By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Excuse me...says Mario and Zelda reclaiming their positions!

cbarroso09 said:
trestres said:
cbarroso09 said:
Areym said:
cbarroso09 said:
Locknuts said:
In terms of quality software, Nintendo really is dominating. Unfortunately I see hype overshadowing them this Christmas, but the sales should still be very solid.

sorry, but what hype? if you mean the other 2 systems, all I see is a declining hype. It sometimes feel worst than the Wii U at launch

No. No it doesn't. 

i'll wait and see!

Wait and pray you mean. Because that's what you want to happen, not the other way around.

Of course i want that to happen. PS4 is just hyped, even the Wii U had more and better games at launch. BUt I guess gamers doesn't care about the games, just specs, graphics and sales. 

I thought this thread was about Mario and Zelda, now it's just pointless fanboy bashing. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, but you derail every single one of your threads into a stupid console war. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
cbarroso09 said:
trestres said:
cbarroso09 said:
Areym said:
cbarroso09 said:
Locknuts said:
In terms of quality software, Nintendo really is dominating. Unfortunately I see hype overshadowing them this Christmas, but the sales should still be very solid.

sorry, but what hype? if you mean the other 2 systems, all I see is a declining hype. It sometimes feel worst than the Wii U at launch

No. No it doesn't. 

i'll wait and see!

Wait and pray you mean. Because that's what you want to happen, not the other way around.

Of course i want that to happen. PS4 is just hyped, even the Wii U had more and better games at launch. BUt I guess gamers doesn't care about the games, just specs, graphics and sales. 

Or or, gamers want a next gen experience.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Areym said:
cbarroso09 said:
trestres said:
cbarroso09 said:
Areym said:
cbarroso09 said:
Locknuts said:

No. No it doesn't. 

i'll wait and see!

Or or, gamers want a next gen experience.

Next gen is so overrated nowadays, people want to buy a iphone 5 just to have a NEXT GEN experience

We reap what we sow

Not smart going up against the Xbone launch.

Fusioncode said:
cbarroso09 said:
trestres said:
cbarroso09 said:
Areym said:
cbarroso09 said:
Locknuts said:

No. No it doesn't. 

i'll wait and see!

I thought this thread was about Mario and Zelda, now it's just pointless fanboy bashing. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, but you derail every single one of your threads into a stupid console war. 

most of the time, I make a threat and just leave it to the people to discuss whatever they want. If i want to follow it, this will happen because it seems there can't be a threat about Wii U games without any other person saying Sony will rule. This thret is about 2 Nintendo games, i don't know how fans of other consoles come here to make a comment about it. Most of the time i see Sony and XBox threats to see what it the fuss about, but that is all. I know nothing about those systems so I can't make any comment about that. If you see most of my threats has nothing to do with other consoles, they have to do with other consoles. But that seems to be a problem for anybody else. I am very patiente and tolerant with people, but sometimes i just feel like saying whatever I want. Then I just realize it is not worthed. So, sorry aboout that. 

Around the Network
EricFabian said:
Dulfite said:

Yea maybe if the Wii U literally didn't sell another console for the rest of the year, then yea the ps4 selling more than the Wii U is very likely, but all you people in your ps4/xbone hype are forgetting the simple fact that Nintendo has been gearing up to go all out this holiday season and if history proves anything, Nintendo destroys the competition during the holidays.

1- I have a Wii U and I'm very happy with it

2- 3DS will be bestselling console this holidays. But Wii U won't. PS4 will sell more

3- Prepare the pan by generously greasing the inside using a pastry brush or paper towel and solid vegetable shortening. For best results, do not use butter, margarine or liquid vegetable shortening. Spread the shortening so that all indentations are covered.

4- Sprinkle about 2 Tablespoons of flour inside the pan and shake so that the flour covers all greased surfaces. Turn pan upside down and tap lightly to remove excess flour. If any uncovered spots remain, touch up with shortening and flour, or use Bake Easy™ Non-Stick Spray or Cake Release to coat the pan instead of grease and flour.

