many x1's still in stores..the x1 is in stock at a lot of places with multiple boxes left....The demand is NOT there like it is for PS4.

You are literally making this up as you go along and I have no idea why.  Nobody here is sayiing demand for the XBone is as high as the PS4 but nobody here is denying the reality that MS has sold thru their stock and while the occaisional console may popup as retailers let a few trickle out, it is  just plain silly for you to say otherwise.