By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Excuse me...says Mario and Zelda reclaiming their positions!

Despite Super Mario 3D World being launched the same day as the XBOX ONE, only Target has one XBOX ONE game (BF4) ahead of Mario. Everything else is Zelda and Mario bursting thrught the stars. Yeap, preoders doesn't mean that much, less when last week preorders Mario had only 65k according to VGChartz, but it is worth the looking. 

Walmart Best Seller Preorders,  Mario is #3.

Gamestop Best Seller Preoders, Mario is #4

Amazon Overal Best Sellers

Best Buy Best Sellers Preorders, Mario is #5

Target Best Sellers Preorders, Mario is #2

Around the Network

Should do about 250k opening week in US. Pretty sure some Xbox One and PS4 titles will outdo that though.

And Zelda is receiving high scores from everywhere! It's a good day to be a Nintendo gamer :)

System sellers!

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

I have never been so spoilt with games from Nintendo, despite the wii u having a drought for much of the year. It is a great time to buy a nintendo fan and not a great time to have limited funds

Around the Network

In terms of quality software, Nintendo really is dominating. Unfortunately I see hype overshadowing them this Christmas, but the sales should still be very solid.

Oh, and until it sold out the Mario & Luigi bundle was on the front page of most of those online retailer's best sellers lists.

Locknuts said:
In terms of quality software, Nintendo really is dominating. Unfortunately I see hype overshadowing them this Christmas, but the sales should still be very solid.

sorry, but what hype? if you mean the other 2 systems, all I see is a declining hype. It sometimes feel worst than the Wii U at launch. 

cbarroso09 said:
Locknuts said:

sorry, but what hype? if you mean the other 2 systems, all I see is a declining hype. It sometimes feel worst than the Wii U at launch. 

You might be right. If this PS4 issues aren't isolated to Amazon shipments and Xbox One reviews are on par with PS4 ones, I can see the hype dying down quite quickly. In the end I hope all three companies do well though. The industry needs to show that it's expanding to prove the naysayers wrong.

Am I meant to be surprised, I expect both of them to outsell all launch games from PS4 and XBO.
The only games I can see maybe beating Zelda is Forza and Killzone.