By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 analog sticks are garbage

From the gaf thread it sure seems that there is indeed a batch of controllers with softer rubber causing high degradation

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
30 seconds huh? Got acid fingers or something?

Why isn't this clear bullshit locked?

because it's funny. he claims he just made a sharp left turn with a test drive but the wheel fell off

20happyballs said:
STRYKIE said:
scat398 said:
I cant stand the parralel analog sticks, you think they would have kept up with the times and made the appropriate changes.

Keeping up with the times =/= avoiding patents/licensing issues.  Do you honestly think Microsoft and Nintendo suddenly decided to move one stick way up left for ergonomic reasons?

At least Nintendo somewhat grew a brain with the Wii U Pro Controller and put both of them up top.

You sure that's the reason? Those other third party controllers don't seem to be having any legal problems.

However, even if that was the reason, I definitely much prefer the left stick being placed up higher. Its much more comfortable for my hand. With the PS4 controller, I have to constantly stretch my thumbs backwards for it to properly sit on the stick. This makes sense for the right hand, due to the wider range of motion usually required on that stick, but on the left hand it's better if the stick is placed higher. Your thumbs naturally aim upwards and so it makes sense to place that stick closer to where your thumb would naturally sit because that thumbstick is usually pointed up for most games anyways.

That being said, I still prefer the Xbox 360 controller. The PS4 controller is also less comfortable overall, but then I do have somewhat large hands. I actually loved the Original Xbox controllers. They are still the most comfortable controllers I've ever used. 

Not being finny but if you loved the ORIGINAL XBOX controllers and feelt hat they were comfortable then you must indeed have VERY large hands....because I thought that was almost UNIVERALLY considered the worst controller ever lol.

I know we all have our on preferences but wow man lol. I do understand your postition though!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Went into my local GAME today, they have a big stall for the PS4 (currently contructing the Xbone one) controllers were on display and all I can think is... what are you on? For me, they only changed colour and burst into flames.

Hmm, pie.

NiKKoM said:

From the gaf thread it sure seems that there is indeed a batch of controllers with softer rubber causing high degradation

This pic reminds me of one of my GC Wavebird controllers that eventually cracked like this (except mine is on the top right side of the stick) from thousand of hours of playtime.

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:

Obvious Photoshop.

Nsanity said:
NiKKoM said:

Obvious Photoshop.

should the 100 or so owners of the Ps4 start posting pictures of their controller that they have no issue with and know exactly how it's been treated?

if you pound on a keyboard with ur fists youll think its garbage after it breaks. this good joke tho...i hope....

LOL. I'm thoroughly enjoying my ps4 controller, the sticks ensure that your thumbs never come off when gaming!

I had my chance to test a PS4 in store yesterday. My first impression of the controller was that it seemed cheap and low quality. Which I immediately assumed was because it is a demo model and they probably didn't use a standard issue DualShock controller with it?

Anyway, I didn't spend a lot of time messing about with the controller, because the PS4 itself was broken.

This generation is the first time I bought a system at launch when I bought the WiiU when it came out. I've had no problems with it, but do regret getting in so early since now I have now good reason to buy the Wind Waker bundle with it's awesome Zelda themed gamepad.

I am (was?) considering picking up either a Playstation 4 or an Xbox One this Christmas and become a two platform owner for the first time. So far it seems Sony and Microsoft are doing what they can to keep me as a one platform holder. I don't think I will ever buy a videogame system at launch again.