By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - the "3DS and PS4 have won this gen" acceptance thread

brendude13 said:
YOU'RE WRONG

WII U + VITA MASTER RACE

Around the Network

PS4 hasn't won until its flat out outsold the Wii-U and Xbox One combined OR until the generation is over with in the lead.

But the 3DS has won.

3DS, yes. PS4, lets not jinx things.

This is a cute thread! I see it more as hopeful optimism...Because if Sony crash and burn this Gen you will be playing an xbox next gen (nice thought huh)

Playstation 3.5 has not won anything........

Colltrain said:
This is a cute thread! I see it more as hopeful optimism...Because if Sony crash and burn this Gen you will be playing an xbox next gen (nice thought huh)

Playstation 3.5 has not won anything........

Or the next Nintendo once they finally get over the massive screw-up of naming their new console after the Wii.

If Iwata doesn't name the next console the Ultra Nintendo Entertainment System or Hyper Nintendo Entertainment System though I really hope someone else pushes Nintendo to pull some of Sony and Microsoft's aggressive campaign styles.

The Nintendo console reveal in E3 2018 would be best if it included the lines: "We are Nintendo.  This is not the house of on-disc DLC, hidden fees, and consumer abuse. This is our house; and we cast ye demons out!"

Around the Network

Vita has lost already... :/

Ps4 has a great launch, like the Ps3 had, but WiiU will turn things once its games come out

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

I honestly believe it's to early to make this kind of statement. No pun intended..

I think that's pretty obvious at this point.. Even as a Nintendo fan and anti-Sony guy, I don't see any feasable way for Nintendo to catch PS4, though they really have no one to blame but themselves, so I can't feel too bad for them. They do have a chance to beat the Xbone though, which is a whole nother story..

EricFabian said:
eFKac said:
For me it's more like Vita lost the gen, 3DS won't be anywhere near DS sales levels, it will do respectable numbers, but will be a dissapointment compared to DS.
As for home consoles, yes PS4 winning would be my guess as well. Xbone will beat it by max 5 million units in NA, PS4 grabs the rest of the world, europe and Japan where Xbone is even more non-existent than the 360.

disapointment? Do you think PS3 sales are dissapointment?

Compared to PS2 sales? Of course. Again, on it's own just like the 3DS it sold respectable numbers and keeps selling. Overall for a PlayStation home console it sold bad, and didn't bring profit, it's an overall dissapointment from a business perspective.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

With 3ds... Without a doubt... with PS4... Can't yet

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850