By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - the "3DS and PS4 have won this gen" acceptance thread

That's abit premature. Xbone isn't even out yet. Idc about the 3ds, soak it up for all I care, Nintendo needs to be relevant somehow.

Around the Network

3DS: won the gen.
PS4: not even close to determine that.

bobgamez said:

For those saying too soon, do you honestly, in your head think the xboxone has a chance? It has no japanese market what soever, it doesnt have a price or a games advantage, it has negative stigma from a lot of people, and microsoft might not be supporting it in a few years. Its in dangerous territories

Even then you ignored the first sentence of the thread. This for people who accept this fate, if you dont you dont have to be involved in this thread ;)

This.

Even if the Xbox One eventually pulls ahead and wins in the US, it won't win by as much as it did last gen and Xbox One has no chance in Europe, Japan, and many other regions that are pro Sony.

PS4 has already won.  #dealwithit

Nintendo can quit selling the 3DS for a few years and they'll have still won for the portable market.

@OP

So.........what the hell is the point of even making this thread then? For people who agree with you to sit around high fiving each other?

The 3DS has won the portable race, yes. That was never in contention, anymore than the DS was with PSP, and also no surprise to anybody.

The PS4, however, has just come out, and hasn't "won" anything. These silly ass threads really need to stop.

bananaking21 said:
The PS4 didnt win the gen. this gen is far from over. it will most probably win the holiday but the winner of this gen is still undecided.

yes it is too soon to claim this kind of things.

34 years playing games.

Around the Network
DevilRising said:
@OP

So.........what the hell is the point of even making this thread then? For people who agree with you to sit around high fiving each other?

The 3DS has won the portable race, yes. That was never in contention, anymore than the DS was with PSP, and also no surprise to anybody.

The PS4, however, has just come out, and hasn't "won" anything. These silly ass threads really need to stop.

yes exactly, didnt read you read the first sentence ;)

YOU'RE WRONG

WII U + VITA MASTER RACE

Now the Xbox is releasing I expect to see a lot of kinnect games being announced for the casuals, possibly a big market there. Even though its foolish to say Sony have won already if they released a popular fitness game tomorrow i would say they have it in the bag.

It is obvious, the PS4 won the generation.

Pure logic

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

For me it's more like Vita lost the gen, 3DS won't be anywhere near DS sales levels, it will do respectable numbers, but will be a dissapointment compared to DS.
As for home consoles, yes PS4 winning would be my guess as well. Xbone will beat it by max 5 million units in NA, PS4 grabs the rest of the world, europe and Japan where Xbone is even more non-existent than the 360.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!