By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 analog sticks are garbage

*sigh* Buying at launch seems like such a gamble these days.

Around the Network
yvanjean said:
green_sky said:

This explains all at least as far as OP is concerned. 

What do you guys mean by OP??

Original post or original poster

20happyballs said:
STRYKIE said:
scat398 said:
I cant stand the parralel analog sticks, you think they would have kept up with the times and made the appropriate changes.

Keeping up with the times =/= avoiding patents/licensing issues.  Do you honestly think Microsoft and Nintendo suddenly decided to move one stick way up left for ergonomic reasons?

At least Nintendo somewhat grew a brain with the Wii U Pro Controller and put both of them up top.

You sure that's the reason? Those other third party controllers don't seem to be having any legal problems.

However, even if that was the reason, I definitely much prefer the left stick being placed up higher. Its much more comfortable for my hand. With the PS4 controller, I have to constantly stretch my thumbs backwards for it to properly sit on the stick. This makes sense for the right hand, due to the wider range of motion usually required on that stick, but on the left hand it's better if the stick is placed higher. Your thumbs naturally aim upwards and so it makes sense to place that stick closer to where your thumb would naturally sit because that thumbstick is usually pointed up for most games anyways.

That being said, I still prefer the Xbox 360 controller. The PS4 controller is also less comfortable overall, but then I do have somewhat large hands. I actually loved the Original Xbox controllers. They are still the most comfortable controllers I've ever used. 

Nearly certain. I think it was terminated in 2005 after being deemed anti-competitive or something along with the Immersion lawsuit, which may explain Nintendo's adoption of symmetrical analog sticks with the Wii Classic Controller. I guess MS just decided to stay put since the 360 controller was well received.

If you've preferred the Xbox line of controllers from the get go, that's fine by me. My problem is with the apologist clowns that constantly hounded the original Duke controller as PS2 fanboys, but since switching to the 360, are welcoming the 360 controller with open arms and slandering the PS3 controller, even though it's fundamentally the same thing as the PS2 controller they once unanimously praised, lol.

As for me, I've adapted between so many controllers by now that I don't really have an opinion, I just find the talking point of "the rules of where the analog sticks should be" quite silly. Granted, that are some controllers that just step waaaay too far out of line.... *points to the N64*

Why has this never come up in any reviews of the Dualshock? Or any hands on that reviewers had with the Dualshock?

Here's a pic of Griffin.  Explains a lot.

Around the Network

One man's garbage is another 1,000,000's treasure.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Griffin said:
So in my xbox controller review thread i'm a sony fan and in this thread i'm a xbot, gotta love that logic. Maybe i'm a consumer who doesn't like untested merchandise. Already had to deal with the PS3 when that came out and how unrealible it was.

Please stop... people already have the DS4 in their home for two or three weeks in a row... everybody is using and just few isolates cases of what you said happened.

So buy the controller first and make the test... after that show what did happen.

And no... it is not a issue.

Soriku said:
Yeah man I tried the PS4 at Walmart today and it started melting as soon as I touched it. WTF!

Were your hands on fire? That could explain it I think.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Ganging up on the OP and calling him an Xbox fanboy won't change anything: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=711160

One of my closest friends pre-ordered a PS4 and stood in line to get the midnight launch. He got home and found out that the pack-in controller's left analog stick didn't work at all. Shit happens, but still. If I spent that much money on a console and then the controller didn't even work, I'd be pissed.