By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - the "3DS and PS4 have won this gen" acceptance thread

Colltrain said:
This is a cute thread! I see it more as hopeful optimism...Because if Sony crash and burn this Gen you will be playing an xbox next gen (nice thought huh)

Playstation 3.5 has not won anything........

If Sony is going to crash anything, it's the competition this gen. It's going to be a hard generation for you hardcore Xbox fans, I can't wait, fun times ahead

See you when PS4 launches in Europe to record breaking numbers...

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network

where is this bullshit coming from. All we've seen is exactly what everyone knew was going to happen. PS4 sold out of launch day consoles... SHOCKER.... Means absolutely NOTHING. Wii U sold out of launch day consoles, the Dreamcast sold out of launch day consoles. The PS3 sold out of launch day consoles. Doesn't mean a thing. Only 3 new elements have come into play that haven't been EXACTLY AS EXPECTED

1) PS4 has launch day issues
2) PS4 game reviews are mediocre
3) PS4 OS and hardware experience has been clarified

That is hardly a winning trio.

Let's wait till next year, but i'm pretty sure you will be right.

We should wait 12 to 13 months for Home Consoles.

But yeah, the PS Vita has been out for 2 years, so we can claim the 3DS has won.

All Home Consoles are 3D Capable on pre-install firmware and 2014 is flooded with 3D Movies like never before.

Either way, 3D will dominate 2014 & 2015 & 2016 & beyond.

Accept it, 3D has won, and there nothing you can do about it haters.

That's really the only outcome I can see happening. MS couldn't beat a severely weakened Sony launch. A year late (year and a half in EU) and $200 more. I just don't see them winning against a Sony that is firing on all cylinders AND launching for $100 cheaper.

And while some like to downplay the launch sales by saying they don't always determine the winner, you really can't effectively downplay the largest console launch in NA history. And I expect the PS4 to break records when it launches in EU, as well. Maybe even Japan, a place where the Xbox One is going to be lucky hitting above 1M in lifetime sales, while the PS4 should do at least 10M.

Around the Network

Count me in.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Kaizar said:
We should wait 121 to 13 months for Home Consoles.

But yeah, the PS Vita has been out for 2 years, so we can claim the 3DS has won.

All Home Consoles are 3D Capable on pre-install firmware and 2014 is flooded with 3D Movies like never before.

Either way, 3D will dominate 2014 & 2015 & 2016 & beyond.

Accept it, 3D has won, and there nothing you can do about it haters.

Yes. I mean, Xbone doesn't seems to sell as hot as PS brand in Japan and Europe. And Nintendo, they didn't even try. When are they going to release their console?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Well of course the PS4 will win, so many exbox fans out there jumping ship myself included. I don't want stupid kinect, I don't want all in one entertainment I just want a gaming console with some apps like netflix.

That's all people, I don't even care about streaming but that doesn't cost an extra 100 so I don't care. PS4 all the way.