By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony sells 1m PS3s in UK (faster than PS2)

Mars said:
MikeB said:
BKK2 said:
Confirmed Chart-Track:

MCV

The charts authority also confirmed that PS3 is to hit a million UK sales faster than its predecessor PS2."

VGChartz seems to have been way off...

Do you find that surprising ?

PS3 is undertracke in Europe while sales for others like India dont even count on here.

I believe you are right with regard to at least some European countries like Germany, France, and other Europe (Benelux, Austria, Switzerland, Eastern Europe) and maybe Italy as well.

I have no data for India other than I read reports of the PS3 outperforming the 360 there and the PS2 is leading in home console sales in India, the Playstation brand is most popular.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

So once it is adjusted I say

10 million NEXT week!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

i think this is shipped and how ps2 made it to 1million in 50 weeks is also shipped so vgchartz has it very good

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Interesting thread this. It seems the PS3 is gaining momentum in the UK, which until now had been a 360 stronghold. I think we can expect PS3 sales to be revised upwards soon.

I am largely platform agnostic. I fail to understand why some people get overly fanboyish about what is an inanimate piece of electronics that's obsolete even before it's launched, when there are far more important things to champion, such as preventing environmental destruction or preventing millions of people dying unnecessarily from illnesses. This fact however, doesn’t mean I am not someone who doesn’t enjoy gaming as a pastime (as I have done for the last 20 years) or doesn’t have a strong interest in how the market is evolving – hence my presence on this site.

Platforms owned – PC, DS, X-Box 360, PS3, PSP and Wii.

good for ps3 really good actually

gamertag Brainteeth

psn Brainteeth

ios Brainteeth

Nintendo Network Brainteeth

Instagram Brainteeth

Around the Network

Not to be mean or ungrateful cause i like this site but IF this is true then why can't ioi get accurate numbers from his own country? Makes me suspicious of this. What is the explanation for this discrepancy??

I really hope that if this news are confirmed,ioi make the proper adjustments and bring the numbers up,like he did when he drop the numbers with the Germany situation,I only want parity in the numbers treatment for PS3.

Saiyar said:
NJ5 said:
MikeB said:
gebx said:
Every news report on this states SONY REVEALED, or SONY CONFIRMED.

GFK was not mentioned once. They are shipped numbers until otherwise confirmed.

Chart Track covers the UK and they have spoken in support of Sony's announcement, read the quotes from comments within this thread.

What I see is: The charts authority also confirmed that PS3 is to hit a million UK sales faster than its predecessor PS2. Notice the bolded part.

I noticed that the bolded part is different to the original article if that is what you meant.

I hope you're not insinuating I changed it. They must have edited it at the website. Other people quoted that part before me too, so there you have your proof if you need it.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

numbers have been updated

Oh wow, a pretty big jump. Seems ioi increased both 360 and PS3 in the UK but gave PS3 the edge as stated by chart track.

EDIT= PS3 numbers have gone up in a couple of places, Spain being the next major increase.