5- Pour batter into pan and place in pre-heated oven.

6- After cake has baked the specified time, remove it from the oven and let it cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.

7- Run a thin knife between the cake and side of the pan. Unmold from pan by placing on wire rack against cake and turning both cooling rack and pan over. Lift pan off carefully.

8- Cool at least one hour and brush off loose crumbs prior to icing.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Not smart going up against the Xbone launch.

I agree. As if the Wii U didn't drown enough, they chose to put their only hope up agains Xbone. Not to mention the PS4. 

Unless Nintendo manages to market the game so well that people actually notice that it exists, I don't see this game helping that much. And Nintendo's recent efforts haven't been the best when it comes to marketing. There's still that slim hope with MK and SSB, but it's just getting harder and harder.

cbarroso09 said:
Fusioncode said:
cbarroso09 said:

most of the time, I make a threat and just leave it to the people to discuss whatever they want. If i want to follow it, this will happen because it seems there can't be a threat about Wii U games without any other person saying Sony will rule. This thret is about 2 Nintendo games, i don't know how fans of other consoles come here to make a comment about it. Most of the time i see Sony and XBox threats to see what it the fuss about, but that is all. I know nothing about those systems so I can't make any comment about that. If you see most of my threats has nothing to do with other consoles, they have to do with other consoles. But that seems to be a problem for anybody else. I am very patiente and tolerant with people, but sometimes i just feel like saying whatever I want. Then I just realize it is not worthed. So, sorry aboout that. 

You do realize Lockednuts (whom you originally quoted) literally praised the Nintendo Line up over the other two? All he did was point out the obvious; Regardles of the games at launch, The PS4 and the Xbox 1 are coming out with a huge amount of hype behind them, probably cause of CoD, Battlefield, and AC: Black flag. Lockednuts was even optimistic about the Wii U sales and you turned it around, with a very passive aggressive jab and Sony and Microsoft.

OT: To avoid getting banned, ill get back on topic. I don't think Mario and Zelda have ever lost their positions as legendary franchises. I can't think of any other two franchises that have passed the test of time with their fans as well as these two. They are the flagships of the Nintendo Armada. It's up to Nintendo to utilize them properly, giving games that the fans want and also that the fans show support if the Wii U plans to be taken seriously this gen.

Maybe if I had purchsed a Wii U earlier I would have tried out Mario galaxy and Skyward sword/Twilight princess and really could have gotten behind them. I really like mario's portable games like the Mario and Luigi Saga. As for Zelda, like I've mentioned before, when I originally played A link in the past on an emulator (way back in '04 or 05) I was under the impression that Zelda games were RPGs. I quickly found out they weren't and never touched another Zelda game again...execept for the Minish Cap which I remember playing during computer classes in school.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

MegaDrive08 said:
Here in the UK Game are advertising the new Mario&Luigi bundle on tv as an epic deal, hopefully this will move a few units.

Dude!  I still haven't seen any Wii U or SM3dW commercials here in the states. WTF!

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

EricFabian said:
Dulfite said:
EricFabian said:
cbarroso09 said:

i'll wait and see!

PS4 already outsold Wii U (in 24 hrs). I do think that 3D World will be a sucess and will have demon legs but a lot of PS4/X1 game will outsell it easily

That's not true. PS4 outsold the Wii U's sales in North America in 2013 sales alone. A very specific category, by no means did the PS4 already sell roughly 4million units.

Will do by the end of the year. Anyway, KZ and BF4 will outsell 3D World this year

You can't sell more games then what your installed user base is.  Not only is SM3dW going to out sell ps4 and xbox1 games, it's also going to move consoles on top of the 4 million that have already been sold.  Do you think that the ps4 and xbox1 are going to have games with a 90-100% attachment rate?  I think not.

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto